closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

I just checked mine and the monthly cost remains the same BUT Sky want to charge £199 for either SkyQ box installation????

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    That’s what I was offered initially so I just renewed the HD. Now in my sky there is a Sky Q upgrade offer for same price as I pay for sky HD. Equipment free and the 12 quid is discounted. It requires a new contract and without ringing them I can’t see whether the price is held for the contract duration. I’ll get round to that eventually.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    I just checked mine and the monthly cost remains the same BUT Sky want to charge £199 for either SkyQ box installation????
    Ludicrous. Even a new customer gets it cheaper now. Ring them.

Master
    What sort of Sky Q deals have people been getting for around £30 a month?? My existing deal is up in a few weeks, rang them up but they could only offer the same prices as the internet, I assume I ring the cancellation number/option and threaten to cancel before being offered any better deals???

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pubdweller View Post
    Stupidly forgot to call before my previous deal expired. I was paying £66 for movies / sport /HD phone and broadband.

Standard price went back up to £116..got them on the phone today. The best they could do was half price broadband and TV but still have line rental and phone

Total £74.90.. more than I wanted to pay but given how it seems people are struggling with offers currently accepted it..saves me about £480 a year (18 month deal)
    Just had the same conversation. I was paying £61 and I told em unless it was the same or less, cancel.

We’ll see what happens next....

Craftsman
    I've got 11 days left before cut off. Since I gave them 30 days notice I've had various offers, the best being 50% off and £25 credit to my account on a 1 month contract.
    That might seem good, but I'm still on 75% off and £100 credit from last year.
    It's true they are not giving anywhere near that this year, but I'll hang on a bit longer until the wife is on the verge of killing me for not signing up again.

Journeyman
    Zen Internet are the best ISP. They offer both broadband and fixed line telephone services and their support is seconds to none. For the techies, they give you fixed IP addresses. They don't offer TV services but there are many providers out there that do. Ditched Sky years ago as I'm not interested in football or films and it is too expensive, particularly if you don't haggle all the time - its just not worth the hassle.
    Last edited by slever; 12th November 2017 at 11:11.

Gave up Sky subscription in September and now only have free to view channels. The ‘loss’ doesn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. Can always find something to watch

I'm the opposite, i've just cancelled my BT deal, stupid thing, tv signs you up for 12 months but broadband for 18 months meaning your always tied in???

BT increased my deal and again i would be tied in at different times??? Just rang Sky and I've got TV, phone line with Sky fibre broadband and Variety package with free installation and Sky Q box for £50 a month!!!

Thats £14 cheaper than BT and no increases for 18 months, after that i'll see what they offer or just go back to BT as they'll be offering me a new customer deal again...

Craftsman
    Our offer expires next month so rang in to see about a new one, went for cancellation option via phone and it's now completely automated so the machine has put me up for cancellation in feb without speaking to anyone. Guess I'd better get BT TV arranged!

Blog Entries
    If you want to speak to someone go through the live chat and request a callback. Just did it and they called back within the minute. I've just come out of an offer, SkyQ all in was £56 but has jumped to £96. Best they could do on the phone is £56 minus the movies, but for 18 months. I'm going to sit it out and see if anything better comes.

Craftsman
    I ended up going with the full package + free skyQ and mini box install, 50% off and £52 credit to account (got offered 1st month free). Nowhere near last year's deal but keeps the wife and kids happy

Blog Entries
    How much you paying per month?

Master
    Only managing 40% off this time when negotiating.
    I was on 50% off so have cancelled. They keep phoning but won’t offer me 50% yet.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    How much you paying per month?
    £52pm, minus the £52 credit and you could say it's £47.66.
    Oh and that's a 12 month contract, skyQ is usually 18 months, but I got it for 12 months also, even got them to confirm it in my account notes, then rang back up and got another CS advisor to read it back out just to make sure.

Blog Entries
    That's a good deal, i'd be happy with that. They've offered me the full SkyQ package less movies for £56 so far, i told them to jump so currently waiting patiently for an improved offer.

Any more recent updates? Has anyone done any deals in December, and if so, what did you get?

Master
    Time for me to play the merry go round around soon as mines now well over £110 for the tv with movies and no sport, phone And broadband.

Master
    Another company who are going to lose my business in 2018 I suspect. Contract expired and after a long phone-call they managed to save me a mighty £2 per month (£90 all-in without sports).

I told them Virgin had offered me a 12 month deal at £85 for the full VIP package with sports and movies and all the rest of it, they came back with a similar-ish number but without sports. Bollocks to them, I've spent the last 5 years paying them almost a grand a year. However realistic it is, I want to pay UNDER £70 a month for the full package (and/or some incentives for loyalty) and if they can't meet that then stuff them.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Another company who are going to lose my business in 2018 I suspect. Contract expired and after a long phone-call they managed to save me a mighty £2 per month (£90 all-in without sports).

I told them Virgin had offered me a 12 month deal at £85 for the full VIP package with sports and movies and all the rest of it, they came back with a similar-ish number but without sports. Bollocks to them, I've spent the last 5 years paying them almost a grand a year. However realistic it is, I want to pay UNDER £70 a month for the full package (and/or some incentives for loyalty) and if they can't meet that then stuff them.
    Is there any broadband/phone mixed in with the TV? For £90 a month if want full TV package, Max broadband line rental, anytime calls and a partridge in a pear tree..
    Whatever package you are on you want a minimum of 50% off and at least £25 credit to your account.
    Try again, when automated answer kicks in, say "callback team" that should get you straight through to someone who could give you a decent deal.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was paying 107 for hd sport etc to Sky so after 7 years I finally decided to finish with them.

Got a now tv Black Friday deal, 12 months movies for 100 and 12 months sport for 200.

So I'm saving a small fortune and also have the movies - win win!

Quote Originally Posted by andyjay View Post
    Any more recent updates? Has anyone done any deals in December, and if so, what did you get?
    18 month contract as follows
    Variety pack plus all sports £21 per month
    I disconnected in June 2017

They offered me the movies for an extra £4 a month

That’s on the normal box which I prefer as my sister has the Q

My fibre I did with virgin for £21 a month and is much faster than anything else I’ve had 58meg

Well it’s nearly been 3 months since we gave Sky the Spanish archer and it’s definitely made a difference to the both of us. Even the dog is feeling the benefit, she’s getting a longer 2nd or sometimes even a 3rd walk later in the evening and me and the missus now take a stroll to our local for a pint and a glass of wine once or twice a week. The NowTV deal we had is coming to an end, I doubt we’ll renew it, sometimes we don’t even bother turning the tv on at all.
    Although quite why I’m looking for a deal of a Sonos Sub is beyond me...

Master
    I cancelled ours months ago and don't miss it one bit I much prefer Netflix and their price Sky for me was lacking content and not worth the money.

Just cancelled my Sky as well, was paying £71 a month for variety pack and sports.
    Not sure what I’m going to go for next.
    Does anyone know if you can buy one off sporting events, ie the golf masters?

Quote Originally Posted by Chukas View Post
    Does anyone know if you can buy one off sporting events, ie the golf masters?
    Now TV Sport Pass.

£10.99 for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Now TV Sport Pass.

£10.99 for the week.
    Perfect, thanks.
    Seems the way forward for me just paying for sporting events I’m interested in.

Master
    About to cancel my subscription as well the value for money just isn’t there for me, not really sure what I’ll do after I cancel as for watching films sport etc

Journeyman
    Our sky tv with movies is £18 a month and phone and unlimited internet with them is £24.
    I can't complain about that to be honest , think it's a very good price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    About to cancel my subscription as well the value for money just isn’t there for me, not really sure what I’ll do after I cancel as for watching films sport etc
    Although i am on a 50% offer when it runs out i will use NOW tv and just pay for what i want.They also do deals so far cheaper than Sky.

Master
    Blog Entries
    NowTV all the way!

Craftsman
    Just cancelled my Sky as the programs we watch are on Freesat so collected a Humax HD Freesat recorder and it's got Sky features like pause, record two programs etc and no bills.

Grand Master
    well my 60% off deal (sky+ hd, all channels) is ending next month. are such deals still out there or is it time to look elsewhere?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    well my 60% off deal (sky+ hd, all channels) is ending next month. are such deals still out there or is it time to look elsewhere?
    I got it but I did cut it off to get it
    £21 a month with all but films
    18 month contract so no need to worry for a while

That’s tv only obvs
    I have virgin fibre for £21 for the other need

I did the whole cancellation thing again with them at the end of last year, ended up with 40% off TV which I wasn’t very happy about, but the best they would do. The problem I have is that I can’t get Virgin in our road, so have to be careful what I tell them I can get as I am playing a bluff! Ended up with 76Mb unlimited fibre for £17.50 a month and telephone line with calls for about £22. The TV ended up being called ‘box sets’ as it has HD in it and is slightly more than the basics with HD. Over all £60 a month. Dropped sports - they’ve lost so much to BT, and for cinema we have moved to Netflix which provides everything else.

It it does seem that the deals just aren’t as good at the moment, or not that I was able get! So you have to take you pick!

Master
    Best they offered me was 40% with sports and cinema. Gonna go through with cancelling and see if I actually miss it much. I do like the Sky DVR function but most programmes are the terrestrial channels so don't think I will miss it with a humax freesat.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

I've just got rid of Sky. I was up to £80 a month and I've got same package (minus films) for £23 from BT. The films I can get free off Showbox on my tablet and throw onto TV.

Master
    PLEASE NOTE

My package is coming to and end in June and no way if you want it for the Sports package should you commit to a 18 month deal as in 2019 both Sky and BT Sport will be able to be bought as a complete package through either Sky/BT.

I expect really good deals late 2018 early 2019 so don't tie in for 18 months.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    PLEASE NOTE

My package is coming to and end in June and no way if you want it for the Sports package should you commit to a 18 month deal as in 2019 both Sky and BT Sport will be able to be bought as a complete package through either Sky/BT.

I expect really good deals late 2018 early 2019 so don't tie in for 18 months.

Mark

I heard this last week, appearantly Amazon may start bidding for a Premier League package and BT/Sky will need to team up to compete.

Grand Master
    well just got my 60% off deal extended for 12 months into feb 2019 via live chat. £29 for sky+hd. all channels, movies. sports, etc
    happy with that tbh.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Time for my annual dance.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    well just got my 60% off deal extended for 12 months into feb 2019 via live chat. £29 for sky+hd. all channels, movies. sports, etc
    happy with that tbh.
    Well done
    It what I got
    It’s there for sure

^^ you did very well. I think they eventually match what you have had.

I did the annual 20 minute call yesterday and only managed 40% and that was when I'd gone through to cancellations. Variety pack plus movies plus sport £41.20 .... but they did fix it for 18 months which at least avoids the rigmarole for a bit longer

What gets me is you really need to diarise the end of the deals as it took 3 months of bank statements showing I was paying the full rate before I was motivated to summon the energy to call them ! Maybe will try the online chat next time

Journeyman
    Returned to sky after cancelling some 6 months ago..

The deal I'm on now:
    (in addition to the basic package)
    Sky box sets.
    Sky Movies.
    Sky Sports.
    +
    Sky broadband.
    Line Rental.

Total £54.00 per month.

Sky sent a letter to my folks saying no need to call we're extending your discount for another year, they're Black VIP members if that makes any difference but it saved me bullying them into making a call.

Annoying thing is I'd gone through the I want a discount call and actually ended up agreeing to 50% rather than the 60% I had. Wish I'd waited now.

Blog Entries
    My Sky telly stopped today... Nobody has tried calling me to retain my business :-(

What to do? Swallow my pride and call them or hang on for another couple of days?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    My Sky telly stopped today... Nobody has tried calling me to retain my business :-(

What to do? Swallow my pride and call them or hang on for another couple of days?
    You tried the app?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    You tried the app?
    The App? How do you mean?

the "my sky" app or have a look on the services menu on your sky box for offers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    the "my sky" app or have a look on the services menu on your sky box for offers.
    Ah ok! Will do….

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

You’ll get letters in a day or two