closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: DVLA and Car Tax

Master

DVLA and Car Tax

DVLA are closed till Weds due to industrial action. My tax runs out on Tuesday but since receiving the reminder I've taken a plate off the vehicle using the online service and now the reminder reference doesn't work. To make matters worse I'm on holiday and don't have the V5. It's the old V5 anyway, I'm still waiting for the new one. It seems ludicrous that putting a plate on retention at the wrong time can break the system. How badly designed is that? Why can't the reminder just follow the vehicle regardless of the plate?!

Its a state run department with limited accountability so doesn't need to worry too much about customer service. The focus of this kind of bureaucracy is to serve itself.

If you ran a private company like this you would soon go out of business.

Master
    I have climbed a mountain this afternoon, literally, and I no longer feel so angry. Just frustrated at the sheer incompetence that allows a standard process to break the system.

Try living in France! Factor in the French factor! A friend turned up to buy a pair of tyres (looking at €250 inc fitting) at 1135, tyre company turned around and said they couldn't do it and he'd have to come back after lunch (12-1400). How much would that infuriate you? Now, there are a business, imagine what the Sous Prefecture (French DVLA) are like. Don't take cash, or a card, cheque only and so on!

Write to your MP and point out the problem and the non existent customer service. It gets them jumping through hoops. I found mine online and filled out the ready made form.