closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tissot PRS200

Journeyman

Tissot PRS200

I don't know much about watch brands, and I'd like to add a quartz chronograph to my watches that I wear for work collection. A Google image search produced a few contenders but they were all Seiko but I'd like to try something different and the Tissot PRS200 caught my eye:

0-e415d9fa-800.jpg

Would anyone advise against the brand?

Craftsman
    Tissot are a very well established and quality brand. They are part of the Swatch group. People might advise you of alternatives...but very few people would advise you against buying a Tissot...

I say go for it...It's a nice watch. I have a PRC200 myself and wear it often.

Quote Originally Posted by jdragon View Post
    I don't know much about watch brands, and I'd like to add a quartz chronograph to my watches that I wear for work collection. A Google image search produced a few contenders but they were all Seiko but I'd like to try something different and the Tissot PRS200 caught my eye:

0-e415d9fa-800.jpg

Would anyone advise against the brand?
    Tissot are fine - just be careful where you get one from - Tissot is one of the most faked brands around.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the replies.

I have seen it here but I may be better finding a UK supplier?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tissot-PRS...item233c03cf1c

Is there a way I could identify a fake prior to purchasing on the internet? Seems a silly question to ask but I really know nothing about watches :)
    Last edited by jdragon; 15th September 2015 at 12:44.

Apprentice
    I can't speak for the PRS200, but I've had a Tissot T-Touch T013420A as my daily beater for 6 years. I've only had it serviced once, after someone fitted a battery and didn't ensure the waterproof seal (the face misted up)! Other than that it's never missed a beat and the titanium case looks like it's hardly been worn, despite almost daily use:

Last edited by Nomad15; 15th September 2015 at 21:12.

Craftsman
    I've not heard a bad word against Tissot and would quite like a T Touch.
    Is it just me or maybe the picture but do the hands get slightly lost on that dial?

Apprentice
    I've never encountered a problem with the hands. Possibly the hour hand is slightly shorter so the digital display can still be read at 6 o'clock?

I do actually use many of the functions (talk about a function-packed watch!), especially the compass, which is really neat for those who've not seen it. In compass mode, the hands automatically align at 180 degrees to one another, with the minute hand pointing north and the hour hand to the south, and the digital display showing degrees. When you're out walking it can be used just like a Silva compass.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad15 View Post
    I've never encountered a problem with the hands. Possibly the hour hand is slightly shorter so the digital display can still be read at 6 o'clock?

I do actually use many of the functions (talk about a function-packed watch!), especially the compass, which is really neat for those who've not seen it. In compass mode, the hands automatically align at 180 degrees to one another, with the minute hand pointing north and the hour hand to the south, and the digital display showing degrees. When you're out walking it can be used just like a Silva compass.

You are talking about the T Touch of course, I was actually talking about the OP's picture of the PRS200!
    I had to have another look to see if I had missed a digital display on that model.

And yes the T Touch is a great gadget watch, that's why I want one.

Journeyman
    This is a good opportunity to ask for suggestions of a similar watch under £500

Tissot make great watches i cant speak for the newest PRS200 but i can for the older version

Great watch has served me well in the past few years, a great beater also, so if this is anything to go by the newer version should be just as good.

Journeyman
    Is the strap 18mm or 20mm (I've seen both specified)?

I had a fairly bottom of the range Tissot for a long time and, like others have said, it never missed a trick.