closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A difficult to resist Sinn

Master

A difficult to resist Sinn

It's fair to say that quite a few Sinn watches have passed through my hands over the years. This is only the fourth one that I have decided to keep, to go along with my other three which are an EZM1, EZM4 and a 156. The Sinners amongst us will know the models that I am referring to. For non Sinners, lets just say they are nice watches. This one is the limited edition 103 A Sa Blue, now sold out at Sinn as they only made 500 of them. And yes, I am also a bit of a sucker for blue dial watches, even though most of my watches are black dial.

Master
    Excellent choice.

Its the sub dial colour that does it for me and I should have pulled my finger out and ordered one.

Can't wait to unwrap mine on Christmas day!

Yes, that's stunning. It's unfortunate that I now prefer a chrono with just two subdials, at 9 and 3 or at 12 and 6.

Stunning! Congrats.

Master
    I do wish people would stop posting pictures of desirable watches! ;-) I must resist!

I'm trying to save for a Monaco and this flagrant displaying of sexy looking watches doesn't help ;-)

Seriously that's one nice looking watch :-)

That is very nice indeed. I too have a thing for Sinn, their destro watches in particular, but have yet to get anything colourful. I see that Sinn list the EZM 4 as the Achilles. Do you how it got that name, please? All I can find (link) is:

"The Sinn EZM4 "Achilles" was designed for doctors, paramedics, and firefighters who would need a well performing watch in conditions that might otherwise destroy or inhibit the function of "other watches." Even if you are a doctor that works in a relatively excitement-free zone, you can still communicate to your patients that you are ready for front-line medic duty should the need occur."

Looks like a great watch to have!

Master
    I was looking at a green sinn which I liked in another thread . this blue one also looks good.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    That is very nice indeed. I too have a thing for Sinn, their destro watches in particular, but have yet to get anything colourful. I see that Sinn list the EZM 4 as the Achilles. Do you how it got that name, please? All I can find (link) is:
    I dont know why its called Achilles, I do love it though

Master

Talking

Thanks for the comments - sorry to upset those with itching fingers :)

I found these in my photobucket of the other three I mentioned

Sinn EZM 1

Sinn EZM 4

Sinn 156

Family photo

Master
    That is a lovely version of the 103.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    "The Sinn EZM4 "Achilles" was designed for doctors, paramedics, and firefighters who would need a well performing watch in conditions that might otherwise destroy or inhibit the function of "other watches." Even if you are a doctor that works in a relatively excitement-free zone, you can still communicate to your patients that you are ready for front-line medic duty should the need occur."

Quote Originally Posted by clockwatcher View Post
    I dont know why its called Achilles, I do love it though
    It was named after Ernst Achilles, the Frankfurt (Sinn's home town) Fire Chief for 23 years.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Achilles
    Last edited by andy111s; 1st December 2015 at 10:59.

Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    That is a lovely version of the 103.

This.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy111s View Post
    It was named after Ernst Achilles, the Frankfurt (Sinn's home town) Fire Chief for 23 years.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Achilles
    Thanks for that.

I was aware of the Sinn 809 Feuerwehr but, until now, hadn't realised that the EZM4 and EZM7 are firefighters' watches. Are there others that anyone knows of, please?

Master
    Here's mine. One of the very few watches I bought new. But doesn't matter as it's a keeper and going nowhere! Jura offer this on 0% 12 months. Which is £155 upfront, and then £116 monthly. Quick, as there are only 500 made so stock is limited.

Mine is on a notched 22mm chronissimo strap to for the 20mm lugs. Just to give it that extra beefiness at the lugs

Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    Here's mine. One of the very few watches I bought new. But doesn't matter as it's a keeper and going nowhere! Jura offer this on 0% 12 months. Which is £155 upfront, and then £116 monthly. Quick, as there are only 500 made so stock is limited.
    That is a cracking watch and a tempting deal, I will probably wait until the new year but that will be noted. i really fancy a Sinn 144 St Sa, which they also have for similar money, and I suspect terms.