closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhart Ocean 44 opinions

Steinhart Ocean 44 opinions

Hi all,

Looking for opinions on the Steinhart Ocean 44. I was about to pull the trigger on a GMT ocean 1 black but they are on back order now. My original pick was a Ocean one black which then changed to the GMT ocean 1. Is the Ocean 44 a different beast to the Ocean one 42mm?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sparrowcar View Post
    pull the trigger
    You're not on WUS now, you know!

Is the new 44 not a little too similar to the deep sea dweller? I know in this bracket they're all fairly similar!

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    You're not on WUS now, you know!
    Yes sir, I'm sorry sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    Is the new 44 not a little too similar to the deep sea dweller? I know in this bracket they're all fairly similar!
    You may have helped me with my decision as the deep sea dweller is huge in reality so maybe a 44mm watch is just too big for my wrists.

Master
    I have the ocean 44 auto and its a lovely watch. It isn't as deep as the deepsea and wears a lot smaller than it's size would suggest. The bezel is beautiful and I haven't seen anything like it on any other watch other than a Bremont Supermarine. The other thing is a I have never see another one out in the wild, so quite a rare spot compared the the other ocean models that are 42mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    I have the ocean 44 auto and its a lovely watch. It isn't as deep as the deepsea and wears a lot smaller than it's size would suggest. The bezel is beautiful and I haven't seen anything like it on any other watch other than a Bremont Supermarine. The other thing is a I have never see another one out in the wild, so quite a rare spot compared the the other ocean models that are 42mm.
    Thanks Cat7,
    Do you ever try any other straps other than the bracelet?

Master
    Yes sir, I'm sorry sir.
    Good lad :-)

(but seriously, us TZUK gentleman just dont do all that WUS stuff here)

Master
    Thanks Cat7,
    Do you ever try any other straps other than the bracelet?
    Yes it looks great on a Bond Nato, Isofrane or Borealis rubber and the strap changes take just minutes once you've got the knack and taped up the lugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Yes it looks great on a Bond Nato, Isofrane or Borealis rubber and the strap changes take just minutes once you've got the knack and taped up the lugs.
    Great thanks for the reply.