closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Master
    well as the footy starts next week and I've a load of friends staying who will have a hissy fit if there is no sky I made the call.

system popped out a 60% deal straight away which was nice, especially as I'd mentioned them offering 50% hoping to get at least that much (online shows 40% deals)!

full package for £33.95 for 12 months, diary note made for cancellation 28th June next year.

Craftsman
    even though i`ve renewed I keep getting "come back to us with 60% discount" letters

Apprentice
    I managed to get 60% off, a rolling 30 day contract and a £50 credit to my account when I went to the wire last Christmas Eve.

I will see what happens when it comes round again in a few months.

Matt

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Just on the phone now....she's playing hard. 15% off...
    Trying to remove things off to bring cost down, we don't have sports or movies anyhow...
    She's cancelling now, 1 more months money out tomorrow, and it cancels 27th August.
    She's sending out email confirmation as we speak.

Will I have to wait until 27th August until I get offers on the account, or will it be in the next few days?
    Just thinking they will leave it as I'm not off air for another 30 days...

Just got offer through of 50%...
    If I play hard ball myself what's the next steps... wait? Phone up to discuss?
    Will this include 50% off broadband package etc?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sxgeeza View Post
    I managed to get 60% off, a rolling 30 day contract and a £50 credit to my account when I went to the wire last Christmas Eve.

I will see what happens when it comes round again in a few months.

Matt

I managed 60% off and £100 credit to account end of last year. I'll not renew without at least 60% off, any credit will be a bonus.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    I managed 60% off and £100 credit to account end of last year. I'll not renew without at least 60% off, any credit will be a bonus.
    Ooh maybe it was £100. I will have to check now!

Either way, I agree that 60% and a rolling contract or I am out. :)

Matt

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sxgeeza View Post
    Ooh maybe it was £100. I will have to check now!

Either way, I agree that 60% and a rolling contract or I am out. :)

Matt

Oh I missed your "30 day rolling contract" part. I'd have accepted £50 credit with that bonus
    Last edited by Nigel306; 26th July 2017 at 15:29.

Quote Originally Posted by deanlad View Post
    Will I have to wait until 27th August until I get offers on the account, or will it be in the next few days?
    When I left I didn't get any offer of any kind from Sky until they'd actually switched me off. This was in March. I have to have sky sports for work so by that stage I had agreed to have Virgin installed. It was considerably cheaper than what I'd been paying for Sky so I was happy. Until a day after my Sky was switched off and I got an email offering me 60% off...

Fuming.

Only good thing is I can now play them off against each other in future but until then I'm paying £85 a month for full Virgin package...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Think that's my fear, that they'll hang it out until I'm
    switched off...
    To be fair from only getting a verbal 15% off, within minutes of cancelling,
    50% offer was there in My Sky.
    I'll check the services section on the tv, as others claim offers have been sent there.
    A ballache to go through this, but no pain no gain...

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    When I left I didn't get any offer of any kind from Sky until they'd actually switched me off. This was in March. I have to have sky sports for work so by that stage I had agreed to have Virgin installed. It was considerably cheaper than what I'd been paying for Sky so I was happy. Until a day after my Sky was switched off and I got an email offering me 60% off...

Fuming.

Only good thing is I can now play them off against each other in future but until then I'm paying £85 a month for full Virgin package...

Quote Originally Posted by deanlad View Post
    Think that's my fear, that they'll hang it out until I'm
    switched off...
    To be fair from only getting a verbal 15% off, within minutes of cancelling,
    50% offer was there in My Sky.
    I'll check the services section on the tv, as others claim offers have been sent there.
    A ballache to go through this, but no pain no gain...
    I checked every place I could think to at the time - got nothing.
    I'm sure you'll get 60% eventually.
    I'd imagine it'll come the day your service gets cut off. I believe if you just call to take them up on it you'll be reconnected immediately so maybe just do that.

I've literally had to be cut off for the last two years to secure the 60% deal. Usually you will get the 50% off in the app or via "my Account" but I'm more than happy to do without Sky for a few weeks.

Think it was 30 days or so the last time around but 60% and £100.00 after 50%, 60% and 60% plus £50.00 credit had been initially offered before I buckled.

Master
    Anyone else had the mail shot, nothing to do, all the same for the next twelve months?
    Price is staying the same???
    Will save the endless chat & calls & have a fair deal at present.
    Unlimited fibre, w/e calls, HD packs, films sports box sets sky go etc £67.

Well I got the wife to email Sky requesting cancellation (It's in her name)
    They ran back today and offered 40% off for 18 months. My wife said no!
    They said that the next direct debit would be taken tomorrow and we can then cancel the direct debit (playing hardball) and gave us a reference number
    So, I'm getting the "if they cut us off you are in the dog house" treatment :( :(

- hopefully something will turn up if we log in to the account in a few weeks???

Just looked on the account and there is a 50% discount for 12 months - I guess this is the best it will get unless we wait for disconnection????
    Last edited by odyseus10; 1st August 2017 at 17:46.

Called today.

Round 1: initially offered 10% off for 18 months. Asked them just to cancel.

Round 2: 20% off for 18 months plus a ten pound one off set up fee. Asked them to cancel.

Round 3: Sky posturing. I should apparently be grateful getting a such a good deal when the normal cost should be nearly £50. Where's my problem? Erm, I currently pay £19.00 on a rolling 30 day contract. Asked them to cancel.

Round 4: Sorry no more deals available. No problems. Just cancel.

Round 5: Okay absolute "best I can do" is 50% off on a 12 month contract. New cost would be £23. There is zero chance of this being bettered. Well for the last two years you have offered 60% plus account credits.........Ah but that was because you were a "new customer" despite being with us over twenty years.

Round 6: Just cancel. TKO. Defeat accepted and subscription terminates in 30 days.

I will wait for the 60% offer again and if it is not forthcoming I will do without. Realised I only watch the odd football game, F1 and some of the Sky Atlantic series. Annoying that Sky are now trying to adopt an admin fee to offset the discounts too which seems to be a new tactic. Madness.

Are all these offers basis you having broadband with them as well as TV? I only have Sky TV but want to change to Sky Q so Like to try the cancel
    approach and then see what can get changing to Sky Q as well, but dont want to do it if they only do this for packages including broadband.

The really annoying thing is that when I logged into the Sky account yesterday (after my wife firmly said we were leaving ) there was a 50% off for 12 months,

Today that has dropped to 40% off for 12 months?????

Sky are hardening offers at the moment (perhaps because of the new way they are doing Sports channels and/or the time of year when people sign/re-sign for the Premier League

Best offers seem to be 50% for 12 months no contract, or
    60% for 12 months contract

No credits and deals not attached to the multi room part of your bill

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Are all these offers basis you having broadband with them as well as TV? I only have Sky TV but want to change to Sky Q so Like to try the cancel
    approach and then see what can get changing to Sky Q as well, but dont want to do it if they only do this for packages including broadband.
    Offers extend for tv and for those with tv and broadband.
    Finally got my parents to ring and cancel. They still have a really old non HD box and have paid full price for the basic subscription package without ever trying to get a better deal. Without any effort the monthly cost has been reduced to £7.50. Again just the entry tier pack but well worth a call if your contract is up or is due to be renewed.

It's interesting to see what they charge for new customers..

1GB Sky Q box, Full TV package+Sports+movies = £61 + one off £20 (I guess for fitting of the dish etc)

And we pay £75 for Full TV package+sports (no movies) with an old Sky+ box :( :(

I'm going to leave it a couple of weeks and say I want full package for 50% off + SkyQ box thrown in ........

I feel your pain... had exactly the same. I read your post earlier, re 50% > 40% offer, so logged into mine...Same ;-(

Tried the live chat earlier, despite being cute off 3 times, he got to 50% off for basic pack, plus sports, existing broadband and line rental...
    In real terms difference from £82 per month to £61...
    I would like a better offer , then was cut off again...

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    It's interesting to see what they charge for new customers..

1GB Sky Q box, Full TV package+Sports+movies = £61 + one off £20 (I guess for fitting of the dish etc)

And we pay £75 for Full TV package+sports (no movies) with an old Sky+ box :( :(

I'm going to leave it a couple of weeks and say I want full package for 50% off + SkyQ box thrown in ........

My in-laws have the old white standard sky box (pre sky+) and pay £59 a month for Variety pack and Sports. Box is now starting to play up and to be honest, they'd be happy enough if Sky simply replaced the box like-for-like, but no... The only thing they'll replace it with is a Sky Q box, which will cost them £199... no negotiation on that.

Thinking the best thing would be to cancel, but my FIL would die without the full sports package. I once read that it might be possible to sign up as a new customer immediately after cancellation if it was done in another name. Current package is in my MIL's name, so if this works, they could cancel, wait for disconnection and then signup again in my FIL's name. Anyone have any experience of this?

Gary

Sky just rang the wife.
    Back to offering 50% off our current Sky+HD package for 12 months.

They would only offer 25% discount for switching to SkyQ :(

I think she's about to cave in ??

Craftsman
    Sky just rang the wife.

Take the 50% discount and then add sky Q afterwards, think we paid £12 pm to upgrade to Sky Q and one multibox.

Master
    Sky just rang the wife.

Is that 50% for 12 months or 18 as i got that offer for 18 months in May and took it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Is that 50% for 12 months or 18 as i got that offer for 18 months in May and took it.
    No only 12 months although, I'll go for 18 month's if I can :)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    Take the 50% discount and then add sky Q afterwards, think we paid £12 pm to upgrade to Sky Q and one multibox.
    That sounds like a plan :) I was trying to see what an upgrade to SkyQ for existing customers, but all I get is an error - no doubt because the system thinks I'm leaving or left,

I guess another possibility is to sign up using my name as new customer?? At the moment its £61 full package SkyQ + one off charge of £21 (1TB SkyQ box)

Craftsman
    Just gave sky my 31 days notice. I asked to be put straight through to cancellations. Got put to retentions and just stated I wasn't after any offer. Just cancel my full TV package. I am with BT for line and fibre. I'll happily let the 31 days pass. Then I'll see what deal they offer on a 2TB Q box

Master
    I've given them my notice because they wouldn't match the 60% from last year. 50% was the best they'd do online. Adding insult to injury they've reduced that to 40% in my account.

Also can anyone clarify the Sky Q deals they are getting please? Are you paying for the box(es) or just the extra 12 quid?

Master
    Just about to go through the process. The online prompt offered me a whopping 10% if I contract for 18 months!

Master
    Only offered 40% off for 18 month commitment. I am leaving 14th September now!

Master
    I am so glad I got rid of Sky months ago I don't miss it at all it was expensive and for me there was hardly anything I wanted to watch I much prefer Netflix, to watch the new season of GOT I have just bought a Nowtv 6 month pass for £27!!!!!! £4.50 per month now that is more like it and it has the boxed sets on there as well :)

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I got rid of mine last year due to poor signal with trees at house,just use kodi now though im tempted with the iptv subscription that i can get for £60 for the year and that will include all 3pm kick offs without having to search all over for a stream

Even with these sorts of games I'd expect to pay more for sky in the near future - it looks like they going to face more competition for premium league and have to pay as much as £600 million extra a year for rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dm1672 View Post
    I got rid of mine last year due to poor signal with trees at house,just use kodi now though im tempted with the iptv subscription that i can get for £60 for the year and that will include all 3pm kick offs without having to search all over for a stream
    I think you will struggle with football this season, Sky have gone with the IP's to try and block everything and from what I've read it's working.

I have a massive 4k TV, I don't mind paying my Sky / BT subscription to watch the football and all films / TV shows in perfect quality, to watch a poor quality stream defeats the object of paying £3k plus for a good TV no?

Master

Cancelled My Sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    I think you will struggle with football this season, Sky have gone with the IP's to try and block everything and from what I've read it's working.
    Three letters, VPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Three letters, VPN.
    Maybe so, but I really cannot be bothered with the faff to watch a poor quality stream, being a city fan I'm quite lucky in the fact that Sky and Bt fall over themselves to show our matches so very little are on @ 3pm anyway.

Master

Cancelled My Sky TV

Maybe so, but I really cannot be bothered with the faff to watch a poor quality stream, being a city fan I'm quite lucky in the fact that Sky and Bt fall over themselves to show our matches so very little are on @ 3pm anyway.
    Fair enough. I subscribe to Sky and BT so I can watch in quality, but the 3pm games are not costing them, any revenue.
    Last edited by Chalet; 16th August 2017 at 21:33.

Master
    Sky playing hardball as the end date looms. They've reduced the offer in my online account to 30% down from 40%. The 50% offered on the phone looks attractive now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    Sky playing hardball as the end date looms. They've reduced the offer in my online account to 30% down from 40%. The 50% offered on the phone looks attractive now!
    Ditto :(

I think we will try and get the new customer SkyQ full package deal for £61 (+£20 one off payment) or do people suggest i wait to be cut off first????

Same...
    When i spoke via online chat a week or so ago, i was told that they could get the 50% back...
    Might try that again, with sky Q etc...

Craftsman
    I'm in discussion just now.... so far, as a renewing customer, I'm down to £64 from £92 for full sky Q package and £23.50 for fibre unlimited plus broadband with no set-up costs (currently with BT). I'm still plugging away using the facebook message chat function to CS.

Joe

Apprentice
    I got a sky deal through moneysavingexpert last year. Sky Q box, all channels + movies + sport etc. £30 a month, £0 install fee. When it comes to renewal ill just say keep it the same price or im going.

Got a bit of a result today -

alrwady on 55% off the top package plus multiroom, found out I'm a black VIP member and getting Sky Q 4K footed on the 30th for the same price for 18 months!

Anyone else on the 4K package? Is it any good?

Got a bit of a result today -

alrwady on 55% off the top package plus multiroom, found out I'm a black VIP member and getting Sky Q 4K footed on the 30th for the same price for 18 months!

Anyone else on the 4K package? Is it any good?
    Interesting, how did you find out about that deal? I'm apparently a Platinum VIP, but can't see anything like that appearing in the app?

Master

Cancelled My Sky TV

Now having fun and games. Accepted the online offer of 40% for 12 months that appeared after I cancelled but didn't apply on my account. Now showing me a 30% offer.....

Update: Sorted me out on live chat and gave me a credit!
    Last edited by Chalet; 19th August 2017 at 12:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    Interesting, how did you find out about that deal? I'm apparently a Platinum VIP, but can't see anything like that appearing in the app?
    I just went to the app on the phone, as I've been with them for 17 years I was classed as black and it came up under my offers along with a free film 😊

^^^ Oh, maybe black is extra extra special then!

Craftsman
    I just went to the app on the phone, as I've been with them for 17 years I was classed as black and it came up under my offers along with a free film 😊
    Just went through the same process and up came Black. Free movie sorted for this evening. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Now having fun and games. Accepted the online offer of 40% for 12 months that appeared after I cancelled but didn't apply on my account. Now showing me a 30% offer.....

Update: Sorted me out on live chat and gave me a credit!
    So what did you get? Currently using the sky app messaging service. Appears to be 30mins between responses :) I told them I want a decent full TV package SkyQ deal for a customer of 17 years that's always paid full price!!