closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Has the Tudor Pelagos (ETA based movement) gone up in price?!

Has the Tudor Pelagos (ETA based movement) gone up in price?!

The price for the original Tuodr Pelagos is currently 2420.00 at Iconic. I'm sure that t was less than 2200 a few months ago - has the price increased or are Iconic are showing the price of the new model with the in-house movement?

Banned
    I bought mine from Iconic over a year ago and I think it was £2,350, although I haggled a touch.

Not sure if the price has changed. On a somewhat related note, has anyone seen the new cosc certified models in the shops yet?

Yeah they launched them in my local Fraser Hart a couple of weeks ago. Not keen on the shade of blue they chose, and even with the in-house movement I still prefer the old one.
    North Flag was interesting, and I didn't realise it was actually more an homage to one of their old models... but still the styling wasn't up my alley ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by trisdg View Post
    Yeah they launched them in my local Fraser Hart a couple of weeks ago. Not keen on the shade of blue they chose, and even with the in-house movement I still prefer the old one. North Flag was interesting, and I didn't realise it was actually more an homage to one of their old models... but still the styling wasn't up my alley ;-)
    Cheers Tris,

I'm interested in the black cosc certified one :) Am waiting for one to appear at iconic or similar before I pounce! Haven't seen the blue in person but not overly fussed based on the pictures.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    Not sure if the price has changed. On a somewhat related note, has anyone seen the new cosc certified models in the shops yet?
    Goldsmiths in the Trafford Centre has the black dial ETA in the window alongside the blue in-house model. I'm afraid I didn't take note of the prices though the black dial is listed online at £2,840. The blue is quite, errr, blue. It's a shade I'm not personally comfortable with as while it's "Summery" it might be a bit bright other times.

Ant

Craftsman
    Charles Fox in Bournemouth have got the blue Pelagos in, and are expecting the black one in towards the end of this week. I quite liked the blue one, and thought it was a lot less in-your-face than in the pictures, but still very much prefer the old Pelagos and hope it doesn't climb in price (as I'm on the hunt for one at the moment).

Banned
    I saw the new blue one yesterday, priced at £3020 no discount at Fraser Hart, but was offered 10% elsewhere as a returning customer.

Master
    I've just seen a blue Pelagos in the metal for the first time. I love the blue! It's a much nicer colour in reality (unlike how it looks in photos).

However, why would Tudor chose to use a steel caseback and clasp on an otherwise titanium watch? These are parts of a watch where titanium can add a lot of comfort.

Master
    The price of the original ETA Pelagos has definitely fluctuated a little on the Iconic website.

Internet archive searches show it has been on for £2300 and £2350 in the past. I also have a recollection of it going as low as £2200 in the early summer and wondering whether to buy one then.

The retail price of the one I saw recently at Fraser Hart was £2840. The new blue one is shown on the Ernest Jones website for £3020.
    Last edited by simonrah; 2nd September 2015 at 17:17. Reason: new info!

Master
    iconic change their prices semi-regularly which makes sense as they buy from ADs in europe and the exchange rate changes. Nice to see that they do pass on some of the savings as the prices do often go down on their site.

Craftsman
    Selfridges had both models in black at the weekend. The new one is really nice in the flesh, I was convinced I'd prefer the old one until I saw them side by side.