closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Casio G shock

Craftsman

Casio G shock

I tend to just wear my normal mildly expensive watches when working around the house and garden, with a birthday coming up end of October I thought it may be an opportunity to ask for something a little more hard wearing.

Would I be right in thinking a mid priced G shock would be the way to go ?

So onto my questions, with the exception of sales corner who on line has the best range, prices and are reputable ?

Can anybody recommend a model from the vast range based on experience or what type of questions do I need to be asking of myself to help narrow it down.

I think for what I need it for under £100 would be the price point

Thanks for all and any advice

Master
    Try Creation watches, great selection and prices.

I would try something preowned on SC for a first purchase as if you do not like it you should move it on with very little lost

I got my first a few months ago from here and it is a nice watch, it does everything brilliantly but it does take some getting used to against more conventional watches, i went for a Gulfman as it wasn't absolutely huge (although still hefty) quite lightweight and had the features i was after

I wear it occasionally and i am warming to it, it is really lightweight and comfortable and i find its features very impressive, it doesn't really feel like a proper watch though? Perhaps its because i am still getting used to it

It does feel bombproof though and for the occasions when i would have gone without a watch in the past i am very comfortable wearing it (and i have a tool watch that takes some punishment!)

Journeyman
    I just ordered this G-Shock. I know is a little more than £100, but is so beautiful :)

What kind of features do you think you'll fancy? Solar? Atomic timekeeping? Altimeter? Etc etc. Do you want something relatively small (for a G) or something a bit chunkier? Bracelet or strap? Work this out, factor in your budget and draw up a shortlist based on that. Ultimately there is no "wrong" G, so if you're not even too bothered about the functions just go with what you think looks the coolest!

I've two different 5000 series (there's a whole range just there!), these are the smallest of the adult Gs, I also have a 3000 series which is one of the largest - I've also owned 4 or 5 others. If you're able to then visit one of the G stores in London, failing that one of the larger H Samuel stores to try them on. To purchase either go through SC here or creationwatches, skywatches is another option.

Craftsman
    I like this one. £78 on Amazon at the moment, solar atomic and not too big. I have the non solar atomic version which is £50 and I kind of wish I went for this one instead.

Craftsman
    Thanks for replies, So I decided on the square style for my first go at G Shocks, Already with paint spots following some DIY yesterday !
    Attached Images Attached Images