closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: recommend a watch repairer in Hampshire?

recommend a watch repairer in Hampshire?

an old friend near Alton has asked me if anyone knows a good repairer in the alton area.
    No doubt someone will. Even winchester ish..

Craftsman
    Robin Martin in Portsmouth or Marshes in Winch are good.

I put three watches (two Seikos and a Heuer) into Marshes to see if they were any good and would never ever use them again after one developed problems within a year, one was sent back after three months because they couldn't source the crystal and crown (for a Seiko!) I told them when I dropped it off I could supply if necessary and the pusher cap fell off the Heuer and down a gap in the floorboards when I brought it home. I'd always send a watch off to a reputable repairer for the cost of RMSD rather than compromise on quality just because someone is local.

Shame I was made redundant in May, I worked at Alton Brewery for 6 years. They could have brought it along :)

Master
    I used Allnut's in Midhurst (just over the border in to West Sussex) to service my cal 1045 Omega about a year ago. They did it for a £350 (reasonable for that movement) and it is keeping excellent time. It's a family business and the current chap in charge is WOSTEP qualified.

No hesitation to recommend. http://www.littlecogs.com/

Alton to Midhurst is a very pleasant 30 minute or so drive.

Incidentally, they have a 19th century long case regulator in the shop that they use as their time source. They have it down to 1 second / month.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I put three watches (two Seikos and a Heuer) into Marshes to see if they were any good and would never ever use them again after one developed problems within a year, one was sent back after three months because they couldn't source the crystal and crown (for a Seiko!) I told them when I dropped it off I could supply if necessary and the pusher cap fell off the Heuer and down a gap in the floorboards when I brought it home. I'd always send a watch off to a reputable repairer for the cost of RMSD rather than compromise on quality just because someone is local.
    Crikey that's disturbing! They have always seemed really professional to me! I used to know Gerald in passing and he replaced a crystal on my grandads old Seamaster and did not charge me anything! I would say for accuracy that is all he has done for me in person, but seemed to have a wealth of knowledge, mainly about old Brequets!

Thanks v.much folks -will pass on the recommended little cogs one.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkeeny View Post
    And a third recommendation from me.

Sorry I'd have to balance the reviews with a definite No from me to Rob Martin in Portsmouth, I sent a friend there to get a Cartier serviced and they royally messed him about with the lead times, they kept telling him dates it would be ready but failed on about 3 attempts to have it completed, it was getting very stressful for my friend as it was a surprise anniversary present for his wife. He took it in in plenty of time as well before the date he needed it (6 weeks)

I bought the Cartier from a member on here for him but it needed a service and polish before the grand presenation to my friends wife, someone recommend them as it's local to my friend but I wouldn't say they were professional at all

We both came away thinking they were a bunch of clowns
    Last edited by Vanguard; 19th August 2015 at 11:40.

Grand Master
    Littlecogs have some nice stuff on their website 9vintage Omegas). Prices are a bit heavy but I`d expect the watches to be fully sorted out given their credentials.

Paul