closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ETA 955.112 Movement Question

ETA 955.112 Movement Question

Hi,
    New here, please excuse my inexperience. If I'm in the wrong forum please excuse.
    I'm new in Horology, the apparatus part, not scholar of time.
    My issue is with a Tissot with the 955.112 movement. I removed the battery for replacement and the isolator came off. I put a new battery in and the watch is no longer working. I realized that the battery isolator was not on the watch when i removed the battery again. Did this ineptitude on my part ruined the watches electrical system due to the battery causing a short? If that is the case , is it better to buy a new 955.112 movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Magadan2006@hotmail.com View Post
    Hi,
    New here, please excuse my inexperience. If I'm in the wrong forum please excuse.
    I'm new in Horology, the apparatus part, not scholar of time.
    My issue is with a Tissot with the 955.112 movement. I removed the battery for replacement and the isolator came off. I put a new battery in and the watch is no longer working. I realized that the battery isolator was not on the watch when i removed the battery again. Did this ineptitude on my part ruined the watches electrical system due to the battery causing a short? If that is the case , is it better to buy a new 955.112 movement?
    Hard to tell what the fault could be - a new movement is about £20 (it could cost a lot more than this to try and find/rectify the fault).

Personally, I'd replace the movement then tinker with the old one to see if you can get it working again!

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Hard to tell what the fault could be - a new movement is about £20 (it could cost a lot more than this to try and find/rectify the fault).

Personally, I'd replace the movement then tinker with the old one to see if you can get it working again!
    Agreed. I found one for $25US. What scares me is putting the hands back, I'm really all thumbs.

Thank you for taking the time to answer

Thank you

I have issue in the installing of the hands, i bend them and cause all kinds of havoc. I'll let you know how it all ends.

Good luck