closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apologies to those I scoffed at

Apologies to those I scoffed at

I remember recent discussions on the BLNR and Blue DSSD.
    I was rather dismissive of the observations that these were very hard to come by at ADs.
    Well,I was at the at Tourneau today and the lady who sold
    Me the Blue DSSD told
    Me they had only one in their 40 stores across USA and that she could easily sell 10 right away if she could lay her hands on them and said the BLNR was also very hard to come by.
    Right in front of me someone came looking for a BLNRand she took their name down and said she didn't expectany till the new year. So, it's not a bluff.
    Surprising!
    Anyway,apologies to those I Doubted.

Journeyman
    Good boy. I forgive you.

Now apologize to everyone you have "scoffed" at in the past

Nice to see that you are making an effort - well done.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 25th November 2015 at 11:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohta View Post
    Good boy. I forgive you.

I scoff at you for saying that.
    I apologise for my factual errors, not my opininos :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohta View Post
    Good boy. I forgive you.

Heeey, the racist troll is back. Great.

Master
    And I could have had my pick of two deepsea blue's in Bridgetown (one in their shop in town, the other at their cruise port shop) last December and at around £750 cheaper than the UK price . . . . . . . . and I hesitated!! My mistake as I really like them. Bet they don't have any now.

Devonian,
    I still feel it should ease up.
    I just don't feel it serves any purpose for Rolex to deny the potential customers. The demand is there but Indont believe it is overwhelming. And, who knows how long it is going to last. Unless,Rolex wants to create another mythical Daytona by choking supplies.

yeah agreed , I had a chance to buy one early on at a few hundred quid under list and now theres a 5-10 name waiting list for em

same was said for the blnr but that's easing up a little as I have seen a couple lately .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Devonian,
    I still feel it should ease up.
    I just don't feel it serves any purpose for Rolex to deny the potential customers. The demand is there but Indont believe it is overwhelming. And, who knows how long it is going to last. Unless,Rolex wants to create another mythical Daytona by choking supplies.
    I agree with you.

Another explanation could be that £8,250 is still expensive for a SS watch for many so it's possible that last year the reason I saw two (and in local AD's in the UK) were sales weren't good so Rolex slowed supply down a tad, which often increases demand by human nature. 12 months on a now they are hard to find!

Have the turned a potentially slow mover into this years must have but can't get hold of?

Most of the big grey dealers now have them, but they are adding on one hell of a premium. Prices range from £8.8k to £9.5k, which is crazy money.

This is not a limited edition watch. I was offered one by an AD at RRP, 20% deposit and delivery within 12 weeks.

I would advise anyone wanting one to go to their AD and offer to pay a deposit and wait.

SS Daytona syndrome indeed !!!

Journeyman
    Have one on reserve now in stock. When D-Blue first came out the AD dropped very broad hints (without saying outright for obvious reasons) that I could maybe pay a bit more to make sure I got his early stock allowance (something like one every two months issued to them and ten names on waiting list). At a Rolex evening a month ago he had the one I tried and reserved in stock.

I have bought three watches off them and got a discount on my Hulk sub as he could verify the deal with another AD down south that I had been offered. All of this was done as long as I accepted the invoice being made out at full price as they were terrified that Rolex would find out they gave discounts and would lose their franchise.

Very odd. WOS in Cardiff had BLNR for a while. Indeed when I bought my all black GMT they offered me one at list. They don't currently have one in stock but Crouch certainly did last week, in the window at list.