closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tried on an Omega "Grey side of the moon" today

Craftsman

Tried on an Omega "Grey side of the moon" today

Never looked at Omega's before

But came across this beauty (albeit with ridiculous name) today.

I only have a 6.5 inch wrist and the case is 44mm but I thought it wore well (albeit very tall). It was much lighter than my Rolex BLNR - possibly due to the leather strap - and I have come away from the AD seriously considering one as my next watch as apposed to the Rolex Green Sub that was next on my list!

I now have a dilemma! It is steep at £8k retail but I can see it on Chrono24 for around £5.5 which represents decent value

Anyone else have one and able to talk me out of it My 30th birthday next year so it might be a present to myself.

one a side note AD's don't half talk rubbish. The lady was telling me that the model number was the name of the movement etc

I tried on my first one of those yesterday...I think that was the name of it, the one with grey dial, ceramic case and grey leather strap....I was impressed and thought it compared well with my Speedie Pro except in the height department. Ended the try on admiring the AD staff member's Apollo Soyuz Speedmaster

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I tried on my first one of those yesterday...I think that was the name of it, the one with grey dial, ceramic case and grey leather strap....I was impressed and thought it compared well with my Speedie Pro except in the height department. Ended the try on admiring the AD staff member's Apollo Soyuz Speedmaster
    That's the one mate! Can get it via a grey dealer in the USA for circa £5k . Going to the USA next May so might hold out till then provided the exchange rate stays decent

Master
    Yeah, love the Dark and Grey side of the Moon watches. Go tmy eye on both for next year sometime as a used buy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Love the idea and design, but although the size is borderline ok, the height you mentioned is a dealbreaker for me. IMO it just doesn't sit right on my 6.60 wrist.

I believe the dimensions are 44.5mm by 16mm. That's quite chunky and typical of the 9300.

Craftsman
    Just curious, but have you considered the regular classic speedmaster? in terms of value for money, i think the regular is ahead. To me, the price tag of the GSOTM makes it a piece for the dedicated moon/omega collector. Not the mention the hugh size of the watch itself (height and diameter).

If the above factors is okay for you, then i would say go ahead. You get a unique watch which you will most likely never see anyone else wear.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Knisse View Post
    Just curious, but have you considered the regular classic speedmaster? in terms of value for money, i think the regular is ahead. To me, the price tag of the GSOTM makes it a piece for the dedicated moon/omega collector. Not the mention the hugh size of the watch itself (height and diameter).

If the above factors is okay for you, then i would say go ahead. You get a unique watch which you will most likely never see anyone else wear.
    Hi mate

Yeah I have but it just didn't sing to me and if I can get it for circa 5.5k I'll be delighted. The long wait until may starts now :-)