closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New "De-luxe" NATO

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Par for the course for custom links/end pieces.
    Can you share the link?
    Thanks Rajen, new to this but if that's the price so be it . I haven't a link, i dug and scraped around on the internet and this fellow apprently does them on WUS , i sent him a pm and i received a reply last night. I'd all but given up to be honest, more than happy to pm you the details ,after i've asked his permission of course .

I'd like to point out that one customer ordered 10 of the new de-luxe NATOS and that ordering similar straps from another company would have cost over £1000 more (that's not a typo, it really is more than one thousand pounds).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Even sweeter when you remember how Swatch (i.e. Omega) screwed Eddie over on the Broadarrow name.

I hope TF sell a million of these.

Of course, the Omega ones have a co-axial weave and an HE escape valve and so are clearly worth the money being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Even sweeter when you remember how Swatch (i.e. Omega) screwed Eddie over on the Broadarrow name.

I hope TF sell a million of these.
    Indeed! Wouldn't that be karma.

RAJEN's done a good comparison of the Omega and TF straps here:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...a-game-changer

Looks like Eddie's is at least as good.

Off to the TF shop now to have a look see . . . .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Mine arrived today, looks great on my PRS 82. They are a longer though than the standard TF nato's, will probably cut mine down using the coin method. Well made bit of kit and great VFM.

It is quite a bit thicker on the wrist, I might also cut it so its RAF style so it doesn't sit so proud on the wrist.
    Last edited by Middo; 30th January 2016 at 18:40.

You could win one if you are witty with words ;-)

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...of-your-choice

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I might also cut it so its RAF style so it doesn't sit so proud on the wrist.
    Let us know if this is as easy to do (neat, clean cut) with the deluxe as with a regular NATO please. I've got a couple of G10s and I think I'll turn them into RAF patterns if there's no problem with it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Will do, will keep it as is for a bit first and let it settle.

Has anyone tried anything to soften these up? Does a run through the washing machine help, or does that ruin them? I find them to be extremely comfortable, but they wear far too bulky on the watches I've tried so far, partly due to the thickness and partly due to stiffness.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Has anyone tried anything to soften these up? Does a run through the washing machine help, or does that ruin them? I find them to be extremely comfortable, but they wear far too bulky on the watches I've tried so far, partly due to the thickness and partly due to stiffness.
    I found simply wetting mine made a big difference. Did it on the watch, simple dunk of the hand or hold under the tap and then readjusted the cinch a hole or two. Seems to have held its shape once dried...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    I found simply wetting mine made a big difference. Did it on the watch, simple dunk of the hand or hold under the tap and then readjusted the cinch a hole or two. Seems to have held its shape once dried...
    So... Like a pair of jeans then? :) I'll give it a go - making sure it's on a diver first!

Craftsman

Brilliant De-Luxe

Ever since I really started to get into watches I've loved the look of Natos. I've bought some from Eddie in the past, and tried Rhinos too, but could never get on with them. The look was great. People would post photos of their watches on Nato straps and I thought I needed to try them out.

One by one I tried them and rejected them. I thought they made the watch look too bulky, didn't suit me, or the watch, whatever way you want to put it. Then I saw the new Omega Nato style strap and thought, oh, that looks pretty great. As all the rest had too. There was no way however I was willing to pay that sort of money for one. Eddie came to the rescue with a more reasonably priced equivalent and I thought I'd give it a go.

It arrived on Friday and what a revelation. I put it onto my Speedmaster and it looks like it was made for it. It's comfortable, looks fantastic and I really can't imagine how the Omega one is any better. Certainly not ten times better. Anyway, here's a picture to see what I mean. And anyone that was on the fence like I was with Natos, give one of these a shot, they're excellent.

I have tried these on my U1 and they just refuse to soften enough to bend sufficiently - leaving a huge gap between lug and wrist. Looked at face on it looks great but looking down the wrist just ridiculous, I can fit the end of my finger under the strap where it joins the watch. I've given up on NATO's tbh!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk