closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: So I'm a huge Panerai Detractor......

So I'm a huge Panerai Detractor......

....but I've ended up purchasing a PAM00122 on impulse, the smaller 40mm size feels good, and of course it's got that El Primero 400 ticking away under the hood. (so much for thinking about culling the collection)

Apogies for the finger prints, need to give the watch a wee clean.

Grand Master
    Lovely little lump there, enjoy
    RIAC

Underrated and quite a collectible and desirable version - probably not for historical fans tho'
    Gray

Master
    It is easy tosee why you would end up with that. great looking watch.

Looks good on bracelet, well done

very nice

Cheers!

My other half joked that I'd not have believed her if she said this morning I'd be wearing a Panerai. Just takes the right watch I guess.
    Works really well on a Admiralty grey NATO :)

Info seems thin on the ground about the 121/122? Did some searching last night, but didn't come across that much. I thought there'd be more given the cult of Panerai.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quite an under the radar model really, only 1500 of each model ever made http://www.paneristi.com/reference/s...esimation.html

A well proven movement of course but the date position like so many others at 4.30 is not conducive for us awkward types who festoon their right wrist with a timepiece. Its a great great looker though for sure.

You bought a Panerai

At least you bought a nice one
    Enjoy wearing it

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    Quite an under the radar model really, only 1500 of each model ever made http://www.paneristi.com/reference/s...esimation.html

A well proven movement of course but the date position like so many others at 4.30 is not conducive for us awkward types who festoon their right wrist with a timepiece. Its a great great looker though for sure.
    Cheers for the helpful info, the web is awash with all sorts of guff about the model, and i couldnt decipher if it was 1500 per variation or 1500 per model (ie 1500 incl. 72/74/121 & 121)

Quote Originally Posted by animalone View Post
    You bought a Panerai

At least you bought a nice one
    Enjoy wearing it
    Ha ha ha... I know! At least it adds a bit a variety to all the black dials with crowns printed on them :p And no bezel for me to freak out over period correct fonts!

Craftsman

Cool Quite a find!

Nice high beat Zenith movement. I think I read in past, 122 was at 250 pieces before Panerai ran out of Zenith movements. 1500 was scheduled production. Rare non limited edition piece. Enjoy that beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post

I'd never thought about the date position being an issue at 4.30, (I have always worn a watch on my right wrist) - but recently bought a Seiko sun kinetic diver with the same date position and I wondered why I found it hard to read at a glance!!

Master
    Lovely watch. Do you have any wrist shots; I'm interested in how a 40mm wears.

I hadn't taken any wrist shots, so I've taking a few to make a wee comparison between the Panerai and a couple of others, to give a better idea of size. The case shape bulks it up a bit more than a typical 40mm, although the 5513 is quite a slim compared to modern rolex, a SD might have been a better reference point.

40mm 5513 vs 40mm PAM vs 42mm IWC

Hope this helps

Master
    Thanks for the shots. It definitely looks bigger than the 5513. I know the hardcore Paneristi say the truest size is 47mm, but imo this looks a great size.

Makes me want to try one

That looks great! I've considered the Pam chronos before, and it's just a matter of time.