closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommended servicing for Speedmaster models

Craftsman

Recommended servicing for Speedmaster models

I have a collection of Speedies of various eras and need to get a bulk service done. Any one recommnended? I am based in Cambridge and London.
    Priority is for a reduced model that is a present for my son...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NORFOLK View Post
    I have a collection of Speedies of various eras and need to get a bulk service done. Any one recommnended? I am based in Cambridge and London.
    Priority is for a reduced model that is a present for my son...
    I only know STS base on feedbacks and reviews then Omega Swatch Group at Southampton... My SMP GMT is currently with Omega Swatch Group... I've also read that Omega Boutique in London has a service center inside... The one in Regent street...

Grand Master
    Depends on the model and the age. Fairly modern hand-wound moonwatches are straightforward, any half-decent repairer should be able to service one at a reasonable price. Same goes for the reduced size with Valjoux 7750 movements. The DD module movements are a bit harder to service and some folks won`t touch them owing to the difficulty in working on the chrono module, the rest of the movement is ETA 2892 based and very straightforward.

No point in paying top price if you don`t need to. However, if you're talking about 1960s vintage models STS are the folks to go to in my opinion.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 26th September 2015 at 00:29.

Master
    Omega Service Centre are also servicing their vintage models these days, they serviced my 1964 Constellation a couple of years ago and did a cracking job.

May be worth giving them a call.

Another vote for STS. Always had great service from them.

I'm not lucky enough to have anyone worth using in my area (South London), If you want the job doing right you may have to be prepared to post the watches or hand-deliver further afield. I'm not sure there's anyone good near Cambs.

If you have in mind returning the watches to new; you're into case refinishing and possibly replacement Omega parts. There are several options including those already mentioned plus Omega Bienne and Watchworks in Bristol. All of these will do a fantastic job, at a price.

If you're thinking of a straightforward service minus case refinishing, you could save some money and have it taken care of by a smaller outfit. Still highly skilled and can obtain Omega parts (until December) but who are not bound to recoup the huge outlay of some firms for retaining Omega/Rolex accreditation and specific case finishing equipment.

Money no object mine would go to Bienne. Needless to say I never have and never will send anything there! 😜