closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    I never had any phone calls . In fact i was not contacted apart from the generic email offers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Just ring them with.....

"I took a call at work the other day..... the guy said he was from sky and said that they wanted to keep my business...
    He said I could have 75% off for 12 months"
    I told him I'd have to call back as was busy and also dubious....
    Can we discuss it please?"

This was after I'd disconnected

Got full package without movies for £16 a month

I may get my mrs on the case. She used to be in sales and likes a challenge.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    It's gets silly every year fighting for a deal with sky but I got extra lucky Christmas time, I ended up with 75% off and £100 credit to my account, it worked out to £19 a month over 12 months. This was for full package sports and movies HD, and multi room.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    It's gets silly every year fighting for a deal with sky but I got extra lucky Christmas time, I ended up with 75% off and £100 credit to my account, it worked out to £19 a month over 12 months. This was for full package sports and movies HD, and multi room.
    Now that's a great deal. Since we've left Sky they have frequently offered 60% off to come back.

Craftsman
    £92 a month for Sky? I'll put the Sky box in the bin before I'd pay that. Crazy. I'm still on a discounted Friends & Family Movies & Sport deal, so will see what happens when that ends. Had to call Sky on behalf of my in-laws at the weekend to try to renegotiate their deal. Not a great discount in all honesty (20% off and tied in for 18 months), but they watch a lot of TV and don't want to be without the Sky channels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ghu1967 View Post
    £92 a month for Sky? I'll put the Sky box in the bin before I'd pay that. Crazy. I'm still on a discounted Friends & Family Movies & Sport deal, so will see what happens when that ends. Had to call Sky on behalf of my in-laws at the weekend to try to renegotiate their deal. Not a great discount in all honesty (20% off and tied in for 18 months), but they watch a lot of TV and don't want to be without the Sky channels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You negotiated 20%?

That's terrible!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    You negotiated 20%?

That's terrible!
    Agreed. Didn't have a strong hand as the in-laws weren't prepared to follow through with actually losing their Sky. They spend 90% of their time indoors and a large % of that time is watching TV, so for them it's there pastime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ghu1967 View Post
    Agreed. Didn't have a strong hand as the in-laws weren't prepared to follow through with actually losing their Sky. They spend 90% of their time indoors and a large % of that time is watching TV, so for them it's there pastime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thing is you don't have to go through with it. Within minutes you get a 50% offer (all in here).

I know it wouldn't be their business model but it just annoys me how they don't price the right for all customers.

Master
    I got one of my sky bills down from 70+ a month to 45 a month, this is for basic tv with landline and up to 14mbs broadband for 12 months. I just phoned them, told them I wanted to leave because they had got too expensive and the very helpful guy on the phone lopped 30 ish quid off. Took about 10 minutes so well worth the call.

Craftsman
    Anyone seen any good deals lately? Nothing looking too amazing currently - and my TalkTalk is finishing at the end of this month. I want fibre mainly - but it would be a package with TV and phone. Don't really care about extra channels etc and would be happy with just freeview. Any suggestions of things you've spotted would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by RayTango View Post
    Anyone seen any good deals lately? Nothing looking too amazing currently - and my TalkTalk is finishing at the end of this month. I want fibre mainly - but it would be a package with TV and phone. Don't really care about extra channels etc and would be happy with just freeview. Any suggestions of things you've spotted would be appreciated.
    Bt were doing fibrecat a silly pricecwhen you add in cash back and a ore paid credit card thing they give you

Have a look on Quidco as that's where the bargains are highlighted

Ring sky
    Tell them you want to leave talk talk and tell them to match what you are paying
    They'll burst their nuts to match to get you as a customer

Craftsman
    Thanks for that - yes Talktalk were the best when I joined but the BT deal looks half decent.

Craftsman
    The BT deal is £34.99 a month - £419.88 in total. It includes a mastercard with £200 on it. Therefore this makes it £18.32 a month. Upfront fees are £59 including £50 activation. I think this means the upfront fees are part of the £419.88 - these things are never entirely clear on the BT site - am I right do you reckon?

Craftsman
    Well 12 months half price for the lot ended and they've took £92 out my bank. So just phoned and got offered 50% off packages but not off the hd or the multi room like last year. So I just told them to cancel it. See what happens

Quote Originally Posted by RayTango View Post
    The BT deal is £34.99 a month - £419.88 in total. It includes a mastercard with £200 on it. Therefore this makes it £18.32 a month. Upfront fees are £59 including £50 activation. I think this means the upfront fees are part of the £419.88 - these things are never entirely clear on the BT site - am I right do you reckon?

Give them a bell my friend
    I don't have s y BB st all or landline now but would certainly go for the deal

Or ring sky with your maths and ask them to as a min to match for your business

Just moved and Virgin offered to drop price of our monthly package (think it's called M+ or something but basic channels + entertainment package for some SKY channels), from £55 to £39, up broadband speed to 100Mbps (which we do get consistently), and give us their new box which is a quantum leap over last one. Also includes phone line and weekend calls.

Master
    just trying to cancel is a ballache.

couldn't be arsed phoning so trying to do it online as a 'chat'; how many times in a conversation do you have to say; cancel the subscription!!?? I count about 4 different questions, from why? to mobile provider? which I replied the same each time; proceed with cancellation

she has now made me a final offer (not great, 40% off current package with £10 one off charge) and my reply was to the effect of "that is your first offer, which I didn't ask for, so how can it be your final offer?" please proceed with cancellation.

so 31 days and counting. when does GoT7 start??

have to decide between Virgin, arsing around with Netflix, Amazon (have both) and still retain access to sky via Dad's contract on my laptop for the odd stuff....

and then consider the full package including phone, BB etc with SKY in a few weeks.
    Last edited by westberks; 14th May 2017 at 15:28.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    Well 12 months half price for the lot ended and they've took £92 out my bank. So just phoned and got offered 50% off packages but not off the hd or the multi room like last year. So I just told them to cancel it. See what happens
    That happened to me once, never again! I call them when I've got a month to go and cancel. They make me a pony offer (40% I'd guess) which I decline. They then send a better off to my Sky account (50% I think) which I ignore. I often then get an email saying how sorry they are to see me go (I'm sorry too but that's life I'm afraid) and all detail all the great things I'll be missing. I then get on with life and a couple of weeks later my phone starts ringing. . . . . Wow and behold it's those lovely peeps from Sky.

I cut out the chit chat and just say I'm fed up playing these crappy games, either offer me xyz or don't waste any more time. Either that call or the follow up they always do.

I have sky sports, movies, HD, telephone rental and calls, broadband, multi room and another completely separate sky system in the annex for £58 a month for a year, plus they have me £50 off. I'm yet to see much better than that.

It's just a waiting game and yes they are total muppets as they all contradict each other but I want the sports, Golf especially, plus Sky Atlantic and movies for the kids so I'm happy to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    That happened to me once, never again! I call them when I've got a month to go and cancel. They make me a pony offer (40% I'd guess) which I decline. They then send a better off to my Sky account (50% I think) which I ignore. I often then get an email saying how sorry they are to see me go (I'm sorry too but that's life I'm afraid) and all detail all the great things I'll be missing. I then get on with life and a couple of weeks later my phone starts ringing. . . . . Wow and behold it's those lovely peeps from Sky.

I cut out the chit chat and just say I'm fed up playing these crappy games, either offer me xyz or don't waste any more time. Either that call or the follow up they always do.

I have sky sports, movies, HD, telephone rental and calls, broadband, multi room and another completely separate sky system in the annex for £58 a month for a year, plus they have me £50 off. I'm yet to see much better than that.

It's just a waiting game and yes they are total muppets as they all contradict each other but I want the sports, Golf especially, plus Sky Atlantic and movies for the kids so I'm happy to wait.

Exactly
    I do the same
    £16 a month I pay for all channels e cent movies
    Gives me all the sport etc
    Don't need bb of a phone

I'm due to give notice again end of June

Don't mind losing it to get what I want

Craftsman
    Jeez, I thought I had haggled a good deal but some of these make mine look feeble, oh well next renewal I'll try harder.

Master
    well I'm 12 days into cancellation period and the 50% deal has hit my sky account, 1st telephone call received (told to sod off), the email questionnaire has been completed (basically you are robbing bar stewards).

So I can sit back for another 2 weeks and see what happens.

Craftsman
    Same here. Also a postal offer came

just gone through the annual rigmarole

30 minute call

best she offered was 18 months at 50% off box set and sports but couldn't discount multi room. Brings It down from £77.50 to £44.75. Couldn't offer a credit on the account

So have gone ahead and cancelled ..... now wait and see !

Journeyman
    I've just done the same a few days ago. Have the sky service app, and immediately on getting off the phone I received a 50% off TV offer on there - which already bettered the top offer made over the phone. Will wait a few days before turn off to try again for a better offer.

Craftsman
    Mine goes off today. My 50% offer expired, let's see what happens now

Ended mine around 9 months ago and I still get offers to rejoin but only at 60% off so I doubt if they go much beyond this!

Craftsman
    Well 10 days on and no contact from them

Craftsman
    When I quit Sky I never heard from them either.... at all.

Best thing we ever did, we only use the free channels that the sky box gives us, Netflix and NowTV. Do not miss Sky at all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Ended mine around 9 months ago and I still get offers to rejoin but only at 60% off so I doubt if they go much beyond this!
    I get sky tv original package, broadband unlimited, line rental with pay as you go calls all for £17.73/month. It was literally days before due to finish and I called them with a different question entirely and she offered without promoting this deal. I didn't believe her at first but it's true. I've had this deal since February time ish.
    Last edited by oiljam; 22nd June 2017 at 20:40.

A different one for me this year.

Deal (60% off) coming to an end. All but movies. Live chat (to keep a record) explain that I don't want to do the cancellation dance, I want to keep what I've got. Any less isn't worth it. 10 mins or so on live chat, the guy says he can do a deal but probably not as good, so I say don't waste your time. Give me 2 mins he says. He comes back saying your deal doesn't expire till July 2018. Now I know thats not the case but I accept it.

A week later I get a 'you don't have to do anything, we've given you an extra 12 months on your deal' mail shot. Not seen this before.

Anyway, 'happy' to an extent as didn't really need to do anything. I personally could live without it but the wife watches a lot on catch up (totally ignoring the fact we don't need sky for what she watches!). But keeps her happy.

Second year I've said I don't want to cancel, I want to stay and want the same etc. It seems to work

Master
    using NowTV seems the way forward, you can get the Entertainment month pass for about £3 a month when it is on a deal, often with the box...

No contracts, and there are good deals on the movies too if you hunt around.

Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    Well 10 days on and no contact from them
    Call them up

Tell them you had a call from somebody claiming to be Sky offering 70 per cent off but you were in a meeting...

Opens up a conversation

Just sit tight

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Call them up

Tell them you had a call from somebody claiming to be Sky offering 70 per cent off but you were in a meeting...

Opens up a conversation

Just sit tight
    They called this afternoon and offered 60% off the package but not off multiroom or hd. Told them I'll think about it. Not missing it really

Just had t my annual conversation, was paying £35 PM then went up to £97 PM told them I'm cancelling it now down to £47 PM I'm happy with that.

I'm back onto the merry go round again, with our total package going from 75 to 110. Spent an hour on live chat last night and the best she could do was down to 85 providing I pay an £10 "admin fee" to release the offer!!!

Have demanded a call from somebody more senior, which apparently will happen tomorrow evening to see what they will do, or will have to go down the cancel and then call in 3 weeks charade again...

Are we allowed to talk about Virgin retention/disconnection in here as well?
    (basically because I haven't the time or the will to read through 635 posts...)

I've been overpaying for too long and phoned them up today to reduce some of the stuff I don't use - we've all but stopped using the landline these days and the kids are now teenagers so watch much less kids TV (just wander the house like zombies gawping at a phone with headphones on) so I asked about dropping some stuff which ended up coming out at a much nicer price but they then wanted me to commit to another 12months. Maybe it's just me but I don't mind being locked into something I've added but didn't expect to having to commit to a further year after removing items. Also, this is cost reduction by taking less services, rather than any kind of discount.

So... I told them I wanted to cancel, got put through to 'Retentions' who basically told me they were wonderful and offered me the same deal again so I told them to go ahead and cancel.

What happens next?

Cancelled mine Tuesday

Gave my notice on my £17 a month for all but movies deal

Bloke rang me today saying deals like that don't come up often

I told him I knew that and I don't need to have it

I'll sit it out as not bothered if they match it

I'll live without it

They offered me about twenty percent off on the spot before this call which was made by a total amateur

I'll keep you all posted
    It's a yawn

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Are we allowed to talk about Virgin retention/disconnection in here as well?
    (basically because I haven't the time or the will to read through 635 posts...)

I've been overpaying for too long and phoned them up today to reduce some of the stuff I don't use - we've all but stopped using the landline these days and the kids are now teenagers so watch much less kids TV (just wander the house like zombies gawping at a phone with headphones on) so I asked about dropping some stuff which ended up coming out at a much nicer price but they then wanted me to commit to another 12months. Maybe it's just me but I don't mind being locked into something I've added but didn't expect to having to commit to a further year after removing items. Also, this is cost reduction by taking less services, rather than any kind of discount.

So... I told them I wanted to cancel, got put through to 'Retentions' who basically told me they were wonderful and offered me the same deal again so I told them to go ahead and cancel.

What happens next?
    I was with Virgin for years, and always did the yearly 'I'm going to cancel' routine.

I always ended up with a satisfactory deal.

Fast forward to last year and they weren't playing at all, hence why I now have Sky.

It seemed to me that they didn't want any of my money.

That said, I'll be starting said routine with Sky in a couple of months!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Big View Post
    I was with Virgin for years, and always did the yearly 'I'm going to cancel' routine.

I always ended up with a satisfactory deal.

Fast forward to last year and they weren't playing at all...
    Hmm... obviously I haven't told them this but I won't have a Sky dish on my house and BT have fibre here but it's already over-subscribed. So I am going to end up staying with Virgin.
    I'm just hoping they'll phone me up and offer me a stonking deal. If I have to phone them back on day 29 of my 30 day notice period and say "Oh, go on then" I will.

Hmm... obviously I haven't told them this but I won't have a Sky dish on my house and BT have fibre here but it's already over-subscribed. So I am going to end up staying with Virgin.
    I'm just hoping they'll phone me up and offer me a stonking deal. If I have to phone them back on day 29 of my 30 day notice period and say "Oh, go on then" I will.
    Crazy that it has to be done each year, but it's often the same with utilities.

We always stuck with Virgin as we didn't have a BT line and didn't want to pay to have one installed. However, it didn't cost anything when we switched to Sky.

I guess we now have the luxury of being able to choose from either each year.

From what I have read on this thread, Sky seem more likely to offer deals these days than Virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Big View Post
    Crazy that it has to be done each year, but it's often the same with utilities.

We always stuck with Virgin as we didn't have a BT line and didn't want to pay to have one installed. However, it didn't cost anything when we switched to Sky.

I guess we now have the luxury of being able to choose from either each year.

From what I have read on this thread, Sky seem more likely to offer deals these days than Virgin.
    They were very quick to highlight to me that nobody can match them for broadband speed. They know they hold an ace on that one. We are currently on 70Mb and get 70Mb (and about to be moved up to Virgin's new minimum 100Mb). With three teenagers in the house, broadband speed is important.

Well I've just had the call and they offered me what I was already on (but going from my current 70Mb broadband to the new minimum of 100Mb) for £57. I pointed out that new customers get 'Full House' TV, 200Mb broadband and unlimited calls for £55 so they agreed I'd get all that for my £57. I'm happy with that and it's a 'saving' of >£40/month for the next 12months.
    That'll be £480 to put towards a watch then...

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    I've just gone from sky hd to sky q
    Got the full package 2 extra q boxes unlimited fibre for £72 a month
    Did you have to pay for the Sky Q Box on top of this? Ive just been initially told that my package price would stay the same but have to
    pay for the Q box plus for the second Mini box

Well I've just had the call and they offered me what I was already on (but going from my current 70Mb broadband to the new minimum of 100Mb) for £57. I pointed out that new customers get 'Full House' TV, 200Mb broadband and unlimited calls for £55 so they agreed I'd get all that for my £57. I'm happy with that and it's a 'saving' of >£40/month for the next 12months.
    That'll be £480 to put towards a watch then...
    Good result in the end.

And I agree about VM broadband.

Craftsman
    Bit the bullet. Final offer 60% off everything except the multiroom. So £44 for the lot on 2 boxes and HD. £2 cheaper than last year. Happy days and it'll stop the kids moaning about not be able to watch sponge bob

Master
    I just spent the afternoon 'doing the dance' and getting my 50% off for another year. What a waste of everyone's time. If TalkTalk TV was available in my area I would have stuck with my Sky cancellation - they seem to have some very reasonable deals, some including Sky Sports etc. Might be worth a look If you're thinking of dumping Sky for good

My fifty per cent off letter arrived

I'm not bothered at all unless I get the deal I have which they point blank said no to re running g

Master
    Freesat is the way to go, it's just been announced that Dave and Home channels will be on there from 1 August.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    Freesat is the way to go, it's just been announced that Dave and Home channels will be on there from 1 August.
    So it's getting more and more like Freeview then? ;-)

btw you soon get bored with seeing top gear over and over again though sometimes it's amusing to see how the presenters hair and clarksons stomach have changed over the decades ;-)

Master
    Had to do the 50% dance again this year, what a total waste of time and effort on both sides! As soon notice was given, up popped the "please don't go" message and the offer was there. Could have probably waited it out for 60% but was just so fed up with the whole thing that we just renewed at that.