closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Black and Blue

Journeyman

Black and Blue

Its ok I'm fine, the missus has not bashed me for spending all the house keeping money on watches!
    What it is, is I like the most recent version of the Omega Seamaster 300m with the ceramic bezel. Now I normally prefer a black dial but think both the new models look lovely. So I got to thinking tthat the Blue version would be more popular so would depreciate in value less quickly due to the Bond connection as well. But then I thought surely some of the Bond limited editions are black?
    So I started thinking that the black version may depreciate less slowly being rarer, but it seems I am wrong. A quick look on Watchfinder and Chrono 24 shows an almost 50/50 split between the black and blue. Tbh if I buy I am not really worried about depreciation as most watches are like cars if you buy new you know that in a couple of years they wont be worth as much with the exception of a few vintage or very high end examples of both cars and watches. Also if I buy I do not envisige selling as I am not into flipping watches, but you never know circumstances may change and I might need a quick buck!
    So it will probably come down to a spin of a coin- Black or Blue?
    Its just strange that for some reason I have always thought the Blue version was much more popular

Craftsman
    The thing is, neither of these are exactly uncommon, so I'm not surprised there is no difference in resale. Also, consider that both are recently. Introduced models in current production
    Just buy the one you like the look of the most....for me it would be the blue as i already have a black PO

Master
    Blue every day for me. In low light, it's a dark blue on the ceramic anyway so looks almost black, but outside you can get some lovely colours popping off the dial.

I've owned both.

The blue was particularly nice, and had chameleon qualities as it transitioned from blue to black. In a collection of watches, it's always fun to throw in some colour.

But, I prefer the black. The glossy dial is superb, and it's an amazingly versatile watch. Unlike the blue, it also looks at home on the Omega Olympic Rubber for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus04 View Post
    Its just strange that for some reason I have always thought the Blue version was much more popular
    The previous blue wave dial (2531/2220) was more popular than the black equivalent, but I suspect the new ceramic models will change that.

Journeyman
    I must say they are both lovely but the blue does really look nice in a lot of different light. Sometimes it looks quite a light blue, then sometimes you almost think it is black or a very very dark blue. Thing is I have always preferred black, but that blue is really nice. The other thing I like is the omega logo is applied(if that is the right word) instead of painted(or printed) on. So it seems to give it a nice depth. Altogether they seem to be nice upgrades on a classic watch

Master
    I've had both colour dials and I preferred the black. I think it popped more when on the wrist. The blue is nice too and has its own merits as previously stated.

Just try them both on and gonwith which one you like the most.

I have the blue one and it is my favourite watch with a gorgeous lacquered dial that, as noted above, can appear anywhere from a lightish blue/grey through to nearly black.

Master
    I'd echo what's already been said here. I own the blue one and in low light it looks pretty much black, but in the sunshine it is a vivid blue, almost too blue. The ceramic shines nicely and the dial almost looks liquid.
    Forget depreciation. It's got to be blue all the way.

Another vote for the blue here. It's supremely versatile and is seldom off my wrist.