closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Brad Pitt £5m watch

Brad Pitt £5m watch

Seen several pieces online this morning about Brad Pitt buying a watch at auction in Geneva yesterday for £5 million. All seem to come from the same source which explains why none of them bother to offer any piffling details - like what the watch is for example. Anyone know?

Journeyman
    To go with his $3m Patek Phillipe. can't be bad.

Journeyman
    It looks like its another Patek Phillipe, this one from the Only Watch auction.

http://www.sintillate.co.uk/news/bra...%C2%A35m-watch

Could it be this one? http://www.onlywatch.com/collection/...__5016a_010-43
    Last edited by sco77w; 8th December 2015 at 16:30.

Grand Master
    A HUGE amount for many.

But it's all relative.

Only a small amount to him.......probably.

Banned
    If At first You Don't Succeed Redefine Success !
    Who would buy a Patek Phillipe in Stainless steel and not in 18kt Gold ??? Everyone makes a watch in Stainless steel.......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronographic View Post
    Who would buy a Patek Phillipe in Stainless steel and not in 18kt Gold ??? Everyone makes a watch in Stainless steel.......
    But the rare Pateks are the ones in stainless steel, everyone orders them in precious metal.....

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronographic View Post

Maybe Brad Pitt would!.

AND because he can.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Gotta admit, it's a pretty nice looking watch.

Comparatively (by estimates) it's about 2% of his net worth. Would you spend 2% of your net worth on a watch? I'd argue there's people here who would

I wouldn't say no - totally stunning watch and looks better in SS than most of the gold models do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Seen several pieces online this morning about Brad Pitt buying a watch at auction in Geneva yesterday for £5 million. All seem to come from the same source which explains why none of them bother to offer any piffling details - like what the watch is for example. Anyone know?
    I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you

Master
    Blog Entries
    I guess it was a safe choice. I would have opted for this H.Moser instead if we're talking Onlywatch.
    Quite nice one.
    http://www.onlywatch.com/collection/...ly_watch-1.sls

Interesting info, thank you for sharing!

Interesting that he is interested in watches and willing to pay that amount on one. Should be a significant amount even for him.

Quote Originally Posted by markosgr28 View Post
    Interesting info, thank you for sharing!

Interesting that he is interested in watches and willing to pay that amount on one. Should be a significant amount even for him.
    I am not that sure.

According to some celebrity websites, dated this year, he is worth approx $240 million and his better half is worth $145 million.

Incidentally, there is often a debate on which metal makes the best sound for the chimes of a minute repeater. And I believe that S/S is one that is favoured above other precious metal watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    I am not that sure.

According to some celebrity websites, dated this year, he is worth approx $240 million and his better half is worth $145 million.

Incidentally, there is often a debate on which metal makes the best sound for the chimes of a minute repeater. And I believe that S/S is one that is favoured above other precious metal watches.
    Accidentally I deleted my last comment. Stupid touch screens....

Thank you for your reply and I totally agree with your comment.

Regarding the amount, this is 2% of his total belongings (or 1.2% adding the better half, not sure that she agrees with this expense :p). This is still a significant amount for my conservative way of thinking. But then again he probably sees it as an investment and a way to promote himself.

The thing about celebrities is that despite having all the money they get stuff thrown at them for free, so that their cachet rubs off on them.

So I wouldn't be surprised if something like this is happening: the buyer of this already-unique watch has an agreement with BP that he'll "own" it for x number of years. After that he'll "sell" it back to the owner for an already preagreed price that guarantees him a profit of a seven figure sum. The person who originally bought it is hoping that paying for BP's association with the watch will prove to be a worthwhile investment.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    The thing about celebrities is that despite having all the money they get stuff thrown at them for free, so that their cachet rubs off on them.

So I wouldn't be surprised if something like this is happening: the buyer of this already-unique watch has an agreement with BP that he'll "own" it for x number of years. After that he'll "sell" it back to the owner for an already preagreed price that guarantees him a profit of a seven figure sum. The person who originally bought it is hoping that paying for BP's association with the watch will prove to be a worthwhile investment.
    Well, you never really own a PP anyway...