closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Transocean Chronograph

Master

Breitling Transocean Chronograph

http://www.oandr.co.uk/watches-c1/me...ronograph-p456

What do people think of the Transocean? Going to get a 67 c321 Speedy for my 39th later in the month, but fancy the Transocean as something really special in the Rose Gold for my 40th next year.

I know very little about the Transocean and not a lot on here either.

Master
    The big one (43mm?) has the B1 in-house movement, the 38mm ones don't. There's not much price differential so I'd go 43mm if your wrist can support that. It's a thick-ish watch though so imagine it will wear quite large. For some reason I've seen a fair few of the rose gold ones (albeit 38mm) on eBay for pretty low prices...

Master
    So is the 38mm movement not upto scratch then?

Master
    Blog Entries
    nothing wrong at all with this brand or model. But please think hard about parting with £14k for a Breitling, especially given its your 40th, there are so many better watches out there in this price range.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post

Master
    Got a year, hopefully pick up one used. Went in to try on an AP ROO and this caught my eye. Will look out for a 38mm and try that too. And also some non-rose gold versions.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    I just don't think it's good value. It's a 7750 modified, but it should be much less than £500 than the in house version really...

Master
    Your tastes will change in a year so better get it while you still like it. I don't think you will have any problems with it and as far as its value it is solid rose gold so pretty on par or even cheaper than others.

Blog Entries
    If you are going to keep it for ever - then price is not an overriding issue. However, I do remember buying a solid rose gold Breitling Montbrillant for £8K - and painfully a few years later a dealer bought it off me for about £4K - just thought I'd mention it.

As mentioned there are lots of very nice watches at the £14K price range - either modern or vintage, depending on your liking. Nothing wrong with Breitling or that model - but there are others (Brands, models) you may want to check out?

Good hunting!

M