closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Airsoft

Master

Airsoft

Who does it? Whos tried it? Whats your experiences?

Personally i love it, bought a ton of gear a few years back, great craic.

Master
    Me and my mates used to have bb gun fights when we were about 13, lots of people got shot in the face and we weren't allowed again.

Surely this is for children?! A chap should be looking at a decent 12 gauge no? All the gear and whatnot, lab, Land Rover, tweed...ah country days 😌

Used to be big in to it when I was 15-16 I had an HK-51 at one point, a rare beast indeed. Grew out of it and started shooting real guns in the CCF.

Master
    Ive gone the other way.

Theres only so much skeet and paper targets a man can shoot before he loses interest. Sold my Anschutz target rifles and over and under shotty and got into airsoft. Several friends done the same and we haven't looked back.

A lot of ex squaddies play at our local site so games can get pretty intense. Theres all ages play too, literally from 13 to 60's and a few Father and son teams as well.

My interest in guns began when I was a small boy and hasn't abated in the 40+ years since. I've never forgotten my Dad saying to me when he gave me my first air rifle "If I see you point it at anyone I'll wrap it around your neck". Sound advice and well delivered. Sorry, each to his own but to me a sport that involves firing projectiles at other people somehow doesn't seem right.

Adrian

Master
    I see your point Adrian, but safety procedures and regulations are VERY strictly adhered to at any decent site.

Safeties on, mags out and weapon on sling before any face protection comes off. It takes an absolute idiot to get hurt playing Airsoft tbh.

Master
    For anyone who has never seen a game...

http://youtu.be/iaaP5Ft1PSQ

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    My interest in guns began when I was a small boy and hasn't abated in the 40+ years since. I've never forgotten my Dad saying to me when he gave me my first air rifle "If I see you point it at anyone I'll wrap it around your neck". Sound advice and well delivered. Sorry, each to his own but to me a sport that involves firing projectiles at other people somehow doesn't seem right.

Adrian
    Well, the latter seems a national pride thing when organised by the State in a country when the powerful have an interest in that.

Anyway, paintball and airsoft differ from airgun plinking in the shooting at others vs. skill and technique of the shooting itself. Airsoft is the more militairy pretending one of the two; a bit of role play reenactment with poppers. Pick your poison.

I have tought my son basics of shooting airguns as a useful skill. Same thing proper bow and arrow.
    We have gone one/twice on a fun paintball event as nothing much if anything at all about shooting.
    I definitely want him not to go do airsoft because it is imo not right indeed too drafsmann.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Surely this is for children?! A chap should be looking at a decent 12 gauge no? 
    A chap should have a brace of 12 Bores. One of those Colonial fellas would have a 12 Gauge ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    A chap should have a brace of 12 Bores. One of those Colonial fellas would have a 12 Gauge ;)
    Apologies old boy and wash my mouth out...my man normally handles the detail, cleans and loads and whatnot ;)

Master

Airsoft

Love a bit of Airsoft. Used to play a couple of times a months with a team full of my mates before the kids came along. Mainly played at sites in Dorking and Worthing but also have played at the Epsom tunnels, a disused hospital near Midhurst, the lakes near Tunbridge wells and of course, the Ground Zero weekender!
    Yes, it's grown men running around the woods with toy guns. Deal with it!
    Last edited by Piemuncher22; 19th October 2015 at 08:57.

Apprentice
    Used to play a lot when I was younger, still have a ton of kit I never got around to selling. It can be a huge investment as modded guns can easily run over a grand and you've always got the itch to upgrade. Great fun though - however fully agree the middle aged guys going out on the weekend and taking the mil-sim bit super seriously is tad lame!!!

Master
    Yeah, the ones who take it dead seriously are a laugh and a half. I've seen some ridiculous sights in my time playing airsoft.

Master
    I used to play a few times a year, unfortunately not had the time in recent years. I still have all the kit though, 2-3 assault rifles and a couple of Glocks. It is good fun, but the sites I played at seemed to attract a few 'cheats'! Nothing a round in their back didn't sort though....

Master
    Old thread but this posting will be appropriate precisely because of that.
    Do you guys that aren't playing anymore have anything for sale.
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-and-equipment