closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    I just got 40% off for the next 10 months (12 month contract)- saved me £130
    Thats a poor deal. Should have got 50% at least for the whole 12 months

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Copyright theft is a criminal offence
    However, installing Kodi does not imply copyright infringement. Many people think it does but Kodi was not and is not designed with copyright crimes in mind. It's just a media viewer, PVR and framework.

Master
    Hadn't heard anything about the Discovery channel debacle so I just googled it.

Appears Sky backed down and a new agreement was signed yesterday.

Emailed sky tonight to cancel my tv package. It's 80 odd quid a month I'm paying. Too expensive

I called up to cancel, they offered me a few quid off there and then. Said no and went through the the cancellation. Within seconds of hanging up I had a 50% off offer come through on the sky services app. Within a week they'd written emailed and called.

60% off for a year, no contract. Happy days.

Got the folks to do the same thing, they caved in when offered the 50%

I still think about the dirty trick they pulled at Christmas. There I was, Christmas eve, thought to myself, do you know what, I fancy watching a James Bond film on Christmas day. Couldn't care what it was, but I was just in the mood for watching one.

Looked through the planner for Christmas day, nothing. Nothing on the terrestrial channels, and nothing on any other channel. Did a search in Sky movies, and there they all were, every single one of them, £7 each.

Dirty rotten barstewards

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Emailed sky tonight to cancel my tv package. It's 80 odd quid a month I'm paying. Too expensive
    I'd like to know if they reply to you ?? :) or whether you are expected to ring up to cancel?

Grand Master
    well i spoke to them tonight and couldn't get better than 50%. still cancelling.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    well i spoke to them tonight and couldn't get better than 50%. still cancelling.
    Do it
    See it through till the death

That's when they'll beg
    Then haggle the tits off em

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Do it

That's when they'll beg
    the mrs may have murdered me by then though!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    I'd like to know if they reply to you ?? :) or whether you are expected to ring up to cancel?
    I haven't heard anything from them yet

Master
    I reduced right down to freesat from sky and agreed line rental, broadband and sky+ (recording facility) for £22.40.

I then phoned them today about their upcoming line rental increase and straight away she said I can beat your current offer. I've just agreed line rental, broadband and original package for £18.03. I nearly fell off my seat and didn't believe her but it's true. I'm saving £33.46/month.

Master
    Here's my sky account. I think it works out at 75% off the Original package

Craftsman
    Do it

That's when they'll beg
    Let me tell her, pleeeaase!

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    the mrs may have murdered me by then though!

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    50% off offer come through on the sky services app.
    Which app is this? Is it their "My Sky" app?

I quit last week in the hope of being offered something and downloaded this app but can't find any offers. There's just a "My Offers" bit, which takes me through to the main Sky website and offers me their new mobile phone deals.

I've not had an email, call or message from them since I cancelled! What am I doing wrong?

It was sky services at the time though that does seem to have switched to my sky.

You didn't need to look for the offer it landed on it when you opened the app.

Sit tight, I'm sure you'll hear from them before your notice is up.

Journeyman
    Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal... I get the Variety pack with Sports & Cinema, all in HD for £46 per month.

I was getting ready for the usual fight with them in a couple of months when these offers end but then I got an email yesterday saying that all of my current offers have been extended for a further 18 months, I don't need to do anything and there's no new contract. This seems quite good!

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post

I quit last week in the hope of being offered something and downloaded this app but can't find any offers. There's just a "My Offers" bit, which takes me through to the main Sky website and offers me their new mobile phone deals.

I've not had an email, call or message from them since I cancelled! What am I doing wrong?
    What contact preferences have you set on your account? If you have ticked all the boxes for no contact, then they won't phone, mail or email you.

Had an email off sky yesterday telling me that my phone and broadband is going up £4 a month.
    It's a joke

Phoned up and cancelled all my sky TV and phone
    Tried to get 50% discount but she said no and I'll be sky free in march. Gonna miss it TBH
    ANDY

Tried to get 50% discount but she said no and I'll be sky free in march. Gonna miss it TBH
    ANDY

Just sit back and wait for them to beg you Andy
    I pay £14-60 for all channels but movies
    Your new house will look cool with a new dish and box etc

- - - Updated - - -

Had an email off sky yesterday telling me that my phone and broadband is going up £4 a month.
    It's a joke
    If you are phone only they don't put it up I think

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post

You're doing nothing arintheyll call you at about a day or so to go

You're doing nothing arintheyll call you at about a day or so to go
    I'll hold out then mate. I'm at home all night if your about

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    What contact preferences have you set on your account? If you have ticked all the boxes for no contact, then they won't phone, mail or email you.

Just check. They're entitled to contact me via all three methods!

Odd.

Maybe it'll come, maybe it won't. I'm easy either way.

Grand Master
    well i've just accepted 60% off for 12 months plus £100 cashback, bill now £15 a month and am just deciding if i should add sky sports for £11 a month.....holding out really does work! interestingly this offer wasn't on the website when i logged it, it came via "services" on the set top box. the website was still only showing 50%.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    ANDY
    I cancelled mine a few months ago and I don't miss it one bit I much prefer Netflix I don't even miss recording programmes.

Craftsman
    I had 3days left before it ended and got 60% off for 12months on the sky service's button today. Waiting it out really does work.

Craftsman
    Called to cancel and got 40% TV discount plus fiver off broadband. Sounds like some are getting better offers and some aren't getting any, has halved our bill so that'll do!

I left in december. Was offered £25 a month for 10 months and full rate for the next two months (just over £80 pm). Not really missed it. Enough programmes on tv and amazon prime to fill up my tv viewing time

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries
    The wife has just been onto SKY , told them a Virgin rep had been at the door and can offer better deal, so would like to cancel , SKY have reduced our bill from £84.00 to £56.00 for the next 12 months ! well worth the call !

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    I left in december. Was offered £25 a month for 10 months and full rate for the next two months (just over £80 pm). Not really missed it. Enough programmes on tv and amazon prime to fill up my tv viewing time

I've had sky - when I visit my dad's house, I put his own and generally spend longer flicking through channels to find something to watch rather than actually watching something.

I've just gone back to Sky after a couple of years with Virgin, only because I got all the packages and a Q box for £35 per month fixed for 18 months. The fitter also had to put a new dish and 6 port LNB up as we have a few freesat tv's dotted around the house. Can't complain!

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I've just gone back to Sky after a couple of years with Virgin, only because I got all the packages and a Q box for £35 per month fixed for 18 months. The fitter also had to put a new dish and 6 port LNB up as we have a few freesat tv's dotted around the house. Can't complain!
    If that deal was to pop up again after march then i would rejoin, in my partners name ;)

It wasn't an advertised deal, I was given a code to use and just ordered through Skys normal 0800 151 2747 join number, quoting the code.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    Did one better, sold my TV and cancelled Sky!
    I am ashamed not! Bought a new TV last week! Truth be told, without Sky for > 1 yr miss the Food Network and the Discovery, NG channels!

I'm currently playing the who's gonna blink first game...

I binned Sky a couple of years ago for BT YouView. Freeview plus catch-up, with the odd bit of on-demand content does me nicely at a fraction of the price. And I much prefer the YouView interface. An easy decision if, like me, you have no interest in sport.

My contract is up in a couple of days. I fancy upgrading to Sky Q but at the moment they're telling me it will cost me an extra £12 a month on a new contract, plus I'll have to pay for the equipment and installation. Looks like retentions will be getting a call on Wednesday. Currently I have Cinema, Sports and multiscreen. Anyone know what deal I can expect when upgrading to Q?

Master
    Just come to end of my 4th year of 50% off so rang up on Saturday to cancel.Normally have to cancel and wait for offer but this time without any effort 50% off Sky Sports with Variety on 18 month contract.Didn't want Sky Q and no issues keeping Sky Plus box that they gave me free last year.Never had such an easy deal from Sky but maybe they know I will never pay full price.Just to add that's 50% off for the full 18 months as sometimes they blag you with 50% off for 10 months and put you on a 12 month contract.

My contact came to an end this month. So began the dance of threatening to cancel, etc...

Without much effort effort (via online chat only) I was offered 50% off any package for 18 months. But I wanted Sky Q, and despite going back and forth all they would offer me is £100 installation fee for a 2tb box, a mini box (multi-screen) and 10% off any package. Simply not good enough. I cancelled on the end.

Knowing what a friend achieved under a new contract recently I wanted better.

Like my friend I contacted Sky via online chat. I posed as SWMBO. As a new customer I was offered and agreed to a £60 installation fee and £55 a month for 18 months. This includes their top of the line 2tb box, a mini box for multi-screen which is needed for their 4k service, movies and sport.

That's the annual battle with Sky out of the way. Now to get rid of that Qashqai from the front of my house and I'll have nothing to be upset about! 😂

Master
    Just came to the end of my, must be 4th at least, 50% off deal. Been offered 40% on an 18 month term, told them not good enough so cancel. Will check my Sky account to see if any better deals are offered, if not then can go. End of the footy season soon anyway so I won't be watching a lot over the summer.

I've just gone from sky hd to sky q
    Got the full package 2 extra q boxes unlimited fibre for £72 a month

Journeyman
    I've just gone from sky hd to sky q
    Got the full package 2 extra q boxes unlimited fibre for £72 a month
    Including sports and movies?

Quote Originally Posted by IMMY77 View Post
    Including sports and movies?
    Yeah. Everything and £20 off my 1st months bill. I did have to pay £169 up front though Cus it's for my new house so no phone line or dish fitting it all end of may when we hope to move in

£169 up front and £864 a year?

ĦAy caramba!

Journeyman
    Yeah. Everything and £20 off my 1st months bill. I did have to pay £169 up front though Cus it's for my new house so no phone line or dish fitting it all end of may when we hope to move in
    That's a good deal, I got £67 last month for multi room, fibre unlimited and sports hd and movies, but kept existing hd boxes.

Just came to the end of my one year negotiated deal and rang them up. I was offered 50% off for the next year. It didnt quite work out that way with the maths, the reduction was from £92 a month down to £55 a month for the next year. As I have been paying £52 a year for the last year a £3 a month rise was acceptable.

Funny how Sky seem to have the same pricing structure as Dominoes Pizza. They must hope that the odd idiot pays full price without questioning it.

It's that time of year again for me also!

When I phoned Sky last week to cancel I was immediately offered an 18 months contract at a discount of 50%.

However, the discount was not in fact 50% because they were not willing to discount sky sports HD or multi-room. Therefore our monthly cost would have reduced from £92 to £55 per month.

I said this was too much and confirmed I wish to cancel and the next day a "come back to sky" offer at 50% off for 12 months (although not discounting sky sports HD or multi-room) popped up in our mysky account.

It's now day five since I cancelled and I have just checked in the services section of the sky menu, and there is now a 60% discount being offered for 12 months.

I think I'll be inclined to take the latest deal although still three weeks to go until cut-off!

Quote Originally Posted by Warr3n View Post
    It's that time of year again for me also!

When I phoned Sky last week to cancel I was immediately offered an 18 months contract at a discount of 50%.

However, the discount was not in fact 50% because they were not willing to discount sky sports HD or multi-room. Therefore our monthly cost would have reduced from £92 to £55 per month.

I said this was too much and confirmed I wish to cancel and the next day a "come back to sky" offer at 50% off for 12 months (although not discounting sky sports HD or multi-room) popped up in our mysky account.

It's now day five since I cancelled and I have just checked in the services section of the sky menu, and there is now a 60% discount being offered for 12 months.

I think I'll be inclined to take the latest deal although still three weeks to go until cut-off!

Just hold out until you get the phone calls
    They're pretty friendly

Always a better deal to be had

What's the worst that can happen? You use the offervthe day before?

I let mine go properly off
    Then they really DO pull out the stops to get you back

I never had any phone calls . In fact i was not contacted apart from the generic email offers