closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex sub

Craftsman

Rolex sub

A question to the collective, have Rolex made a Submariner with differing dial/bezel combos? e.g. black dial , green bezel? just curious, Cheers JohnB4

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB4 View Post
    A question to the collective, have Rolex made a Submariner with differing dial/bezel combos? e.g. black dial , green bezel? just curious, Cheers JohnB4
    Yes, the LV.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB4 View Post
    I think the LV is the only Sub option with differing bezel and dials colours. Everything else is Black/Black or Blue/Blue.

SGR

But you'll need to love the maxi dial and green there is always the Hulk...

Old case, maxi dial/minute hand, and green bezel - what is it not to like about 16610LV aka Kermit :)

For the LV, can one request a bezel change using original stock from Rolex or this is not possible? Will it void the warranty, etc.?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanFreak View Post
    For the LV, can one request a bezel change using original stock from Rolex or this is not possible? Will it void the warranty, etc.?
    Rolex won't entertain this, they won't change anything on a watch that is not a like-for-like swap for the model. Your only chance is either picking up the part you want and getting someone to fit it for you or possibly getting a friendly Rolex authorised service engineer to get one (although this also may not be possible depending on how much a tight grip Rolex have on the distribution of their parts).

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanFreak View Post
    What you do is picking up a bezel on the second hand market. It would be bad idea to trade in the green bezel anyway for the resale value, and a black bezel is easy to source. Apparently they are easy to swap yourself, but I have never tried. Also, there is no warranty (apart from service warranty) to void, as the LV stopped selling a few years back.
    Last edited by jonasy; 5th October 2015 at 09:13.

The LV is prefect as it is. I still seem to enjoy the look of the 16610lv more than the newer versions. Since the arrival of the ceramic submariners the older LV seems to have taken on a cooler vintage look. I even like the old strap and clasp !!

Journeyman
    Yep gotta love the LV. I think this will become a future classic (if not already)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by s5dude View Post
    Yep gotta love the LV. I think this will become a future classic (if not already)
    And a good investment too :-)

Here's a couple of white-dialed ones, neither of which I unfortunately own. Photos may be subject to copyright laws. Which I've probably just infringed.....[url=http://postimg.org/image/k792clxqv/]

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    And a good investment too :-)
    Very much doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Very much doubt it.
    As with most things, depends when you bought it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy1 View Post
    Here's a couple of white-dialed ones, neither of which I unfortunately own. Photos may be subject to copyright laws. Which I've probably just infringed.....[url=http://postimg.org/image/k792clxqv/]
    That vintage white dial Sub is a stunner and is seriously rare (and expensive) - if it is an original white dial Sub.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 8th October 2015 at 22:24.

The white dial is fantastic, why oh why don't they do it now

What about the red Colamariner? Looks better than Bamford Sh..