closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads up - a new batch of SE Vostoks at Meranom

Heads up - a new batch of SE Vostoks at Meranom

Some groovy new 420 based special editions available at Meranom.

Craftsman
    Brill have been waiting for these for ages, thanks for info.

They look good, the bracelet especially is an improvement.

I'm rather tempted to buy that 1945-2015 SE Komandirskie. I've got the 1945-1985 one with the same dial design (well, it's gradated gold rather than radial silver). But $145 for a Komandirskie? Is it made of solid gold or something?

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I'm rather tempted to buy that 1945-2015 SE Komandirskie. I've got the 1945-1985 one with the same dial design (well, it's gradated gold rather than radial silver). But $145 for a Komandirskie? Is it made of solid gold or something?
    Well, it's gold plated which is a first for a Komandirskie! I've just received a 420 with a jolly nice sandwich dial. Will try and get some pics up soon.

Just tried to order a 710SE but the shipping drop down menu is all in Russian

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Well, it's gold plated which is a first for a Komandirskie! I've just received a 420 with a jolly nice sandwich dial. Will try and get some pics up soon.
    I really like the look of the 420 and 120 sandwich dials. Looking forward to the photos.

Well, it's gold plated which is a first for a Komandirskie!
    ??? There are loads of gold plated Komandirskies, including my aforementioned 1985 SE. I don't think I've seen that particular case in gold though. I've got a chrome one. It's not a 420, although it looks similar. I'm not sure of the model number. The 420 is thicker and made of steel not brass, as it's an Amphibia case (although they do sometimes put Komandirskie dials in them, they Say Amphibia on the back).

I've just received a 420 with a jolly nice sandwich dial. Will try and get some pics up soon.
    That does sound unusual. Never seen a Vostok with a sandwich dial before. Did that come from Meranom too? If so I must have missed it. Definitely interested in one of those!

??? There are loads of gold plated Komandirskies, including my aforementioned 1985 SE. I don't think I've seen that particular case in gold though. I've got a chrome one. It's not a 420, although it looks similar. I'm not sure of the model number. The 420 is thicker and made of steel not brass, as it's an Amphibia case (although they do sometimes put Komandirskie dials in them, they Say Amphibia on the back).
    That does sound unusual. Never seen a Vostok with a sandwich dial before. Did that come from Meranom too? If so I must have missed it. Definitely interested in one of those!
    They're titanium nitride coated, not gold plated. The sandwich dial is actually really nice; lume is still crap though. Meranom currently has 3 versions: yellow, blue and a slate grey. Here's some pics taken by Luckywatch which I have stolen from the RLT forum. Hopefully he won't mind:

They're titanium nitride coated, not gold plated.
    Ah, I didn't realise that. Just assumed it was really thin & cheap gold plating.

That sandwich dial does look good. I saw some of those but didn't click on the close-ups and thought they were the usual printed dials. Thinking about some of the awesome looking modded Vostoks that have been posted recently, these could have a lot of modding potential. It's definitely something I want to have a go at soon.

I wonder if the sandwich dials come apart, so you could coat the underside with super-luminova?

Just clicking on some of the different models and it seems that some of the colour variants of that dial are sandwich dials, whereas others have applied indices. They all look the identical in the thumbnails. Almost all of them seem to be out of stock at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Just tried to order a 710SE but the shipping drop down menu is all in Russian
    It's a pain to order, I could not get Paypal payment to work. I finally figured it out and grabbed a blue Amphibian with the 420 case.

First, use Internet Explorer. I could not get Firefox to work. Second, create an account and log in, then add your watch to your cart. When you check out click the Estimate Shipping button and add the shipping. Next, instead of clicking on the Paypal button go through the regular checkout process and choose Paypal in the payment option at the end. It should load up the PayPal page with shipping included in the price.
    Last edited by Saxon007; 16th August 2015 at 02:14.

A bit late but I finally got round to taking a photo of my sandwich-dialled Amphibia. It's been modded already and now sports an SE bezel:

Master
    A bit late but I finally got round to taking a photo of my sandwich-dialled Amphibia. It's been modded already and now sports an SE bezel:

Love that!

Me too. Hope you post more pics

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    It's a pain to order, I could not get Paypal payment to work. I finally figured it out and grabbed a blue Amphibian with the 420 case.

First, use Internet Explorer. I could not get Firefox to work. Second, create an account and log in, then add your watch to your cart. When you check out click the Estimate Shipping button and add the shipping. Next, instead of clicking on the Paypal button go through the regular checkout process and choose Paypal in the payment option at the end. It should load up the PayPal page with shipping included in the price.
    Thanks for the tips, it worked for me :-)

Meranom currently have stock of some of the Special Editions, including the sandwich dials. They will not last long!

Thanks for the tip, just wish the prices hadn´t escalated quite so much..

Just ordered a blue sandwich dial, thanks for the heads-up! Not sure if this works for you guys - and maybe everybody knows this - but if you visit the Russian Meranom site you pay in rubles. Due to a much better conversion rate I saved a couple of tenners.

Quote Originally Posted by JackW View Post
    Just ordered a blue sandwich dial,
    That's the one I went for as well, and an alternative bezel just for fun
    Cheers, Matthew

I've been trying for 2 hours to order a 710 SE but PayPal has thwarted me at every turn. I've never had a problem ordering from Meranom before so it's a bit weird. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be

Just ordered a blue sandwich dial, thanks for the heads-up! Not sure if this works for you guys - and maybe everybody knows this - but if you visit the Russian Meranom site you pay in rubles. Due to a much better conversion rate I saved a couple of tenners.
    Must be a temporary glitch, as they fixed that loophole a while ago. I bought a few off them recently and tried this, but there was no way to pay in rubles without a delivery address in Russia. Kinda surprising that it's working again.

Must be a temporary glitch, as they fixed that loophole a while ago. I bought a few off them recently and tried this, but there was no way to pay in rubles without a delivery address in Russia. Kinda surprising that it's working again.
    Dollars or rubles – it made no difference to me today. I lost out on the watch because useless PayPal kept preventing me from buying the bloody thing.

I've bought countless watches from Meranom and never had a problem. Do you think it's because of Russia's actions in Syria?

Craftsman
    Got mine. Its awesome (lume aside)

That does look nice, is the lume as standard?

Master
    That's a gorgeous looking watch, love the blue dial and bezel.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    That does look nice, is the lume as standard?
    Nope it's about Chinese standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Dollars or rubles – it made no difference to me today. I lost out on the watch because useless PayPal kept preventing me from buying the bloody thing.

I've bought countless watches from Meranom and never had a problem. Do you think it's because of Russia's actions in Syria?
    Sorry to hear that - I paid using PayPal yesterday, I've just checked the account and it all seems to have gone through fine.

Master
    I tried to switch to the Russian version of the site using the drop down but the prices were still in $ (despite being in the UK) so it didn't work. However, while looking at images of Vostoks on Google today I somehow found myself back on the site and noticed the prices were listed in Rubles. When I did a currency conversion the 170SE I was after was now £20 less so it seemed daft not to order. Went through Paypal without any issue. I have a confirmation so we'll see if it's worked.
    Last edited by mowflow; 6th October 2015 at 17:22.

Yay! Success

I contacted PayPal, who said it must be Meranom's site. I contacted Meranom, who suggested using the 2Checkout (the second option after PayPal) and it worked. Still ended up going through PayPal, oddly???

Should be here in a couple of weeks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    I tried to switch to the Russian version of the site using the drop down but the prices were still in $ (despite being in the UK) so it didn't work. However, while looking at images of Vostoks on Google today I somehow found myself back on the site and noticed the prices were listed in Rubles. When I did a currency conversion the 170SE I was after was now £20 less so it seemed daft not to order. Went through Paypal without any issue. I have a confirmation so we'll see if it's worked.

Thank you, I used the above method too and also got onto the Russian site managing to save a little over £20 on my order.