closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Citizen Eco-Drive AT4000-02E

Journeyman

Citizen Eco-Drive AT4000-02E

My search for a suitable black dial chronograph continued (from here: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-Tissot-PRS200) and I've found a Citizen Eco-Drive AT4000-02E

CED.JPG

I prefer this over the PPRS200, BUT, it has a leather strap which I really do not like. The range offers an alternative with a stainless steel strap but I don't like the colour of the face.

My question is, can anyone recommend where could I purchase a suitable two-tone stainless steel strap from?

Journeyman
    So today I decided to buy both the AT4000-02E and AT4010-50E.

My plan is to swap the straps, keeping the AT4000-02E with the stainless strap and sell the AT4010-50E with the leather strap

Journeyman
    Thought I'd update this thread to prevent anyone else from trying to swap the straps. I couldn't find a stainless strap for the AT4000-02E (hence buying the AT4010-50E with the intention of swapping them) but the strap pin holes in the lugs are much closer to the case for the AT4000-02E, so the stainless steel strap from the AT4010-50E doesn't fit.

I have decided to keep the AT4010-50E, and have rubbed off the black coating on the bezel, and the red ring on the pushers. I've painted the numbers in the bezel black, and tried to do the ring in the pushers but I don't have anything small enough to do a decent job, and after nearly filling the clearance holes in the case with paint, I abandoned the idea.

The red hand and other bits on the dial are slightly less annoying now but I am planning to change them at some point in the future. Here's are a couple of (not so good quality) photos of the almost end result: Citizen mod (1).JPGCitizen mod (2).JPG

Looks like a nice job well done

Journeyman
    I'm very pleased it turned out ok.

That said, I'll probably go over it again with a finer grit and polish to finish it better

Master
    Nice work, though I prefer the original look to be honest. I have one of these myself, very practical watch indeed.