closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: JLC New Arrival - Some photo's

JLC New Arrival - Some photo's

Following on from my 'did I do the right thing' thread, as most people seem to have guessed, I traded a Patek Aquanaut for a Jaeger LeCoultre 8 Day Perpetual Calendar. I believe it's the only 8 day manual wind perpetual calendar available, and as these things go - a bit of a bargain. Had the opportunity to wear it the past couple of days and at the moment, can't think of any reason why I would part with it. I don't have anything else with this complication, and can't see what I could replace it with unless I paid several times the price. It's just the right size at 40mm, and really does like lovely in the metal. Even the women in my life like it, which is more than can be said for most of the rest of my collection. Anyway, it's raining this morning, so her are a few photo's.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Although I stand by my opinion that the PP is a better watch to wear every day, the JLC is certainly a lovely piece and would be proud to have one myself.

Of course in an ideal world I'd have both to cover both casual and dressy occasions :)

It's gorgeous, isn't it? I dare say that I'd have kept it if I didn't have another PC and I'd suggest you keep a very tight grip on it... as for the PP, I'll be doing similarly!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 31st August 2015 at 13:48.

It is a beauty no doubt.

Unusual and expensive complication, for a mechanical, makes it a special one.

Mitch

Master
    It's a damn fine watch and in my opinion the perfect size too.

scooter

It's so impressive, not only in look, but the complications coupled with the 8 day movement secure it as one of the best JLC's around.

Master
    stunner

only in wis-dom can a simple 3 hander be worth a similar amount,

id find it hard to choose one over the other, but rationally it should be the JLC every time

Beautiful! and complicated .....

It's a stunning watch. Congrats.

I found your other thread interesting on the desirability of this JLC or the Aquanaut; I think I'm very more in the JLC camp as they've given this complication such a unique look with the dial layout.

It's an incredible watch, you chose well.

that JLC exudes class all the way. i would have made a similar choice...the Aquanaut is nice but the complications on the JLC put it over the top.

Blog Entries
    Quite lovely but far to busy for my tastes however wear it in good health.

Great looking watch!

Craftsman
    What a beauty.
    Well done! A true piece of excellence!

Apprentice
    Beautiful piece!

Blog Entries
    I'd have ordinarily have said you were mad to move on that Patek so quickly, but this is a bit special isn't it. Just gorgeous.

Master
    Aye that's beautiful. My feeling towards these JLCs always seems to be determined by whether they have the dauphine hands (as here, which I like) or the alpha.

Blog Entries
    I think it's absolutely fantastic! This spring I tried to buy a JLC Master Calendar but ended up with a Deep Sea Chronograph instead. Yesterday I was daydreaming about adding a Master Calendar or go all out on a Master Ultra Thin Perpetual in the future, so I told Tony yesterday that we need more shots of that beautiful watch. I was a bit surprised when I got the answer that he had traded it.

For me a perpetual calendar is the essence of horological achievement, at least when it's in a great sized case like the JLC models (as opposed to IWC for example). It combines elegance with mechanics and for me it's the ultimate gentleman watch. It's not that you need the functions, but they are extremely cool and subtle. JLC is of course very good at making this type of watch both beautiful and affordable. Affordable is perhaps not the right word, but I'm glad they make these fantastic watches in steel.

Congrats on on a great catch on a true grail caliber watch! I hope to one day start a similar thread.

OMG....absolutely fantastic...love it

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    I'd have ordinarily have said you were mad to move on that Patek so quickly, but this is a bit special isn't it. Just gorgeous.
    Yes, I had no intention of parting with it so soon (if at all) but it was the only way to get hold of this one. As you said on Tony's thread, another Aquanaut in that condition will be very hard to find.

Craftsman
    Both lovely in their own way. Really not sure which one I'd go for, ask me on two days and you could get different answers.

Congratulations in any case, the JLC must be a wonderful thing to own.

The watch is fantastic - however because I don't always wear a watch and then rotate the ones I have it would drive me mad setting it whenever I wanted to wear it ! The watch itself is wonderful and very clever to work all that out manually so I can't fault it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post
    I think it's absolutely fantastic! This spring I tried to buy a JLC Master Calendar but ended up with a Deep Sea Chronograph instead. Yesterday I was daydreaming about adding a Master Calendar or go all out on a Master Ultra Thin Perpetual in the future, so I told Tony yesterday that we need more shots of that beautiful watch. I was a bit surprised when I got the answer that he had traded it.

For me a perpetual calendar is the essence of horological achievement, at least when it's in a great sized case like the JLC models (as opposed to IWC for example). It combines elegance with mechanics and for me it's the ultimate gentleman watch. It's not that you need the functions, but they are extremely cool and subtle. JLC is of course very good at making this type of watch both beautiful and affordable. Affordable is perhaps not the right word, but I'm glad they make these fantastic watches in steel.

Congrats on on a great catch on a true grail caliber watch! I hope to one day start a similar thread.
    That comment of yours did cause a slight tightening of the sphincter, but I have another PC so all is well

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That comment of yours did cause a slight tightening of the sphincter, but I have another PC so all is well
    :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    The watch is fantastic - however because I don't always wear a watch and then rotate the ones I have it would drive me mad setting it whenever I wanted to wear it ! The watch itself is wonderful and very clever to work all that out manually so I can't fault it at all.
    It has a "one button set it all" function so I wouldn't be too worried about that. :)

I prefer the JLC to the Patek. Great catch.

Master
    Everyone wins in that trade... Enjoy your watches gentlemen, you certainly should!

Blog Entries
    That is an absolute stunner and pics are fantastic.

I find my 40mm Master Hometime wears perfectly and the slightly bigger case does not detract from the really formal, dressy feel.

Enjoy and try a NATO...........(i'll get my coat)

Paul

Despite the fact I sold it, I still think it is one of the most beautiful watches that I have ever seen.

It's fabulous, just so stylish.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful watch.

Love it, very nice!

jambobbyb
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 21st May 2019 at 19:30.

Wow thats a beautifull watch . Wear it in good health