closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nigel O'Hara - Under administration

Nigel O'Hara - Under administration

http://www.portadowntimes.co.uk/news...rade-1-7061766

Eh.... right....

The company also has an online market but that, too, has suffered from the economic downturn and fierce opposition from multinationals.
    I think there's a few disgruntled members on here who'd disagree with that statement!!

80% closing down sale... but their website is down not that I'd recommend it anyway. Most of the stuff isn't in stock. The way that online business was managed was a disgrace.
    Last edited by JohnnyE; 5th January 2016 at 15:43.

Blog Entries
    Well well!

Good, awful company.

Master
    Thank god for traffic wardens I wonder how many who buy in the sale will receive their goods.
    paul.

I might call in tomorrow... just in case there's any Seikos going for a song... but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    I might call in tomorrow... just in case there's any Seikos going for a song... but I doubt it.
    If you do, would you mind posting a reply if there's anything worthwhile?

Thanks

Karma's a bitch, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    If you do, would you mind posting a reply if there's anything worthwhile?

Thanks
    No problem Dave. Will do.

And be sure to send them TZ-UK's compliments.

Craftsman
    A good internet presence and reputation could have saved them, see Iconic.

Sod em.

A crying shame.

My first watch purchase since childhood was made with them.

And a month later I asked for a refund, as it was clear I wasn't getting a watch.

Thumbs up

Not chirping up in their defence, but I don't cheer the demise of an independent retailer, employing people (nepotism aside) and contributing positively to a small provincial town.

On their online venture, I bought two watches from them. It took a full month to get a refund from them for one after it became clear that pigs were going to fly before I saw it but the other transaction was silky smooth, a watch ordered at a big discount came within a couple of days. Not that the good experience excuses the poor one, but NOH had its place if you were willing to dance to their tune. Unfortunately for them and the people willing to wait and play the long game, not enough folk wanted to dance to NOH's tune.

I'll file this one under "oh well".

Thank you sir!

Master
    I tried, without success, to buy a watch from them online a couple of years back. Took a month or so to get my money back.

Spoke to various members of their staff on the phone and got the clear impression that they just advertise everything as available - take peoples money - then start the slooow process of acknowledging that they don't actually have any in stock and we will refund you, eventually.

Good Bye, Good Riddance, Hope the owner(s) lost everything.

Master
    Eddie will be disappointed!

Great news.
    Last edited by -Ally-; 12th November 2015 at 16:56.

Is the spam email set to continue for all eternity though?

I'm still waiting for the free 'diamond' earrings I was meant to receive with a Seiko 3 years ago. Fortunately I didn't bother having my ears pierced.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    A crying shame.
    Isn't that the one with the bird with a c*ck?
    Last edited by Dave O'Sullivan; 12th November 2015 at 17:47. Reason: Swearing.

As NO'H had a bricks and mortar shop, they were useful as John Lewis would price match them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Never bought from them. Wanted a bulova accutron which they agreed a 'make best offer' on which generated a code to use for the discount. Problem was that the discount was for the difference between the offer and the sale price, but when you entered it it just gave a reduction off the rrp instead.
    Useless cockwombles at customer service we unable to sort it out and couldn't even do it by phone.
    Ever since they have been spamming me daily despite deregistering.

Read the other tales of woe on here afterwards and think i had a lucky escape.

Byeeeeee NO'H.

Craftsman

Nigel O'Hara - BYE THEN!

Seems I was lucky then. Bought once a Casio mtg from them for the best price around and had to return it heavy hearted as my aging eyes struggled to read the display (not their fault) got my refund without any problem.

There is quite a storm online - they've sent an email to all the people waiting on orders, telling them that they wont get their order, nor a refund. Instructions are to contact your back and try a charge back!!

Dear Customer,

Due to unforeseen circumstances the JRN Retail Group, trading as Nigel O’Hara, will not be able to fulfil your order or provide you directly with a refund.

Please do not panic, as you will be able to obtain a full refund via the method of payment used to complete your purchase on our website.

Simply contact the bank or credit card used for your purchase, then ask them to initiate a chargeback for the transaction.

This process will see the money returned to you in full.

We wish to sincerely apologise for the obvious inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer any further customer support or refund solutions.
    More here... https://www.aspokesmansaid.com/shopp...m-nigel-o-hara

Master
    After VS bought up this forum they closed because this was the only place they got free advertising

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jk103 View Post
    After VS bought up this forum they closed because this was the only place they got free advertising
    <chortle>

Blog Entries
    There is quite a storm online - they've sent an email to all the people waiting on orders, telling them that they wont get their order, nor a refund. Instructions are to contact your back and try a charge back!!
    Dear oh dear, this is somehow unsurprising.

As observed by Janesy and others above, a better online reputation might very well have saved them.

Apprentice
    Bought my misses a watch from here, was meant to come with a free pair of earrings, the earrings never arrived with the watch, many phone calls and about 9 weeks later we finally received them!...Vowed then never to use them again!

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Dear oh dear, this is somehow unsurprising.

As observed by Janesy and others above, a better online reputation might very well have saved them.
    When they started trying to menace website and forum owners into taking down negative reviews, that was a pretty good sign that the wheels had come off at NOH. If only they'd put the same effort into fixing their woeful customer service, they might still be thriving and sending threatening letters today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    When they started trying to menace website and forum owners into taking down negative reviews, that was a pretty good sign that the wheels had come off at NOH. If only they'd put the same effort into fixing their woeful customer service, they might still be thriving and sending threatening letters today.
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Exactly what they were told, but deaf ears and all that.

Called in yesterday, shelves are full of playstations, parrot mini drones and ar drones, bebops, jewellery and watches aren't that heavily discounted. UP TO 80% says the sign, they offered me a tenner off a PS4 and tried to sell me their Parrot items at full price. No sign of any interesting watches really. Local rumour has it he's lost the wife, cars, house and business and is expecting the grippers in this weekend.

He is known locally for womanising and generally being not the most trustworthy chap, it is awful for the staff he employed though. a lot of them have been there a long time and are now redundant in the mouth of christmas. 3rd small business to close in the town in 2 weeks I believe.

Well I am not surprised at that. Over 25 years ago he tried to pull a stunt on my parents and we never went back over the door as a result.

Journeyman
    God, that was a near miss! Just to add to the many tales of woe, a few months ago I saw they were selling an Accutron cheaper than anywhere else. With much trepidation I thought I might chance my arm but I emailed them beforehand asking if it was in stock. The next morning I got a non-committal reply and when I went onto their website a few minutes later I noticed they'd jacked the price up of just that watch by a ton or so. What a coincidence! Needless to say I declined to give them my custom.

Journeyman

Nigel O'Hara

A great shame that a another small business is lost and people will lose their jobs
    However, having dealt with them online and gone through many weeks of trying to get my money back, I am not surprised, their Customer service was appalling.

Master
    Thought something was amiss when I revisited the site recently looking for a good deal on a Victorinox Inox - they always seemed much cheaper there than anywhere else, but the site had very few watches and lots of other "stuff" for sale. Saved me a lot of hassle and disappointment.

Ant

O'Hara brought to court at last

http://www.portadowntimes.co.uk/news...rges-1-7074465

Quote Originally Posted by Portadown Times
    A company operating the online Nigel O’Hara jewellery business is facing 10 charges related to unfair trading.

The case against JRN Jewellers and its director Richard O’Hara (35) will be heard at Craigavon Magistrates’ Court on December 1.

Mr O’Hara and the company are charged with five counts of engaging in misleading commercial practice, three counts of engaging in unfair commercial practice, and two of knowingly/recklessly engaging in commercial practice..........
    This is just for a small amount of what they did wrong from 2013-2014. Judging by the reviews still flooding in online - alot of people have been robbed in the mouth of Christmas. This comment on a local facebook page got me most though... alleging that ripping you off face to face was STILL order of the day:

Quote Originally Posted by Facebook
    Anyone who bought diamond rings should have them checked by a reputable jeweller, as a friend bought a £2k ring only to find when a diamond came out , went to another jeweller and told it was glass, he did get a refund , so how many others are out there.
    Last edited by JohnnyE; 19th November 2015 at 15:50.

Blog Entries
    Seems that delayed refunds were the tip of the iceberg.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Seems that delayed refunds were the tip of the iceberg.
    Indeed.

I got the delayed refund run-around, luckily I had paid by Paypal so once the legally required time had elapsed I raised a case with Paypal, and received a refund the same day. I kind of got the idea they were used to it...

Well that glass diamond puts a different spin on things if true, pretty disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Well that glass diamond puts a different spin on things if true, pretty disgraceful.
    This appeared on the FB discussion today about it:

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Mullan - Facebook
    I bought my wedding rings from there and the day after our wedding there was fading in the white gold and after lifting a plastic chair it flaked to show a orange colour coming through. We brought them back to him and he said he could record them. I refused and asked for new rings. He refused and I brought them to another jewellers in town who tested them and found they were cheap gold coated with white gold. I confronted him with this evidence and after alot of fighting with him he replaced the rings and wanted the old ones back. He didn't get the rings back as they were In my wedding photos and the rings he gave us in place weren't much better.
    Conman in my opinion and karma always gets you in the end.
    There have been other stories, including the one from me, about my Mum's antique gold chain... but the newspaper has deleted them! I may end up in the forum of the banned yet!

Craftsman
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/bu...-34860590.html

I'm glad I had nothing to do with them!

"A man whose online business became the single biggest cause of complaints to Trading Standards has been fined £1,000."

A whole one thousand pounds - that will really teach him, won't it?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    "A man whose online business became the single biggest cause of complaints to Trading Standards has been fined £1,000."

A whole one thousand pounds - that will really teach him, won't it?!
    I appreciate there are often laws and financial considerations around imposed penalties/fines but this ^^^^^ all the time for me in all walks of court case. Grrrrr.

https://www.portadowntimes.co.uk/new...bust-1-8424770

Debts of 2 million quid, disqualification as company directors for the shysters.