closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko solar diver - buying and strap options

Seiko solar diver - buying and strap options

Hi all. Looking for some advice please! I've been looking for a decent Quartz diver as a grab and go / holiday watch since trading my SKX007 and I quite fancy a Seiko solar diver but here's the rub.
    Typical of me, Creation have the one with red hands / markings, the Seiko SSC015 for a decent price with the stainless strap. However I like the Seiko SSC021 with yellow hands / markings.

Creation don't don't do the SSC021 so I wondered if anyone could recommend somewhere else to get the SSC021 from? Also I would like a stainless bracelet option and the SSC021 doesn't come with one. I would like curved end links, preferably solid. Has anyone fitted another strap to their Seiko solar diver? I'm sure I've read that the sumo end links fit so I wondered about a sumo oyster.....?

All advice gratefully received 🏻

It's this model -

Buy both. The one you want will turn up eventually . then keep the head and bracelet you want. Sell the rest .
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Worryingly that crossed my mind! The standard strap doesn't come with SEL so I just wondered if there was an SEL option before going down that route. I guess the other answer is to get over the yellow thing and buy the red handed one from Creation

Quote Originally Posted by Gullers View Post
    Worryingly that crossed my mind! The standard strap doesn't come with SEL so I just wondered if there was an SEL option before going down that route. I guess the other answer is to get over the yellow thing and buy the red handed one from Creation
    It's not worrying, I've done the same before. And ended up keeping both :)

In any case, the yellow thing could soon be sorted with a tin of humbrol :)
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    I've had all of these apart from the yellow now, good looking watches on a budget.

SkyWatches have a range of these from £110 (yellow model on rubber) to £122 (Blue & Black or Blue & red 'Pepsi' models) and top of the shop, £129 (red model with bracelet).
    I'd agree with Dave, buy a pair of them, swap the straps about, flip the one you like least.

I'm often surprised how much these things bring back on e.bay, you regularly see them fetch £150-£160 second hand on there so you wouldn't be losing.

*Quick note, I've not yet bought from Skywatches so no idea about postage charges or import fees - another member (I think it was Vinny?) put me on to them so I've no doubt they are on the level, it might be worth doing a bit of digging first if you do decide to buy from them.

fwiw I've just had another look at their site and the orange dial Solar Diver is only £81, so I strongly suspect one of those will be on the way!

Yorkshire Watches have the model you want, and on a bracelet too, but it's £200. They generally have the same stock as Creation from what I can see, but they've already imported it to the UK so it's always quite a lot more expensive.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Buy both. The one you want will turn up eventually . then keep the head and bracelet you want. Sell the rest .
    Good strategy, that's exactly what I did to get the G-Shock aviator head / bracelet combination I wanted, albeit I didn't get them at the same time

Probably the best value dive Chronographs on the market. Incredible that they are available for the money. I couldn't resist the near 4 x the price Tuna Fieldmaster with the same movement. There's nothing quite as mysterious as Seiko pricing policy

Gray

Some good advice there thanks guys. I am tempted by the buy both approach. Anyone bought from Sky watches? Just wondering about import charges etc?
    I've bought successfully from Creation twice now.