closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cost of package from Creation.

Cost of package from Creation.

This isn't a whinge, just a quick question as I'm considering ordering again from them but this made me think.

I ordered a Hamilton X Wind from Creation on Tuesday evening for my lads 18th and it landed on my work desk 11am on Friday so no complaints there, items in this country have taken twice as long. I noticed something though this evening that got me thinking if something should of gone wrong or if the package had been damaged.

On the slip which was attached to the box it stated that the price of the package was $22 USD, clearly this was wrong as the watch was £632, anyone else noticed this?

FFF
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 30th August 2015 at 21:03. Reason: Spelling

$22 is written on the package in an attempt to avoid customs charges. Seems to work too...

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    $22 is written on the package in an attempt to avoid customs charges. Seems to work too...
    That's what I assumed was the case but what would of happened if the watch was damaged?

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    This isn't a whinge, just a quick question as I'm considering ordering again from them but this made me think.

I ordered a Hamilton X Wind from Creation on Tuesday evening for my lads 18th and it landed on my work desk 11am on Friday so no complaints there, items in this country have taken twice as long. I noticed something though this evening that got me thinking if something should of gone wrong or if the package had been damaged.

On the slip which was attached to the box it stated that the price of the package was $22 USD, clearly this was wrong as the watch was £632, anyone else noticed this?

FFF
    Isn't this just how they manage to avoid customs charges? I don't hear of many people getting stung for 20% VAT duty with purchases from Creation.

And if it went missing or got damaged you have Creation's excellent customer service to back you up - NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post

I assumed that's why it's never mentioned, just in case Gideon finds out and spoils our fun

That's what I assumed was the case but what would of happened if the watch was damaged?
    Your recourse would be through Creation surely?

If they are happy to 'help' you out from an HMRC point of view then it would be an obvious question at the point of ordering?

Ask them before your next order?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Your recourse would be through Creation surely?

If they are happy to 'help' you out from an HMRC point of view then it would be an obvious question at the point of ordering?

Ask them before your next order?
    Possibly but then surely they would say that damage was done in Transit and not their responsibility?

I know it's probably nothing to worry about but why take a chance considering the fact it's coming from Singapore and the possibly of something happening is considerable.

I really don't think this is an issue, with the exception of This they have a very good reputation, and even then they seemed to be pretty helpful. But if it really does concern you, just order from UK.
    Last edited by freeloader; 31st August 2015 at 00:42.

...that got me thinking if something should HAVE gone wrong
    fixed that for you...

That's what I assumed was the case but what would HAVE happened if the watch was damaged?
    ....and again here.....

Pay attention at the back there will you.....PLEASE !

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    fixed that for you...

....and again here.....

Pay attention at the back there will you.....PLEASE !
    You're right Reggie, I could of said could've and to be honest I should of and I would of if I could of.

You're right Reggie, I could of said could've and to be honest I should of and I would of if I could of.
    Excellent reply FFF, keep it up