This is a sad tale. My wife has wanted a Volvo XC60 for a long as I can remember. They came onto the Motability scheme recently and she applied for one and received it last week. It is beautiful. However, one of the wind screen wipers needed adjusting and the garage (a Volvo dealer) came to pick up the car this morning. On driving the car back to the dealership, the driver had a crash resulting in the rear bumper being badly damaged, the rear near side wheel arch being dented and the rear passenger door dented too. Quite a mess.

We got a phone call this afternoon to describe all this and the car was returned damaged later this afternoon with promises to get all the damage fixed ASAP.

However, apart from my wife being devastated by the state of the car, I'm also worried about the damage/repair and the possible future of the car. it is unlikely my wife would keep it more than 3 years on the scheme but you never know.

Just wondering what we can expect from the garage moving forwards and implications for the future of the vehicle now it will have an accident history. Any experiences of this kind of thing and advice would be much appreciated.