closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any stores worth a visit in Edinburgh?

Craftsman

Any stores worth a visit in Edinburgh?

I have a weekend planned for the 2nd week of January in Edinburgh and was wondering if there's any stores which are a "must" to visit when there? I've struggled locally (Belfast) to find many of the watches I'm interested in at an AD. Mainly this would be (but not limited to) Longines and Oris. Can anyone point out any stores which would be worth the look while I'm there? Especially anywhere that's likely to have a pre-owned stock?

Laing Jewellers 29 Frederick St, Edinburgh EH2 2ND

And for the bigger brands such as Patek Philippe, Rolex, Tudor and several others try Hamilton & Inches 87 George St

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Laing Jewellers 29 Frederick St, Edinburgh EH2 2ND

And for the bigger brands such as Patek Philippe, Rolex, Tudor and several others try Hamilton & Inches 87 George St

By the time of the visit Laings will have moved in to their new shop which is the old Barclays Bank building on the corner of George St.
    Also close by will be Rox and Fraser Hart both have Oris.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    By the time of the visit Laings will have moved in to their new shop which is the old Barclays Bank building on the corner of George St.
    Also close by will be Rox and Fraser Hart both have Oris.
    Was by there the other day, not sure Rox has Oris anymore I remember thinking I couldn't see any sign of them, they have a list on the window of brands stocked and they weren't listed on that either, but I never went in. They did used to have them, I tried one on a wee while ago.

Someone mentioned the pawn shop at the bottom of Frederick Street has some nice Speedys in at the moment.

Craftsman
    Thanks guys. There are a few in the Oris range I'd like to get a look at in the flesh. On;y stockist I found in Belfast was a Goldsmiths but the stock was very limited.

I'm not really intending buying at the time but as there may be a sale in January and it's a week before my birthday, you never know.....

Master
    There's a good Greggs if you fancy a pasty. And a cracking Poundland too.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fraser Hart have a decent selection of Oris and also stock Tudor. As mentioned, Laing should be in their new shop by then.

Hamilton and Inches stock a small range of PP, Tudor, Omega, though I don't deal with them due to a less than stellar customer experience when I was looking to commission an engagement ring from them. The same old story of judging customers by their appearance.

Laing has a small selection of pre-owned watches and as mentioned Duncanson & Edwards pawn shop has a substantial stock - mainly Omega, Rolex, Breitling, Tag but a few more unusual things occasionally. They had an Omega JFK Limited Edition there last time I looked.