closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Fieldmaster Contra Valuation

Craftsman

Seiko Fieldmaster Contra Valuation

Hi All,

I have a unworn condition with stickers on the back, in original box (inner and outer), three ‘module’ (watch, compass, map meter) Seiko Fieldmaster Contra on original rubber strap, sadly no paperwork though, but have the original tags.

Battery was changed recently and it’s running nicely.

Here are a few (bad quality, sorry phone only) pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub1dbwji6n...91610.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4yhhydk33...91724.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmzoqyedp6...91917.jpg?dl=0

I have not seen one for sale for ages, how much are they worth in this condition?

I know very little about them as I prefer mechanical watches to quartz, so appreciate any comments about it.

I did find this page with some good info and history:

http://www.wanttobuyawatch.com/Seiko.htm

But the price seems very high, too high to be true or I have just struck gold :)

Thank you!

Piotr

Hard to value, as you say they don't come up for sale very often, and very seldom in that condition or as complete.
    It would sell best to a collector ( obviously ) so I don't think that old sales price was too far off the mark.
    In the right place I can see that selling for £500 + in that condition.
    EBay would be the place to sell given the worldwide audience, or maybe thewatchsite forum for the Seiko heads.

600 off the top of my head
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

The more I think about it I think my valuation is too low, the vintage Seiko market is very strong at the moment, some very high prices for the right watches are being realised, yours doesn't come much more complete, so yes between £500-£1000.
    You only need two people who have been waiting for one such as this to come up for sale.

with things like this, you just dont know. seen some crazy prices achieved recently on eBay , as jason says it is pretty rare to find one as complete as this and in this condition to come to market

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    The more I think about it I think my valuation is too low, the vintage Seiko market is very strong at the moment, some very high prices for the right watches are being realised, yours doesn't come much more complete, so yes between £500-£1000.
    You only need two people who have been waiting for one such as this to come up for sale.

have to agree with you.....used in good condition £500 but in unworn condition with stickers on the back,still in the original box (inner and outer), and all three modules, maybe £700 to £1000

Craftsman
    Thank you to everyone that has commented, I am very pleasantly surprised!

This watch was given to me by my Uncle around 20 years ago as a birthday present, I have never worn it as it wasn't 'my style' and it sat there in my watch draw.

I am in two minds now about keeping it, but I'll probably never wear it, so best to trade it in for something mechanical…

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Thank you to everyone that has commented, I am very pleasantly surprised!

This watch was given to me by my Uncle around 20 years ago as a birthday present, I have never worn it as it wasn't 'my style' and it sat there in my watch draw.

I am in two minds now about keeping it, but I'll probably never wear it, so best to trade it in for something mechanical…
    i would stick it on wus with an unrealistic asking price and see what happens

One was on SC earlier this year for 425 euros http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?328125

(Not sure if you'll be able to see it though)

Craftsman
    Thanks for everyone's input. I'll do some better pics and advertise shortly.