closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Came across this site - Chrono24 review

Came across this site - Chrono24 review

I was under the impression that Chrono24 had a decent reputation ...............

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/chrono24.com

Master
    Never understood the place never even considered it, never will! It just just looks and feels dodgy! That’s enough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrono24 is a marketplace. Think of it like ebay where the sellers reputation and feedback is more important than the website that they are advertising on.

Chrono24 has only ever been a watch Ebay with less protection. It’s a shop window for a million sellers, nothing more.

I’ve bought twice via C24 and both times were absolutely fine, but I did due diligence on the seller, and it was a few years ago. I suppose as the site’s reputation has grown so has the number of dodgy sellers.

As long as you go in knowing you’re dealing with the seller and not Chrono24 it can be fine. It is misleading though with its bold claims about buyer security. I was led to believe that if you bought through the C24 platform you could return the watch for a full refund if you weren’t happy.

Craftsman
    Pretty strange to have feedback like that and it’s not been more looked into, I guess they have no liability - seems really suspect

Yes it is strange. I've seen some very good reviews for Chrono24 in the past.

Nothing but bad reviews on this site. Looks suspicious. Could this be a competitor setup?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso View Post
    Yes it is strange. I've seen some very good reviews for Chrono24 in the past.

Nothing but bad reviews on this site. Looks suspicious. Could this be a competitor setup?
    Good point! Seems quite US based?

I've bought a few items, but each time Chrono24 has been no more than a shop front. In my cases they turned out to be bricks and mortar establishments with websites and I contacted them direct and bought through their website rather than messing around with the Chrono24 processes.

Came across this site - Chrono24 review

Sitejabber is a site that people only visit if they have a gripe about something so it’s no surprise that the majority of reviews are negative. If you were happy with your purchase you wouldn’t seek out sitejabber to say so, you would just 5* the seller on chrono24.

Bought a few times there and never had an issue. Faults were clearly stated, communication was good and delivery was swift in each transaction. Of course this is because of the seller, not the platform so the usual “rules” of buy the seller etc should be your first thought.

It’s s bit like TZ. If some lowlife rips you off on here, it’s not Eddie’s fault, so you wouldn’t trot off to sitejabber to report Tz would you?

Craftsman
    Having looked at it furhter its a bit like those large search engines that sit above eBay and that? So you get links to watchfinder too on there.

Master
    Always been a little careful of chrono24. As said above, treat it like a marketplace and do your Due Diligence.

Journeyman
    It does seem to have a larger number of dodgy looking sellers than a few years ago.

I have used it 3 times to buy but never to sell. Have always checked the dealer out prior to purchase and have always had good experiences.

It's a good shop widow for international sellers and a great place to waste an hour or two!

Sent from my STF-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I wouldn't expected this, thanks for sharing.

Craftsman
    C24 is a great resource. As with all sellers anywhere one must carry out due diligence.

I’ve found some great sellers on C24 and managed to form a long relationship with many of them.

Generally it's safe to assume that Chrono24 is a marketplace - do your due diligence on the seller and proceed carefully. They now offer their trusted checkout service, which I tried once and it worked like a treat.

There have been a couple of courtcases in Germany a few years back, accusing C24 of not removing fraudulent sellers from their website despite knowing about the problems and they ended up having to compensate customers for fraud-related losses. I was just checking for the background, but it seems to have been removed from the www.trustedwatch.de homepage, suppose they put some money to work to clean their history...
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.