closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Don't Upset the Lorry Driver

Don't Upset the Lorry Driver

This would put the wind up you, ok driving in the middle lane is a bit off but driving your 18 wheeler into the offending vehicle is not right

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-34933345

Oh and the coppers weren't exactly quick off the mark either

Master
    A thread elsewhere turned up the fact that the car driver sells dash cams and has his own YouTube channel, also being an ex special constable I'd expect a better standard of driving.

So I have to wonder if anything was done to provoke the lorry driver?

'Special Constable'.

This fella?

http://www.mattstockdale.com/

Although not right it looks like the lorry was fed up with lane hogging and ment to 'squeeze' the driver over - plenty of room on the inside for car to move into. He must have known what was happening, impatient driver behind and then truck in the third lane

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    A thread elsewhere turned up the fact that the car driver sells dash cams and has his own YouTube channel, also being an ex special constable I'd expect a better standard of driving.

So I have to wonder if anything was done to provoke the lorry driver?
    Fair point, no doubt some very good advertising for his business but regardless the lorry driver whatever the level of provocation shouldn't have taken the action he did

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    'Special Constable'.

This fella?

http://www.mattstockdale.com/
    Yep over 7 years

Here's his dash cam site http://www.policewitness.com

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post
    Fair point, no doubt some very good advertising for his business but regardless the lorry driver whatever the level of provocation shouldn't have taken the action he did
    100% agree, just saying I think there's more to this than meets the eye.

Lorry driver has absolutely no excuses, but the car driver is a total numpty and had he driven accordingly to the highway code (which as a former Police Officer he should know inside out) he should never have been in the position he put himself into. Two wrongs don't make a right. Both these morons need a driving license re-test.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Lorry driver has absolutely no excuses, but the car driver is a total numpty and had he driven accordingly to the highway code (which as a former Police Officer he should know inside out) he should never have been in the position he put himself into. Two wrongs don't make a right. Both these morons need a driving license re-test.
    amen.

Don't Upset the Lorry Driver

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    "Special Constable" and wannabe commissioner.

The truck drivers actions are inexcusable, but I agree the confrontation was probably avoidable.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...dalem&src=typd
    Last edited by stooo; 2nd December 2015 at 17:17.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Blog Entries
    There does seem to be more than meets the eye in this case, as the "victim" has a lot to gain from the publicity from what I can understand.

However what struck me immediately was why the lorry driver didn't undertake?

OK I know that that is not correct either but say, given the options for the lorry driver; a) undertake the offending vehicle or b) overtake using the fast/3rd lane and then bump the offending vehicle into the slow lane, I know I would have taken the first option every time. The lorry driver's chosen course of action was not only OTT but could have ended in tragedy.

The car driver's an idiot regardless. ;-)

Master
    Absolutely hate middle lane hoggers - why on earth do people do it? Pure lazyness surely...

A few times Ive wanted to smash them off the road (obviously never have)...

Mr Stockdale, who runs a dashcam company, followed the lorry to a depot in Dunstable where an ambulance took him to hospital with neck and shoulder pain.

What a c*nt. He deliberately refuses to move his vehicle into the inside lane despite it being empty, antagonises other road users, uploads his footage to generate Dashcam sales via his online business and wastes NHS resources with 'neck and shoulder pain'.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    However what struck me immediately was why the lorry driver didn't undertake?
    Why not just say "overtake on the left"? It's still overtaking isn't it? I appreciate that a few extra keystrokes is an awful faff in the txtspk age but one must maintain standards, n'est-ce pas?

"Undertaking" refers to the assuming of responsibility for a (typically onerous or unpleasant) task. Or working in the funeral trade. As an irritating modern corruption of the language, I rate this one on a par with some young wag saying to a barman "can I get a beer?"

;)

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Why not just say "overtake on the left"? It's still overtaking isn't it? I appreciate that a few extra keystrokes is an awful faff in the txtspk age but one must maintain standards, n'est-ce pas?

"Undertaking" refers to the assuming of responsibility for a (typically onerous or unpleasant) task. Or working in the funeral trade. As an irritating modern corruption of the language, I rate this one on a par with some young wag saying to a barman "can I get a beer?"

;)

Adrian
    Thanks for your contribution

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post
    Thanks for your contribution
    Your gratitude is appreciated but was unnecessary. After all this is a "discussion forum", isn't it?

Of course I could have just said that the lorry driver was criminally irresponsible and the car driver is an opportunistic knob, but the wonderful thing about human interaction is the element of unpredictability, surely?

Master
    I doubt he could have undertaken him as the guy in the car had positioned himelf so there wasnt enough room to get the trailer into the available space so the wagon would have had to slow down and stay behind him. They are both at fault but the guy in the car should be spoken to about driving in the middle lane clearly at a speed under 56 when the inside lane is clear. He was clearly antaganising the driver to get back infront of him then block him again.

In the heat of the moment anything can happen and i'm sure the wagon driver is sorry, the last thing you need is an idiot antaganising you after a long day and he might have just had enough.

Grand Master
    I note that the car driver has been described as a c*nt, numpty, tw*t, idiot, knob, etc but the response to the truck driver's actions borders on sympathy. I know it's a TZ-UK characteristic to justify the most egregious of physical actions, including (as in this example) vehicular assault, so I wonder when we'll have the first TZ-UK-approved road-rage death?

As for middle-lane hogging - it's standard practice now across the country, as the standard of driving is so low. Why single him out? Do you lot go ramming every middle-lade hogger you see off the road in your Audis and BMWs?
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Why single him out?
    Dash cam salesman's 50mph middle lane hogging motorway road trip strikes marketing gold. I can't imagine why that would raise any eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    Dash cam salesman's heavily edited one sided video of an inexplicable 50mph middle lane hogging motorway road trip at 50 mph in the middle lane, with hazards on strikes marketing gold. I can't imagine why that would raise any eyebrows.
    There. A little better.

The bit that stands out for me is he thought he was going to die and saw his life flash before his eyes....but he continued his slow motion duel with the lorry driver for miles.

Over 14 minutes he was overtaken, bashed, overtook the lorry again, was passed again and bashed...all while his third eye was winking like a good'un and he needed hospital treatment.

Seems legit to me.

Unforgivable from the lorry driver but wow this bloke must have thought Christmas and birthday had come together.

Is there any footage of who ACTUALLY hit who, It would seem to me looking at damage it would have been just as easy for car to broadside! (Read) Touch wagon. And in any case anyone driving who cannot avoid being nudged when there is an empty lane at the side of him questions his road safety, To me he sounds a perfect example of a hobby Bobby, The polices lack of emergency says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman307 View Post
    The polices lack of emergency says a lot.
    Arf.

'Hello Emergency Services, what service do you require'

'ALL OF THEM'

'Which primary service do you need'

'POLICE, CAMERA, ACTION'

'Matt?'

'MR COMISSIONER CANDIDATE TO YOU SONNY'

'OK, Whats *cough* happened?'

'Blah blah blah truck crash, kill, stab, blah blah'.

'OK, we'll get someone riiiiiiiiight over....... Matt.'

-- Dial tone --

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    Dash cam salesman's 50mph middle lane hogging motorway road trip strikes marketing gold. I can't imagine why that would raise any eyebrows.
    Good reason to try to kill him with your HGV, then! I am surrounded by utterly sh!t driving whenever I am back in the UK, yet I don't ram every single lane-hogger. I'd have to drive into everyone else on the motorway in order to achieve that.

Wonder what the TZ-UK massive's response to this will be:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-UK-first.html

Don't tell me. "Aww, the lad" ?

I note that the car driver has been described as a c*nt, numpty, tw*t, idiot, knob, etc but the response to the truck driver's actions borders on sympathy. I know it's a TZ-UK characteristic to justify the most egregious of physical actions, including (as in this example) vehicular assault, so I wonder when we'll have the first TZ-UK-approved road-rage death?

As for middle-lane hogging - it's standard practice now across the country, as the standard of driving is so low. Why single him out? Do you lot go ramming every middle-lade hogger you see off the road in your Audis and BMWs?
    Road-frogger apologist.

(Actually I'll keep it, funny auto correct)
    Last edited by Kirk280; 3rd December 2015 at 23:18. Reason: Frogger

Grand Master
    Welcome to MY world.

I live with these idiot car drivers hogging the middle lane all day looooooong.

MOVE OVER,I DO AFTER OVERTAKING,SO YOU DO THE SAME PLEASE.

Craftsman
    If this chap wants to drive on the motorway at a speed below that of the general traffic and particularly that of LGVs, then he should be in a suitably marked vehicle with roof beacons switched on.

jim

Master
    Lorry drivers? Kings of the road.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Road-frogger apologist.
    But I see this sort of behaviour ribbited all over the country and no-one ever does anything about it!

But I see this sort of behaviour ribbited all over the country and no-one ever does anything about it!
    Exactly. Pond life behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Arf.

'Hello Emergency Services, what service do you require'

'ALL OF THEM'

'Which primary service do you need'

'POLICE, CAMERA, ACTION'

'Matt?'

'MR COMISSIONER CANDIDATE TO YOU SONNY'

'OK, Whats *cough* happened?'

'Blah blah blah truck crash, kill, stab, blah blah'.

'OK, we'll get someone riiiiiiiiight over....... Matt.'

-- Dial tone --
    Do you know who I am ?? Switchboard -- No sir who are you, Driver -- Pickering ! Ronnie Pickering!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Lorry drivers? Kings of the road.

EVERYTHING we ALL buy is delivered by a wagon......if you don't like wagons on the road,go to the docks and collect all your own goods......you will very soon get pissed off doing that!,and so until that time comes I and all the other hgv drivers will deliver it for you,but sometimes we get held up behind knobs in the middle lane.....sorry for the inconvenience of a late delivery,but I'm sure you will understand.

We also like to get home after a 12 hour shift.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 4th December 2015 at 23:10.

Master
    If bored I usually lap them a few times. Overtake, move into inside lane, let them pass, overtake and repeat. After a couple of times they usually realise what you are doing and pull over. If they don't, not only are they bad drivers but inattentive as well so best avoided at all costs.