closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Netgear Arlo CCTV anyone?

You are right, MB2...see How does the motion detection feature work on my Arlo cameras? for:

Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, and Arlo Go cameras trigger when the infrared technology detects an object that is warmer than the surrounding environment. The motion sensor is more sensitive to side-to-side movement across its field of view than to movement directly toward or away from the camera. The motion sensitivity settings range from one (low sensitivity) to 100 (high sensitivity).

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    You are right, MB2...see How does the motion detection feature work on my Arlo cameras? for:

Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, and Arlo Go cameras trigger when the infrared technology detects an object that is warmer than the surrounding environment. The motion sensor is more sensitive to side-to-side movement across its field of view than to movement directly toward or away from the camera. The motion sensitivity settings range from one (low sensitivity) to 100 (high sensitivity).
    Thanks for that it is helpful and will affect how I site my "trigger" camera.

OP if you have a lights on the front of the house you might want to look at the Netatmo Presence as a different solution.

https://www.netatmo.com/en-US/product/security/presence

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    There was a break in 2 doors down from me a couple of days ago which has got me thinking about security kit. The 3 camera kit is currently on a lightning deal for £289.99. Is this worth getting? I'd probably set it up to cover the front door, back door and our conservatory.
    Where's this offer please?

I also have pretty thick walls (old house!). I have noticed a few reporting wifi signal issues, anyone else had issues with this? Would like at least 3 cameras, 2 would be within 15ft of the hub, but the other ideally would be 30ft+ on the garage - is that possible or not realistic?
    Last edited by NickMSM; 3rd February 2017 at 18:23.

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM View Post
    Offer was on Amazon lightning deal only. Now expired.

Looks like you've missed it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arlo-Smart-.../dp/B00TDNYNN0

Master
    Thanks anyway, will keep a look out for any other deals.

Craftsman

I also have pretty thick walls (old house!). I have noticed a few reporting wifi signal issues, anyone else had issues with this? Would like at least 3 cameras, 2 would be within 15ft of the hub, but the other ideally would be 30ft+ on the garage - is that possible or not realistic?
    My furthest camera is 50ft and 3 x 9" brick walls away from the hub. Its a weak signal but functions just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bogie View Post
    My furthest camera is 50ft and 3 x 9" brick walls away from the hub. Its a weak signal but functions just fine.
    I am 20m away from the hub but not as thick walls and have 2 (out of 3) bars signal strength.

Master
    Looks like I grossly underestimated the distance to my garage, guess I'll find out soon enough!

Has anyone got the new Arlo Pro system yet?

I'm currently running the original and very happy with it but need to purchase another camera as my RS6 won't fit on the usual place on the drive (DOH!), toying with the idea of going for the new version.

Hard to see the benefit bar voice though?

Master
    Ive used the voice a couple of times just to tell the postie to leave a parcel or wait a few minutes if I'm out.
    Bit of a delay after motion sensed and the alert comes through so I put another camera at the top of the drive to get 30 seconds or so notice before they get to the door (where theres another camera).

Didnt realise how many bloody cats come wandering about the place setting the sensor off in the middle of the night though.

I noticed that Currys now have just the normal cameras on offer @ £69.97 in a clearance sale and wonder if the new HD cameras will now be the norm as well as the new portable model.

I'm currently considering options and waiting on a decent deal to appear before a take the leap.

B

No stock in any local currys and not available for delivery :-(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Has anyone got the new Arlo Pro system yet?

I'm currently running the original and very happy with it but need to purchase another camera as my RS6 won't fit on the usual place on the drive (DOH!), toying with the idea of going for the new version.

Hard to see the benefit bar voice though?
    Based on the Amazon prices for the Pro it is massively more expensive for what you get over the HD. I'd rather buy some rechargeables!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    No stock in any local currys and not available for delivery :-(
    Same price on amazon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bomberman View Post
    I noticed that Currys now have just the normal cameras on offer @ £69.97 in a clearance sale and wonder if the new HD cameras will now be the norm as well as the new portable model.

I'm currently considering options and waiting on a decent deal to appear before a take the leap.

B
    Cheers for that, just snagged an extra camera

Well done - I couldn't find any local to me or even when I put in London !

I am thinking of setting one up across the drive as a trigger for the others.

Blog Entries
    Just checked and there's nothing local to me now, looks like stock sold out pretty quick . I could've nipped in and picked one up for you, stuck it in the post but the nearest stock is showing Rochdale which isn't very close at all

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Well done - I couldn't find any local to me or even when I put in London !

I am thinking of setting one up across the drive as a trigger for the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    Just checked and there's nothing local to me now, looks like stock sold out pretty quick . I could've nipped in and picked one up for you, stuck it in the post but the nearest stock is showing Rochdale which isn't very close at all
    Amazon have them for the same price

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arlo-Smart-...&keywords=Arlo

Can the base unit be connected to a wired switch or does it have to be to the router?

I'm running out of space downstairs and have powerline adapters to a wired switch in my office.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Can the base unit be connected to a wired switch or does it have to be to the router?

I'm running out of space downstairs and have powerline adapters to a wired switch in my office.
    Wired switch via power line adapter is how mine is connected - no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Wired switch via power line adapter is how mine is connected - no issues.
    Nice one thanks a lot for confirming.

Master
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arlo-Smart-...+arlo+1+camera

Just bought the 1 camera system for £159 on Amazon. Hurry though as the deal ends at 5pm today I believe. Added two more cameras at £69 each so a good saving.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arlo-Smart-...+arlo+1+camera

Just bought the 1 camera system for £159 on Amazon. Hurry though as the deal ends at 5pm today I believe. Added two more cameras at £69 each so a good saving.
    Thanks ordered one extra camera with the single camera kit for £234.71

The 3 camera kit is £289.99 on Amazon again.

Netgear Arlo CCTV anyone?

Arlo Add On Cameras now £49.97 @ Amazon.

Surprisingly they have stock.

B

2 camera kit on lightning deal for £214.99 now

Craftsman
    Thanks for both the heads ups. I ordered 2 cameras this morning with a view to picking up a base at some point. Probably have more cameras than I need now but I will keep them as spares/for future expansion.

Master
    The Amazon price goes up and down more than a yoyo.

3 camera was £289.99 30 minutes ago, now £409.99, 1 camera system £197 earlier, now £188.....

Single cameras still £49.99 at Currys, and luckily for me stock available locally. Just need to source a cheap base station now.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paule23 View Post

3 camera was £289.99 30 minutes ago, now £409.99, 1 camera system £197 earlier, now £188.....

Single cameras still £49.99 at Currys, and luckily for me stock available locally. Just need to source a cheap base station now.
    Have a look when you are in currys. The 2 camera base station is being cleared at £120ish in the stores that have stock (was on hukd the other day).

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/netg...c-only-2629826
    Last edited by Enda; 11th March 2017 at 13:42. Reason: Link added

Cheaper...Single HD Security Camera Kit £159.99 at Amazon until 17h00 today.

Craftsman
    Quick question...

What motion detection setting do most people use on these? Ours are all internal so we just arm and disarm them when we are entering/leaving the house.

I'm looking into getting them for my dad (pensioner living on his own) and he wouldn't be the most tech savvy so I think 'motion detection' is probably the best setting for him. They would mostly be placed externally with one camera probably getting up to 10 detections a day and the rest would be very few. Does the always on motion detection kill the battery or is it OK if there are very little detections?

Master

Camelcamelcamel is great for tracking prices on Amazon.
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Arlo-...context=search

Craftsman
    4 camera kit is £360 on lightning deals

Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post
    Quick question...

What motion detection setting do most people use on these? Ours are all internal so we just arm and disarm them when we are entering/leaving the house.

I'm looking into getting them for my dad (pensioner living on his own) and he wouldn't be the most tech savvy so I think 'motion detection' is probably the best setting for him. They would mostly be placed externally with one camera probably getting up to 10 detections a day and the rest would be very few. Does the always on motion detection kill the battery or is it OK if there are very little detections?
    You can set the sensitivity of the motion detection - I have most of mine on 80% and the front door on 100%. I have mine always on apart from when I am in & out of the house. If you have the app on your phone you can adjust the settings over the first weeks to get the level right.

They do seem to chew through batteries - my guess would be 9 months in my usage.

I've been umming and ahhing about whether these are overkill for what I need.

However I have just had my first proper alert (I'm away at the moment) and check to see 2 of my neighbours on my back garden. Now to be fair I think all that has happened is they've retrieved something that's blown into my garden but it was interesting to watch!

It is a fantastic bit of kit and I'll be putting all 3 of mine up properly when I get home (just have one in the back garden on a camera grip at the moment)

Journeyman
    Great thread...been thinking bout installing a system for a while...really helpful fellas!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

has anyone got the arlo pro HD? Not sure if it worth the extra money, as I'm not fussed about audio, but from the stills and video does look better from internet reviews. Any thoughts in the real world environment?

Blog Entries
    I am now 15 months in and this system is just so useable.

Anyone remotely thinking about it just dive in, after a few months you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

Pitch

Craftsman
    Damn you G&D!

Anyone got a good source for rechargeables?

Thanks.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_li30 View Post
    has anyone got the arlo pro HD? Not sure if it worth the extra money, as I'm not fussed about audio, but from the stills and video does look better from internet reviews. Any thoughts in the real world environment?
    Key selling point is really the rechargeable or mains power options (both included) the audio and camera improvements are nice to have. I have not upgraded my original Arlo yet, may buy a pro camera for outdoor, when the solar hood is available, then Its self charging

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiloman View Post
    Damn you G&D!

Anyone got a good source for rechargeables?

Thanks.
    Good selection on Amazon, albeit the NETGEAR approved ones are not listed in the UK yet. Watch the mh rating on them though, some are 1/2 the original CR123, so you save money long term but change twice as often.....

I have 3 cameras, so 12 batteries, twice a year at 24 batteries a year thats under £25 from amazon, so not toooo bad.

Blog Entries
    - - - Updated - - -

Just added a Q to my system for added surveillance whilst my extensions are being built.

Quality and added sound are very very nice.

Pitch

Craftsman
    The single camera system is £150 on amazon today.

Netgear Arlo CCTV anyone?

Amazon deal no longer on, but Argos have them for £179.99, which is cheaper than current Amazon price

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Just added a Q to my system for added surveillance whilst my extensions are being built.

Quality and added sound are very very nice.

Pitch
    I have a "Q" wired camera in my garage as the Arlo Wi-fi didnt reach that location but my regular Wi-Fi did reach fine. It works great. I like how all the different Arlo cameras are integrated in the single app.

I have an Arlo GO mobile LTE camera on beta trial at the moment and its very cool. It Will be even better when the solar panel self recharge option is out. Then you really have a completely standalone battery/solar powered camera. You just need a SIM card and mobile phone coverage. Handy for the holiday home, boat, remote garage etc

Amazon have a Lightning Deal (£306) on the 3 camera system today. It runs for a few more hours...
    And today they have the 4 camera system on offer at £360 until 17h25 (link).

Master
    Three camera system £279.99 today

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Three camera system £279.99 today
    Just a little more today: link for Deal of the Day.

Master
    Been thinking about this kind of thing for a while so have gone for these, thanks!

Just a little more today: link for Deal of the Day.