closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Isofrane etc. sizing question

Isofrane etc. sizing question

I've searched extensively for a strap in this style for my Voyager - Isofrane, Obris Morgan, Eddies's retro etc. etc..... The problem is there seems to be nothing available around the standard 75/115 length, it's all around 80/130. I wonder if anyone with a wrist size of 7inches or slightly less has tried this type of strap in the longer length and found the overlap to be ok when the excess of the non buckle end is tucked into the keepers. Also any opinions on Isofrane vs the rest would be welcome, I've read the Isofrane keepers can split easily - not good on what would be a daily wearer. Not a problem if keepers are readily available of course. Wrist shots welcomed!
    F.T.F.A.

Not a great photo to demonstrate, but I have a less than 6.5" wrist and I find my Isofrane wears fine. There is some overlap, but I see that as part of the style of the strap.

I haven't had the strap long enough to comment on the longevity of the keepers, but the strap is very comfy and the closeness of the holes means it's easy to get a good fit.

My wrist is under 7" and although i had read many times how the OM was too long i actually found it absolutely fine

I do tend to wear my watches a little loose though

Well worth trying for the cost

Thank you gents, very much appreciated and very helpful.
    F.T.F.A.

My wrist is 7 inches and my OM Iso-a-like is ok fit wise (mine is the standard one you buy off their website). I usually wear it on the last hole if I want it tight or last but one hole for a little loose. Anyone with smaller wrists might struggle but at 7 inches you should be ok. The Orbis Morgan are great value IMO.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Many thanks again!
    F.T.F.A.

I have had an Iso on for about 2 weeks now after taking about 2 years to buy one - the cost seemed preposterous to me for a bit of rubber!
    I went through all the alternatives, (found Bonnito Cinturini to be the best) but couldn't get over all the Iso recommendations. So I grabbed one slightly used from a chap on the forum via a WTB and to be honest, I should have started with it! Well worth the £50 I spent - best strap by a country mile.

My wrist is just over 7" and it wears perfectly. (20mm on a Seiko MM 300)

Again, many thanks for taking the time to post those pictures. I'm pretty sure now that the fit will be ok, I just need to convince myself that the cost for such a small piece of rubber is justified! I have found that it's possible to buy spare sets of keepers if needed.
    F.T.F.A.

Like the gentleman above it took me a long time to convince myself that spending that sort of cash on a rubber strap was justified, and I now that I have I also wish I'd taken the plunge sooner.

Isofranes are great. I now own four.

So just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Like the gentleman above it took me a long time to convince myself that spending that sort of cash on a rubber strap was justified, and I now that I have I also wish I'd taken the plunge sooner.

Isofranes are great. I now own four.

So just do it!
    I have commenced battle with my inner tight git! ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Not an Isofrane owner here, but I have one of Eddie's retro rubbers on my Seiko Sumo. I found the strap a bit long for my liking and managed to trim the end with a Stanley knife.
    It's not perfect, but I doubt anybody will notice this DIY solution when the watch is worn.

Thanks for the further input. Can I ask approx. how many mm you trimmed off, and what you think the maximum is that could be cut off?
    F.T.F.A.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thanks for that!
    F.T.F.A.