closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Finally got a PRS18Q....

Finally got a PRS18Q....

This is a watch that has been on my wish list since the early days of my hobby/obsession and now that I have it I can't believe I waited this long. Truly superb specs and quality for the price.
    I'm sure none of this is news to anyone here but couldn't resist sharing.

Master
    Fantastic watch and photos, I have the auto and always brings a smile when I wear mine.
    One of Eddies finest imo, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Fantastic watch and photos, I have the auto and always brings a smile when I wear mine.
    One of Eddies finest imo, enjoy.
    Thanks :) I can certainly see it becoming a weekend regular.

The 18Q is still the definitive Precista, IMO.

The 18Q is still near the top of my wishlist
    Well done.

Craftsman
    Well -done -I remember the same feeling as you when I got mine over 2 years ago.

Still love it - a brilliant watch -enjoy!

LC

Looking good! I ordered my first PRS-18 (an 18A) yesterday. Like you, I should have done so ages ago. Looking forward to seeing what everyone means when they praise the 18Q/18A. I'm certain it won't disappoint (this being my eighth watch from Timefactors).

Craftsman
    Mine checking in,

Currently on a Hirsch liberty. Think it really suits it.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    Looking good! I ordered my first PRS-18 (an 18A) yesterday. Like you, I should have done so ages ago. Looking forward to seeing what everyone means when they praise the 18Q/18A. I'm certain it won't disappoint (this being my eighth watch from Timefactors).
    Well, about an hour after posting above, the postman arrived with my PRS-18A! Great service again from Eddie. Now I see what all the fuss is about! Lovely, solid feeling watch. A real winner.

Quote Originally Posted by NIGELW View Post
    Mine checking in,

Enjoy.

That's a fine combo, might try mine on leather

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    Well, about an hour after posting above, the postman arrived with my PRS-18A! Great service again from Eddie. Now I see what all the fuss is about! Lovely, solid feeling watch. A real winner.
    Excellent news, welcome to the club :)

Banned
    there a really nice watch for the money, iv not seen one before but it really does look the part

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Excellent news, welcome to the club :)
    Thanks!

Craftsman
    Glasgow, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    Everything about it is fantastic. I bought the Q with the intention of using it as a beater due it being relatively inexpensive. I just can't bring myself to do it though.

Glad you're pleased, looks ace.
    My 18A is my fave watch at the mo. Will pick up a Q at some point so I can have the real "mil" watch.

Journeyman
    Congratulations on the new purchases gents, you've chosen a cracker in my opinion.

I've had my 18A just shy of a year now and I must have worn it for at least 95% of that time - it's just such a good watch.

Banned
    how do you all manage to get such good quality images, iv have a decent enough camera its a 'FujiFilm Finepix S1' but i really struggle get to anything close to this.

Quote Originally Posted by dirboxden View Post
    how do you all manage to get such good quality images, iv have a decent enough camera its a 'FujiFilm Finepix S1' but i really struggle get to anything close to this.
    I think the main thing is good lightning

Apprentice
    congrats buddy..............

Master
    Had mine a couple of weeks now and although it's a fantastic watch there's a couple of points that bug me...

The pip doesn't line up perfectly at 12 o'clock. The bezel action isn't as smooth as I'd hoped. The biggest thing that bugs me though is the fact that the seconds don't hit anywhere near the minute markers. It bugs me so much that I'm thinking of selling it on and maybe getting the Automatic version or a PRS-3.

It's only a couple of weeks old but it is a brilliant watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeez Nuuutz View Post
    Had mine a couple of weeks now and although it's a fantastic watch there's a couple of points that bug me...

The pip doesn't line up perfectly at 12 o'clock. The bezel action isn't as smooth as I'd hoped. The biggest thing that bugs me though is the fact that the seconds don't hit anywhere near the minute markers. It bugs me so much that I'm thinking of selling it on and maybe getting the Automatic version or a PRS-3.

It's only a couple of weeks old but it is a brilliant watch.
    I hear you but I personally don't concern myself with the points you mentioned.

I'm particular about my watches too. However, this is esentially a piece of military equipment and as such shouldn't be judged by luxuary watch standards.

The bezle is functional and is fairly stiff so it can't be accidentally moved, end of story. The movement is accurate and long lasting between battery changes, mission accomplished.

The intended user would quite possibly be going through hell and back wearing the watch and couldn't possibly have time to check if the bezle was 1mm out or the seconds hand didn't quite hit the markers.

Have to say the bezel on mine is possibly the best I've had on any watch. When you first touch it it feels like it's solid, but when you turn it it moves with just the right amount of resistance.

Craftsman

Smile

Having viewed this thread a PRS18-Q will be added to my DNV, PRS-68 and PRS-22 after 20th October when the store opens again. Best not tell the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeez Nuuutz View Post
    The pip doesn't line up perfectly at 12 o'clock. The bezel action isn't as smooth as I'd hoped. The biggest thing that bugs me though is the fact that the seconds don't hit anywhere near the minute markers.
    Is this typical? It doesn't sound like Eddie's usual quality control. Maybe you just got one that slipped through the net?

I can see me acquiring one of these at some point, wasn't keen on them at first but the more photos I see the more I like them. Looks like a good solid everyday tool watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Is this typical? It doesn't sound like Eddie's usual quality control. Maybe you just got one that slipped through the net?
    I couldn't say tbh. If everything lined up as IMO it should do, then I would be very happy but things like that bug me and once I notice something and know it's there it gets to me. :-(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NIGELW View Post
    Mine checking in,

Enjoy.

Mine also on a Hirsch Liberty occasionally.
    Great combo

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
    Everything about it is fantastic. I bought the Q with the intention of using it as a beater due it being relatively inexpensive. I just can't bring myself to do it though.
    Yes me too.

It's just too good to knock about

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Yep, mine was the same - used to bug the hell out of me when I first got it, but kinda got used to it. I did at one point think about getting the second hand re-aligned - but then took a reality check!

A bit of backlash/drift in the movement is characteristic of most quartz watches, regardless of price or quality. It'll probably line up with the markers at some point over the course of an hour only to drift off again.

Thread resurrection I know but have been wearing mine today after sometime and think it will be with me on my next rotation in Ethiopia as of tomorrow afternoon, great field watch!

Could never come to terms with the bezel insert so had to change it.

Looks good with the sterile insert, which one did you fit?

Modified an old one from the parts bin, find the single luminous dot just as useful for me and am generally timing towards something anyway.

really like the rubber TimeFactors strap on it as well, best fit for general wear I have found to date, rides too high with a NATO in my experience.

Great combo with the strap. I may copy the sterile bezel, polish the case and add a domed plexi to mine. I felt like selling it to pay for the PRS-22 I got recently but seeing yours has made me scrap that idea altogether :-)

Quote Originally Posted by simonsev View Post

That doesn't look at all shabby.
    Some of the case/bezel edges on mine feel a bit raw. Something which a polish might see to...

Yes, the plain black bezel insert and quality rubber strap really bring out the industrial type design to my eye and still with a useful function, I like the bead blast finish, although it does mark a little easy, so mine will not get a polish and I find the crystal really good, excellent non-reflective properties, not sure a domed plexi would suit it, I like all the straight edge thing the crystal keeps.

If anyone does mods though, post them up, would love to see them.

I've had mine a few weeks now and it is a fine quality piece and tough as old boots great grab and go work watch.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsev View Post
    Thread resurrection I know but have been wearing mine today after sometime and think it will be with me on my next rotation in Ethiopia as of tomorrow afternoon, great field watch!

nice job.