closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Headphone Options For TV

Headphone Options For TV

So my son is getting a TV in his room for Christmas and I want him to use headphones to listen when he has it on at night. I guess there are two avenues open, wired with a long cable or Bluetooth. Most TV's do not have Bluetooth which means a dongle to USB I assume in the side of the set. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    So my son is getting a TV in his room for Christmas and I want him to use headphones to listen when he has it on at night. I guess there are two avenues open, wired with a long cable or Bluetooth. Most TV's do not have Bluetooth which means a dongle to USB I assume in the side of the set. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,
    I highly recommend the Sennheiser RS range. I've had a pair of RS180's for a few years now and they are excellent. Amazon have the RS160's for £99.99. They are closed backed opposed to the open 180's but I have read equally good reviews about them. They use Sennheiser's Kleer Technology which in my opinion is a lot better than Bluetooth. Also, no need for a dongle, just plug the transmitter into the headphone jack. The 160's have a portable transmitter which is battery as well as main powered.

There is a newer range but I would save a bit of money and go for the previous version.

This sounds very interesting. Firstly I assume the TV will have a headphone jack, honestly have not looked and secondly, do your ears get hot wearing them for long periods?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    I highly recommend the Sennheiser RS range. I've had a pair of RS180's for a few years now and they are excellent. Amazon have the RS160's for £99.99. They are closed backed opposed to the open 180's but I have read equally good reviews about them. They use Sennheiser's Kleer Technology which in my opinion is a lot better than Bluetooth. Also, no need for a dongle, just plug the transmitter into the headphone jack. The 160's have a portable transmitter which is battery as well as main powered.

There is a newer range but I would save a bit of money and go for the previous version.

I use a pair of wireless Sennheiser's and they have been faultless for the last 12 months.

Sennheiser wireless as mentioned... they work well and sound decent.

Craftsman
    For late night viewing (or music listening) when the wife is in bed (bedroom above the lounge) I just use wired headphones, normally Sennheiser HD595. The cable is long enough for my average sitting position, but I also have an extension cable if I need it (which can be had very cheap).

I have never heard a wireless set of headphones that sound as good as a wired pair in the same price range, and with wired I never need to worry about charging them.

This sounds very interesting. Firstly I assume the TV will have a headphone jack, honestly have not looked and secondly, do your ears get hot wearing them for long periods?

Thanks,
    No problem. Most TVs will have a headphone jack but check just to make sure. The RS180s are open backed so allow some ventilation. They are very comfortable and I've had no problem using them for a length of time. This weekend I watched UFC 194 wearing them (from 1am to 6am!!).

I assume the RS160s wouldn't have the same ventilation but I'm sure they are very comfortable.

Thanks,
    AKG make epically good headphones, these are on Amazon and are amazingly good value:-
    AKG Y45BT
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IN0LK7..._raBCwbRC3MZNF

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    No problem. Most TVs will have a headphone jack but check just to make sure.
    Slightly off topic but a problem with many TVs is that the headphone jack is around the back and involves fiddling around (or is impossible to use if TV affixed to the wall).

Unfortunately the sound to main speaker is cut if even an unused extension lead is attached so no easy way around this. Anyone have a solution?