closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone managed to win over an ex girlfriend before?

...of the 9.999 hundred thousand other loves
    statistically, some of them would be equally nice...

Ex sex is usually pretty good and on-demand easy. The problems usually arise the next day when the old tensions that caused the break-up resurface.

Just keep her in your back pocket for those occassions when other plans don't work out.

Plenty of good advice for the OP. Try to lay low and just hang on for a month or so. You'll be amazed how different it'll feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    The middle age thing has always confused me - what is it and at what point does old age start?

If we assume that the current average male life span is 84 then it would seem to me that middle age should be 42 onwards. Not sure when old age should begin - perhaps if we take the mid point between this and death then 60 perhaps?

Is there some kind of formula for this?
    I believe old age works like this.

Not sure about middle age. I'm sub-40, but I think I've had (or am still having, not quite sure) a midlife crisis.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Well early 40s then, but hey we're still all pigs
    Knock 10 years off that please grandad!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post

Not sure about middle age. I'm sub-40, but I think I've had (or am still having, not quite sure) a midlife crisis.
    There is no such thing as a mid life crísis imo.
    It is rather illustrative that the same thing happening with a woman is called ´rediscovering herself´.

Oh and I just celebrated going into my last year before turning 60.

Blog Entries
    Move on and don't look back.

PS..buy a new watch.

If it's broken you can't fix it. Keep your dignity and pride and try to move on as best possible; time will heal the wounds and it will get better. I had a yo-yo relationship once, and once out of it realised that getting back together was only ever like a sticking plaster, but you waste your best years finding this out.
    Oh and delete her number from your phone and join Tinder

Banned
    I happen to notice two common themes in this thread:

First, the we have all been dumped point;
    Second, the suggestion to find immediate alternative easy sex cos after all that's all a woman is for.

I have wonder whether there might be any correlation between these...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post

Second, the suggestion to find immediate alternative easy sex cos after all that's all a woman is for.

Josh its a given that they're all literary as mad as a sack of frogs, its the degree of madness that determines whether they are keepers or not.

Banned
    I'm not sure whether you literally meant literary...

But after my pretty extensive research on the subject I have come to a different conclusion.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Josh its a given that they're all literary as mad as a sack of frogs, its the degree of madness that determines whether they are keepers or not.
    Does this include you female family members? You really are a broken man and there is no wonder women detest you if your real life persona is the same as your online one.

Banned
    Jo, don't take male bravado literally (or literary) when it comes to discussion about the opposite sex. It's similar when girls talk about boys. In-group speak. It's a unique form of communication.

I'm not sure whether you literally meant literary...

But after my pretty extensive research on the subject I have come to a different conclusion.
    Predictive text isn't always predictive, apologies.

Banned
    Predictive text isn't always predictive, apologies.
    Mine was dropped on its head as an iphone 3gs...

Quote Originally Posted by Dontblowsmoke View Post
    Does this include you female family members? You really are a broken man and there is no wonder women detest you if your real life persona is the same as your online one.
    It would appear you have perceptive qualities unknown to ordinary mortals, how's tonights lottery looking?

Banned
    It would appear you have perceptive qualities unknown to ordinary mortals, how's tonights lottery looking?

You are not gonna win

HTH

You are not gonna win

HTH
    Oh well £2.00 saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    There is no such thing as a mid life crísis imo.
    It is rather illustrative that the same thing happening with a woman is called ´rediscovering herself´.

Oh and I just celebrated going into my last year before turning 60.
    Well, rediscovering myself hasn't made my life easy lately.

Apologies if this has been posted before ,but it does cover a lot of what this thread is about .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU

Banned
    Blog Entries

Wink

A fun loving female to help you explore the more difficult to get at places makes it all a lot easier.
    ... ánd more enjoyable.
    But then you know mý take on it.

Entirely possible - even likely - that theres someone else - even if only in the pipeline - though not nearly as inevitable as certain (obviously bitter) "experts" have tried to indicate...

...you know what though? Best thing to happen to you - trust me - you don't want to be with someone who has any reservation about you - that applies equally to friendship, business and love.

Get out there now and do stuff I will be only too happy to discuss in the bear pit - you lucky f***er

Banned

Unlike all these manly men who are with women and virtually spunking themselves at the thought of a partner who might actually give them some action eh?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    when woman break out of a long term relationship with plans, there is always another guy/girl.

she may not have dated him yet, she may not have even told her friends about him, but she has met a guy and he has ticked boxes for her, you have not.

if you are determined to 'win her over' get on with your life and ignore her, and when you do meet be as vague as possible as to what you are up to/who you are seeing.

become the mystery man to her, make sure mutual friends no nothing about your personal life, and again if you bump into her don't go down the route of 'how are you' 'coping well' etc, chat for seconds, say hello and move on.
    Can't quite believe this wasn't some derivative of 'poo through her letterbox' :D

In this scenario, the more you try, the more she'll fly. Don't call, keep your distance and don't wait for her. If it's meant to be it will happen naturally.

Bit of a narrow view Josh. Some of them can cook and clean too.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Bit of a narrow view Josh. Some of them can cook and clean too.
    So can I.
    Furthermore a housekeeper is way cheaper. That rimes so it true.

Originally Posted by phil h Trip to Amsterdam, spliffs, space cakes, coke and hookers. 3,2,1 your back in the room, over her and planning your next trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    I'm with Phil!
    TZ-UK Amsterdam GTG !
    Last edited by Crispin; 11th October 2015 at 10:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Run forest, Run.

The reason why so many people have posted is because we have all been there - badge of honour so to speak.

My advice is book a holiday ASAP. Register with Tinder, Another Fish in the Sea (or whatever) and met a huge section of rather odd ladies, in the hope you will met the one.

In about 6-12 months time when your ex rings to suggest drink/dinner (and to be good friends) you can

a) introduce your new girlfriend
    b) shag her before telling her to FO
    c) just tell her to FO

hope this helps. Now married to "the one" for 29 years.
    Absolutely - after the chat, don't walk - bloody run!

There is no point even considering spending time with someone who doesn't want to be with you, or even isn't sure if they do or don't - just get your head around the fact you are the lucky one!
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Run forest, Run.

In about 6-12 months time when your ex rings to suggest drink/dinner (and to be good friends) you can

a) introduce your new girlfriend
    b) shag her before telling her to FO
    c) just tell her to FO

hope this helps.

PMSL. Has to be some of the finest advice ever posted on TZ

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Absolutely - after the chat, don't walk - bloody run!

There is no point even considering spending time with someone who doesn't want to be with you, or even isn't sure if they do or don't - just get your head around the fact you are the lucky one!
    Spot on, as have been the majority of replies to this thread.

You have dodged a bullet. If this happened a few years down the line and there were kids, mortgages or a marriage certificate involved, you'd be in a far worse position.

Give yourself some time. Enjoy life and you'll find someone else who is far better for you

Sad

I've recently gone through this and tried everything possible with an ex that I didn't realise I missed so much

Thing is you just end up pissing them off
    They've made their decisions

I did flowers for weeks, tried to get a meet etc
    She cuts me off when I try and call

It hurts and torments so try and stay busy
    It's still killing me but I accept there's nothing I can do

Sorry bud

Clear your inbox mate

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Clear your dirt inbox mate
    fixed that for you.....

when woman break out of a long term relationship with plans, there is always another guy/girl.

she may not have dated him yet, she may not have even told her friends about him, but she has met a guy and he has ticked boxes for her, you have not.

if you are determined to 'win her over' get on with your life and ignore her, and when you do meet be as vague as possible as to what you are up to/who you are seeing.

become the mystery man to her, make sure mutual friends no nothing about your personal life, and again if you bump into her don't go down the route of 'how are you' 'coping well' etc, chat for seconds, say hello and move on.

Well put. .

Sorry this has happened bud. . Been there got the tshirt. . I think the best advice is the one above.

All the best.

Get over it and move on ... Once a relationship is broken it really is better to move on and don't look back in anger! Ha .
    There are lots of other Woman out there and in reality obviously you were simple not meant to be ... We are as people constantly evolving and changing and part of that is leaving old relationships behind and making new ones ... I have always managed to stay good friends with exes all of that history and fun together need not be discarded ! .
    But if nothing else walk away with your head held high .. If you don't and drop into the rather pathetic pleading to have you back , then when you are over her you will regret that ! So get out there fill your boots and enjoy . Life is too short to do anything else

Been following this thread, funnily enough whilst clearing out my Mum's house ready for her move I came across some pictures of myself and my (then) girlfriend from about 30 years ago. She wasn't my first girlfriend but she was the first one I introduced to my parents, (I thought it was getting serious!)

I looked back at those photos and my immediate reaction was:- I fancied THAT????!!!!! Was I blind? Why didn't my guide dog give me better advice????!!!! I felt no connection to the picture, no memories stirred, no emotions rekindled....... Nothing. All I can think of was I escaped, dodged the bullet, Came out on top.

I won't deny that I was upset at the time, but I didn't beg her to have me back. (I do feel that that is what she wanted me to do.) I moped around for a couple or three months before picking myself up, found a 999 bird, went to Le Mans and had a brilliant time with a group of friends and some girls we met down there and I have spent the intervening years enjoying myself, enjoying life, being my own man.

Not "winning her back" was one of the best things I ever did.

I can categorically state that in the history of the universe, no woman has ever decided to split up with a man and then 2 days later upon receiving teary eyed sobbing phone calls and pleading text messages has then thought 'hold on, I've made a mistake'.

As stated before there will probably be someone else in the picture, whether they know it or not. This won't have been a spur of the moment decision either.

We've all been through this, so there is no shame in that. It's how you deal with it that counts - not so much from a macho perspective but purely from keeping your sanity.

Firstly, cut off all contact.

One of the 'get outs' women use is the old 'we can still be friends'. This will open up a whole new world of heartache to you whereby on a superficial level you will be able to chat like nothing has happened yet she is no longer your girlfriend.. This will create further confusion for you as you will cling to the hope that you will reconcile . .then eventually she will casually drop into the conversation that she has met someone else..not only will you feel that your heart has been ripped from your chest but that you have yourself prolonged this situation and allowed her to twist the knife further...of course you can't say anything because she will say ' but we were just friends'.

Women like nothing better when you split upthe ididea that they were the best thing that ever happened to you and that you are crying yourself to sleep over them at night..This enables them to use you as a 'comfort blanket' and allows them to potentially see you as a plan B should it all go tits up and they've made a wrong decision..It also massages their ego.

The best thing to do is maintain radio silence. Take it a day at a time, each day you are wresting more control back and this alone will make you feel better.

I always took the view if she saw me in the street one day and she was with a friend would I rather she was able to say ' oh that was my ex' or 'that was my ex that rang me crying for two months after we split'

It's about self respect..that's not to belittle the emotional turmoil you're going through now but the sooner you take control the sooner you will get over it

good luck

Well put.

You can be sure there's someone else in the picture, emotionally if not physically (Soundood is absolutely right on that one, in my experience at least). The trick now is to avoid any more pain.

Craftsman
    Great thread....

but "MOVE ON" ***shake*** ***shake***

:)

Move on, don't look back ...never look back!

"Never go back" is one of my personal rules.
    I broke that rule twice when I was younger and on both occasions it lead to misery for all concerned.
    Pubdweller has it spot on.

Good luck!

Craftsman
    Change your mobile number . Avoid your now ex girlfriend and go and enjoy yourself .
    When a lot of women break up they need to massage their own heart strings by making sure you are 'ok' and they aren't now seen as a bad person as most of them arnt really sure about themselves anyway!
    Never give them the satisfaction of any feedback . Avoid avoid avoid.
    Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and you cry alone .

As I said in my earlier post, I went to Le Mans with friends and had a fantastic time. As a suggestion for you, why don't you make a mini bucket list of new activities for you and your mates to do? Nothing too dramatic or expensive, maybe something like a day's clay shooting or an evening's karting, charter a boat and do some mackerel fishing.......whatever takes your fancy really!

Have a bit of a male bonding session trust me you will soon find your mind in a better place and you will be better able to move on. As the friend who helped me get over my break up used to say to me:- Women come and go but you've always got your mates!
    Last edited by mattlad; 13th October 2015 at 01:02.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well put.

You can be sure there's someone else in the picture, emotionally if not physically (Soundood is absolutely right on that one, in my experience at least). The trick now is to avoid any more pain.
    Sorry but he's not and you can't.

I broke up with my last two exes 1) because it just wasn't working and 2) because of passive aggressive neediness.
    Nobody else in the picture on either occasion.
    Sometimes, just sometimes it's not us, it's not anyone else, it's you.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well put.

I agree. I would put money on it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely agree

Quote Originally Posted by Dontblowsmoke View Post
    In my case it includes My 3 ex wives, current wife, 90yo mother, 4 daughters and two sisters.

All mad as a sack of frogs.

I am certainly not broken. Not particularly disliked by women either, and I don't dislike them at all. But one does have to realise that they originate from another planet altogether
    Last edited by java; 13th October 2015 at 03:01.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Sorry but he's not and you can't.

I broke up with my last two exes 1) because it just wasn't working and 2) because of passive aggressive neediness.
    Nobody else in the picture on either occasion.
    Sometimes, just sometimes it's not us, it's not anyone else, it's you.
    And therein lies the difference between the species. Apaz most men are simply unable to comprehend that they might be at fault. Or that sometimes its just wrong. Its either the psycho biatch being a wrongun generally or shes cheating. #manlogic...

This is all you will ever need to know.

The doodster is correct, there's always someone else involved in some capacity. Always!

Blog Entries
    And therein lies the difference between the species. Apaz most men are simply unable to comprehend that they might be at fault. Or that sometimes its just wrong. Its either the psycho biatch being a wrongun generally or shes cheating. #manlogic...
    With you on this Josh... Every day is a school day.., it's really easy to fall in love, the trick is to sustain it... With my first wife, she was incapable of admitting to anything being her fault and the issues never lay with her... I am now happily married to my lovely wife and although we fall out occasionaly, we are able to deal with it and either of us can accept when we've got something wrong - this and maintaining a sense of humour are key to sustaing a relationship that would otherwise become toxic as petty resentments build and fester...

My ex wife, however, has had 6 different boyfriends in the last 8 years and it's never been her fault when it's ended... Hang on, there's a common denominator here surely???

The point is, that being like this is not at all gender specific...!

Ps... I am in no way suggesting that the OP is at fault!!! And your ex could well be as mad as box frogs!!!