closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Difficulty contacting Watchunique

Craftsman

Difficulty contacting Watchunique

I bought a 1963 Sea-gull from Watchunique on 8 December 2014, and have worn it less than five time (I have about 40 watches, even though I only wear one at a time). Last week while admiring my watches I tried the chrono function. It isn't working properly as sometimes the minute hand advances and sometimes it decides not to. Sometimes it decides to advance one minute after two minutes. As it is less than a year old I used the contact form on Aug 26 to report the problem and ask for return details. As I didn't hear anything, I sent a direct email on Aug 28. Bear in kind that I am in Aus and tend to send emails whilst Europe is asleep. Still nothing.

Has anybody successfully sent a watch back to Watchunique for repair? Any ideas for getting them to talk back?

Any EU consume rights that I should know about? In Australia, if something breaks out of warranty there is a good chance that the law will still allow you to return it for a refund. For example, the TV manufacturer says 1 year, the law will probably hold them to 5 years.

Master
    Sorry to hear about your problem with the 63, I too had no response in the past on numerous occasions so purchased elsewhere in the end.
    Hope you get it sorted soon as it's a fantastic watch and one of my favourites.

Craftsman
    I'm having exactly the same problem with WatchUnique. Bought a 1963 for my girlfriend in February, and about a month ago it just stopped running. Have tried to get in touch with WU several times, but no go. Extremely annoying, and I will never buy from them again.

Craftsman
    I'll give them a buzz tonight and see whether I can talk to a person. If you are selling watches I would have thought a good customer service would be a key part of your business model, if you want to keep your customers and attract others.

Craftsman
    I phoned earlier this evening and spoke to Hans. I'll post it tomorrow. It was a very pleasant call that basically went like "I have a problem", followed by Hans saying "send it back and we will replace it." It may be in their interest to remove the email contact and put down phone no., skype, viber, etc., anything that encourages a verbal contact.

Craftsman
    Glad to hear it worked out well! I've only tried email, so will give them a ring tomorrow.

Craftsman
    It didn't work out. My watch arrived at Watchunique on 11 September. On 24 September I sent Ivo an email asking for an update. On 5 October, I sent another email asking for a reply, please. I have given up on this watch, and Watchunique.

Master
    I bought mine from Julian kampmann, a couple of weeks ago had an issue with mine, Julian sent me a replacement.
    Wouldn't go past Poljot24.de
    Last edited by barryw; 8th October 2015 at 11:41.

Craftsman
    Decided to give Watchunique another chance so rang them two days ago. Phone was answered by a lady, who took a message for Ivo and said he would email me. Of course, no contact from Ivo. You would have thought that he would have the decency to return the watch so that I can get it repaired by a real company, as opposed to stealing it.

Anybody know what's the Dutch equivalent of Fair Trading?