closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The blue hands of the PRS-36

The blue hands of the PRS-36

I can feel a longstanding admiration of this watch thinking about turning itself into a desire to buy. A couple of things just chewing on. The first was the dial texture - in some photos the brushing looks a bit bleak, but on one thread I read that the photos never capture the true nature of the dial. I forget the adjective used, but it was something in the general region of shiny / sparkling / shimmering. So that's good. Just bought one watch with a subdued vertically-brushed face, and that's enough for me.

Something else I can't work out from the photos is how blue the hands are. Tbh, I would be quite happy if they weren't blue at all. A watch this shiny I would want to put on quite a strap that was a rich brown at the very least, if not burgundy / oxblood. If the blue is quite strong then that might clash. In some photos the blue is scarcely perceptible; in others it's pretty strong. So I'm wondering if enthusiastic owners were deliberately creating and/or selecting photos that drew the intensity of the colour as much as possible?

Short version: are they really that blue?

A variety of shades of blue visible in this post: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=1#post3330571

It depends on the lighting, ranging from a very dark blue indoors to a more vibrant hue in daylight. I think that it looks great on a brown strap.

fantastic looking watch, just can't take it seriously though with the 'manboobs' looking logo
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    fantastic looking watch, just can't take it seriously though with the 'manboobs' looking logo
    I like to think that whoever designed the original Smiths Deluxe logo did it deliberately, perhaps for a bet, and managed to sneak it past the directors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I like to think that whoever designed the original Smiths Deluxe logo did it deliberately, perhaps for a bet, and managed to sneak it past the directors.
    And yet, once you've seen it, you can't unsee it

M.

There's no other current Timefactors watch which I'm likely to buy instead so if you keep mentioning the logo's ambiguity you'll save me lots of money

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    There's no other current Timefactors watch which I'm likely to buy instead so if you keep mentioning the logo's ambiguity you'll save me lots of money
    It reminds me of the freshly oiled upper torso of Charles Atlas , or of the guy striking the Rank Organisation gong .
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Looks like a duck staring straight ahead

It reminds me of the freshly oiled upper torso of Charles Atlas , or of the guy striking the Rank Organisation gong .
    I tend to think more of the St Pauli Girl, or maybe the St Pauli Girl in my dreams.

OP, the hands are quite blue. But I love blued hands so this totally works for me. In fact, my only criticism of the watch is that they cheaped out on faux blued hands. I would have happily paid more for real heat-blued hands.

These watches are an amazing value. I recommend you pick one up.

Best,

Myron

Thanks for this Myron. I'm a bit undecided still about the hands, so I'll leave off thinking about it until after Christmas and then prod my appetite. I can see why the hands are blue, what with making them visible against the steel background. The rest of the watch... oh yeah :)

I appreciate that our language is constantly evolving, but I fail completely to see,,,,,,,,