closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Montblanc Ultra Slim; other Peseux 7001 watches?

Montblanc Ultra Slim; other Peseux 7001 watches?

I noticed that Montblanc (a brand I would not have until recently considered as a 'serious' watch manufacturer) makes a very interesting offer with their new Ultra Slim model. It is indeed quite JLC-esque, possibly due to the fact that their CEO was until recently managing JLC, but it seems to me that it still has a proper visual identity (and comes at about 1/3 of the price of the equivalent JLC):

(Pic stolen from Hodinkee - btw, they presented a very well written and postive review of this watch: http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/the-mon...rie-ultra-slim).

I actually quite like it, even though I usually wear the typical forum darlings... diver/ chrono/ pilot. At 38 mm X 5.8mm, it seems to be a very interesting proposition for a dress watch. I wouldn't buy one immediately, but I can easily consider one in the future.

Anyhow, are there also some other Peseux 7001 driven watches you would care to recommend? It seems to me that these little machines are perfectly fit for slimmer, more elegant cases (and are actually pretty good looking too).

Cheers,
    Christian

I really like that!

While not strictly a Peseux, the Nomos Orion with the Alpha movement is another great choice.

Thanks for posting! Having read the review I actually think I prefer this to the NOMOS. Very nice watch indeed.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 27th August 2015 at 23:22.

I'd have to say the Junghans Meister Handaufzug:

Craftsman
    I think the Montblanc is gorgeous. My only criticism is the small movement (compared to case size).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    That is a real Meisterstück. All nice watches, no rotors flapping around.

Craftsman
    The other one that springs to mind is the Blancpain 7002 - which in the nondate incarnation is acheingly pretty... Shame they are so scarce http://ninanet.net/watches/others01/Mediums/mbp.html

al

Master
    Increasingly impressed by the Montblanc range, they look good in person and seem to be going in a very good direction lately. The moonohase is also lovely.

I really like that and it indicated that, particularly after the acquisition of Minerva, that Mont Blanc are now becoming a watch company rather than a brand extension. I've generally not liked much of their output but this one is rather nice. I agree that it's a small movement for the case and there are clearly some rather large spacing rings in there - for some strange reason I can't stand this on an automatic with a display back but find the MB quite palatable. Another contradiction - why does Peseaux 7001 sound so much better than ETA 7001?

Blog Entries
    IIRC this RT slimline has the same movement

.. & a bargain price at the time

z

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    I really like that!

While not strictly a Peseux, the Nomos Orion with the Alpha movement is another great choice.

Thanks for posting! Having read the review I actually think I prefer this to the NOMOS. Very nice watch indeed.
    The Orion is lovely but a tad to minimalistic for me... I also prefer the Montblanc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Also a good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    I think the Montblanc is gorgeous. My only criticism is the small movement (compared to case size).
    Possibly that's why they gave up on the small seconds, it would have sat too centrally. Still, at 38mm the size is reasonable(ish). And they solved the back view interestingly, with the case buing built in two circles around the sapphire crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by alslater View Post
    The other one that springs to mind is the Blancpain 7002 - which in the nondate incarnation is acheingly pretty... Shame they are so scarce http://ninanet.net/watches/others01/Mediums/mbp.html

al
    That's a beauty...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Peseaux 7001 sound so much better than ETA 7001?
    Possibly because Peseaux sounds like a place, while ETA sounds like a machine? :)

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    IIRC this RT slimline has the same movement

.. & a bargain price at the time

z
    My very first 'proper' watch was a Revue Thommen model, a pointer date. At that moment it was bought for about 400 pounds, and I felt almost sick for wearing something that expensive on my wrist :)

Cheers,
    Christian
    Last edited by Wooster; 28th August 2015 at 09:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    Wasn't there a P7011 that was a *little* bit larger (11.5 versus 10.5). I don't recall it being an thicker.

I really like that. Is it available now?

It actually is. On MB's UK webshop it's about 1500 pounds.

Master
    strap on the MB is very cool

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Another contradiction - why does Peseaux 7001 sound so much better than ETA 7001?
    I have the Peseux 7001 in a ultrathin Baume & Mercier, they call it Baume 17001 or 70001 or something similar. That is a nice, gilt, version.
    I also have an Omega De Ville Prestige with it, very well decorated movement, with Omega 651 as its designation.

Nice movements that can be adjusted to great precision!