closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seeking for Advice Regarding Omega Service UK

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mpc28 View Post
    I guess my dilemma is do I send it to omega direct or go with STS. By all accounts it looks like people are having issues with work done by omega.
    I`d go with STS every time........that's coming from someone who's been known to fix the odd watch or two. An excellent firm in my view.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I`d go with STS every time........that's coming from someone who's been known to fix the odd watch or two. An excellent firm in my view.

Paul
    In His case being under warranty I think it should go to OSC unless STS also accepts factory warranty...

Master
    Some update, New kit hands base on the Customer Information site. Fingers cross this will fix the issue...

Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    wonder what's going on with Omega Service Center UK atm. ?!?
    Euuurgh. Quite possibly though.

Craftsman
    They had my watch for 6 weeks and it came back with a 1cm smudge/mark on the dial between 10-11 o'clock. Maybe they need to wash their hands after having chicken nuggets for lunch.

Bunch of tossers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesy B View Post
    They had my watch for 6 weeks and it came back with a 1cm smudge/mark on the dial between 10-11 o'clock. Maybe they need to wash their hands after having chicken nuggets for lunch.

Bunch of tossers.
    Is this current? Or have they fixed or replaced it for You Mate... can't believe they're QC will let it go back to the owner without spotting things like that and fixing the issue before sending Your watch to You... any chance of a Photo Mate?
    Last edited by mjoranga; 20th November 2015 at 13:53.

Craftsman
    Is this current? Or have they fixed or replaced it for You Mate... can't believe they're QC will let it go back to the owner without spotting things like that and fixing the issue before sending Your watch to You...
    Current. They aligned the bezel and got rid of the marks that the Boutique watchmaker caused, but I was working under strong light today and noticed the mark. I've only had it back two days.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement.

Will try and get a pic tonight as it needs a torch shining on it to make it visible to the camera. It's a thin oily smear.

Master
    Sorry to Hear that Mate... its the part of the watch which at least You want to be perfect since it is fully secured and always visible as You check and admire Your watch... Mine is still with them too... Certain Issue that I haven't mentioned Here as I just don't want to look like trying to pick on them... I chose them as I've expect the best from them being the factory maker of the Watch and paying more than other watch repairers prices...

Craftsman
    The mark.

and there's a rough edge on a supposedly new bezel.

Not happy.

Master
    The mark.

and there's a rough edge on a supposedly new bezel.

Not happy.
    Looks like Your watch is going back again Mate... to be honest I'm not that excited anymore everything my Watch is ready to be send back to Me...

Seeking for Advice Regarding Omega Service UK

Sorry to Hear that Mate... its the part of the watch which at least You want to be perfect since it is fully secured and always visible as You check and admire Your watch... Mine is still with them too... Certain Issue that I haven't mentioned Here as I just don't want to look like trying to pick on them... I chose them as I've expect the best from them being the factory maker of the Watch and paying more than other watch repairers prices...
    I had an absolutely dreadful time with Swatch UK service over my 2254 a few years ago. I have never bought another Swatch group watch since and I don't think I ever will again. I had been reading that they had improved their standards since but I guess there will always be staff turnover in a big company.

My strong feeling is that a good independent watchmaker is a league above ANY corporate service centre in terms of comms, QC, skill, reliability and frankly taking pride in their work. The trick is to find one and I understand that parts are being restricted by Swatch now, which may ultimately remove this as an option.

Obviously when a watch is under warranty you're going to have to deal with them. A 5 year warranty where you have to return your piece to the care of a place with QC as demonstrated here isn't much of a selling point to me though.
    Last edited by Plake; 21st November 2015 at 05:51.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    I had an absolutely dreadful time with Swatch UK service over my 2254 a few years ago. I have never bought another Swatch group watch since and I don't think I ever will again. I had been reading that they had improved their standards since but I guess there will always be staff turnover in a big company.

My strong feeling is that a good independent watchmaker is a league above ANY corporate service centre in terms of comms, QC, skill, reliability and frankly taking pride in their work. The trick is to find one and I understand that parts are being restricted by Swatch now, which may ultimately remove this as an option.

Obviously when a watch is under warranty you're going to have to deal with them. A 5 year warranty where you have to return your piece to the care of a place with QC as demonstrated here isn't much of a selling point to me though.
    That's the next watch I'm aiming to own and if the one I get need a service... I might lean towards STS this time... Would consider PO as well but haven't seen a 2500D 42 or 45.5 PO for a trial fit so not very confident on buying One from the sale corner...

Master
    I will be getting my watch back this Wednesday and I know there's still one more issue that I'm not happy with... They just couldn't spot it, so will have to take it to Omega Boutique and showed to them what my concern is... I can spot it without a loupe lens, For sure they do as well... Unless they don't want to look or acknowledged it...

What is the remaining issue?

Master
    Good news for Me... Had a very productive conversation with the Head of Customer Service Dept. And He was very helpful in every way... Extending His Customer service beyond You can possibly expect... Explaining everything to Me and How things work... All I can say is I'm very please with the outcome of our conversation and feeling very positive about them...

Master
    I think this time Omega got it right... Finally after more than 4 and a half months... I'm off to work now so can't post some pictures for now but will do later after work... A big thanks to Mr Jane Avery and Charrise who patiently communicated with Me along the process of servicing my Watch...

Banned
    I think this time Omega got it right... Finally after more than 4 and a half months... I'm off to work now so can't post some pictures for now but will do later after work... A big thanks to Mr Jane Avery and Charrise who patiently communicated with Me along the process of servicing my Watch...
    Congratulations, you have the patience of a saint. Did they replace the dial?
    Last edited by GrandS; 21st December 2015 at 18:24.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Congratulations, you have the patience of a saint. Did they replace the dial?

Yes they changed the Dial...

Master
    Here's the watch as promise...

Updated warranty.

Sorry for a Poor lighting and excuse my Crappy phone cam...

Banned
    Looks great, well done.

Craftsman
    Finally

I'll get my Seamaster back after a redial today, so hopefully it'll be the end of that.

Master
    Finally

I'll get my Seamaster back after a redial today, so hopefully it'll be the end of that.
    Touch wood Mate... You'll get it back to Your full satisfaction...