closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Something a bit fishy?

Something a bit fishy?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-GB

To me something just doesn't look right with this deep sea. Straight of the bat it doesn't sound right when he's advertised it as a submariner yet it's a deep sea, also the description is s little weird. Thoughts?

Master
    Well the Catholics used to say "When in doubt, pull out" and that's always a decent maxim to abide by with Ebay. It could well be genuine, but equally it could be a fake. If you make contact with the seller and get the whole story you may be in a better position to judge.

Rob

Apprentice

Something a bit fishy?

That screams fake to me. Several details look wrong.
    Last edited by Nomad15; 4th September 2015 at 06:58.

Agree, 100% fake.

Master
    know nothing about rolex but the weird description would put me off.

Journeyman
    When the description is copied off here it probably doesn't help....

http://www.perfectwatches.cn/swiss-r...et-623155.html

Genuine fake?

Very dodgy. But has a kinetic movement, so could be a rarity. ;)

Thanks guys, thought it didnt seem right! Have no intention of buying it but just wanted to get some opinions as I will report it to ebay if i get no response from him as to if its genuine. At the end of the day i'd rather report and stop someone getting ripped off, annoys me people selling fakes but trying to get genuine money for it! If your gonna sell a fake at least sell it for the money its worth.. such as a mars bar or a twix.

Master
    Wow, had a look at that Perfectwatches site. Scary. I like the way that they will sell you the box and papers too for (quote) Authentic Presentation.

Anyway, sent a message to the seller suggesting he pull his auction, £1,300 odd quid bid so far, or expect mischief. That is out and out fraud.

But it has a Swiss ETA 'kinetic' movement so it must be good, right?

Craftsman
    Anyone willing to send a Rolex using Collect+ is either a bloody idiot or a fraudster. I wouldn't touch with a poo covered stick.

Master
    He's pulled it

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad15 View Post
    That screams fake to me. Several details look wrong.
    Which details..?

Share your knowledge.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Which details..?

Share your knowledge.
    Apart from the description not matching the watch (and being pulled directly from the site where he bought it) I can't see anything wrong with it at all personally. These higher end fakes appear to be bloody good indeed. To the extent where I would now not buy a second hand watch from any but a trusted and researched seller (on somewhere like TZ) or a bricks and mortar shop. Even then I'm now wary. Under no circumstances would I go Rolex shopping on eBay.

The £60 Rolex I bought from Sharm, genuinely for an exercise in playing at taking apart a watch, has only a couple of small external tells like only one gasket on the stem when you pull out the winder instead of two. It even has the engraved rehaut and an attempt at a laser etched crown on the glass. Turning into a minefield this is. The days of fakes being easy to spot are long gone I fear.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131592018425
    Heres another one ive come across that just doesnt seem right. The description and lack of actual pictures he has taken makes it a tad suspicious to me..

Are you intending to continually clog up the Forum with links to dubious watches advertised for sale on eBay?

What exactly are you hoping to achieve, other than to use up Eddie's bandwidth?

If some mug wants to buy a watch through eBay it's up to them to decide whether it's real, a franken or an out and out fake.

Craftsman
    Re the dodgy Rolex. The box looks fake for sure, the mitred edges on my box (ohh err Missus) are far neater and tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaunidle View Post
    Wow, had a look at that Perfectwatches site. Scary. I like the way that they will sell you the box and papers too for (quote) Authentic Presentation.
    There are an immense number of hooky watches on there, BUT am I wrong to quite like the wall clocks?