closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My first Rolex..

Cool My first Rolex..

I've been an admirer of watches, especially Rolex, for several years now and wondered when the time would come i could buy myself one.
    That time has finally come as i have got myself one as a 21st birthday present to myself, and wow am i pleased with my choice!
    I have always loved the submariner and when i see the 116610LV hulk i fell in love, so that's what i went for!

I got this brand new from iconic watches and i couldn't recommend then enough as the service was brilliant. I ordered it, had it sourced in links removed and delivered in under a week.
    So here she is...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Journeyman
    Lovely watch. I also got a hulk from Iconic last year!

I would take a wrist shot but i currently have a broken right arm so its difficult!!

Stunning

Well done you!

Superb choice, Sir!

They are much more than just green.

Journeyman
    Crikey. I'm not sure I know many 21 year olds who can afford a Rolex. It's a lovely watch - enjoy.

Nice watch mate, I think the Rolex will probably be my next purchase, just need to find the one I really like as im not a lover of the cyclops thingy for the date.

Craftsman
    Wow your first Rolex at 21 years old! Although I'm not that much older than you I'm still a long way away before I can even think about buying one. Enjoy your new watch.

great choice wish i could have afforded a sub at 21.

Journeyman
    Congratulations got my first Rolex a BLNR this year. The only difference is I'm 51 not 21 :-)

Well done on buying the watch at such a relatively young age.

Now, WEAR IT, do not `baby` it, don`t worry about it getting bashed, dinged, scratched and used up and worn out, but never sell it.

In 50 years time you`ll have a few stories to tell about all the things you got up to whilst wearing it.

Green though...

Stunning watch. I do think the green dial makes a difference over the earlier watches that had a black dial and a green bezal insert.

Wear with pride.

Journeyman
    I guess there is a couple of ways this could go.

Getting a new Rolly at 21 means you may not fully appreciate what you've got, and going green is a fad that will pass. Give it a year before you flip it for something more 'interesting?'

Or, as this is as much watch as you'll ever need, you'll go to your grave still wearing it!

Either way, you are a very lucky boy, so enjoy.

A lovely piece. Well done

& there I was thinking of selling mine to recover some of my recent incoming costs, and you go and start a thread like this
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Getting a new Rolly at 21 means you may not fully appreciate what you've got, and going green is a fad that will pass.
    He may only be 21, but at least he doesn't call it a 'Rolly'. I think that's grounds enough not to patronise him.

I bought my first Sub at a similar age - first commission cheque in my first job - mind you that was a few years ago and cost me £750 which was a lot less in relation to today's prices - enjoy it and don't make the mistake of flogging it like I did!

I probably wasn't too much older when I bought my first Rolex - I wore it virtually everyday for around 5 years as my only watch, for almost every activity, and it looks fabulous, even before Rolex serviced it and sent it back looking like the day I picked it up.
    It's just a matter of time...

I have had the same watch for a few days now, enjoy it, i am loving mine.

my first and only rolex ,I had my hands on an hulk a couple of weeks ago and if I was going for a sub it's definitely the one I'd go for,I've also used iconic and was impressed

Blog Entries
    OP.

Well done! Great choice

Martyn

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    He may only be 21, but at least he doesn't call it a 'Rolly'. I think that's grounds enough not to patronise him.
    At least it's not a "Dayto"
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Have always been fan of the not-black Subs! Although I think it's a tad bit too green, a black dial with the green bezel would have been perfect for me.

Congrats, enjoy it. I've always liked the green subs, well done on not taking the vanilla option. (Which I would do if I was in a position to buy one!)

Well done mate, nice watch. Might get myself a BLNR one day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    I guess there is a couple of ways this could go.

Getting a new Rolly at 21 means you may not fully appreciate what you've got, and going green is a fad that will pass. Give it a year before you flip it for something more 'interesting?'

Or, as this is as much watch as you'll ever need, you'll go to your grave still wearing it!

Either way, you are a very lucky boy, so enjoy.
    What a patronising snide you are. Thanks for your eloquent comments newbie.

OP- congratulations and enjoy. Grab your your twenties by the scruff of the neck and wring every bloody second from them.
    Last edited by Tony-GB; 1st August 2015 at 20:49.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your choice dude, great watch.

cicero...........served.

Mike

Master
    Nice Watch Danny, we went for a meal last Thursday with friends and my mate was wearing his new Hulk, first time I've seen one in the flesh and a nice looking Sub! ... enjoy!

Nice one.
    I got my 1st Rolex at 21 also, 4 years later I have 4 so beware, it's addictive.

Would still love to try the LV actually.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    At least it's not a "Dayto"
    Or a "sub" - can you imagine!!!

Great watch, congrats. One of my favourites.

Journeyman
    Very nice indeed. As above, get some serious use out of it.

I picked mine up on Thursday
    It's a great watch but I also have the old lv model and I still like that
    The latest version feels very solid but I think it has made me admire my older version more
    Both are great and congratulations on such a cool birthday present :)

Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    Superb choice, Sir!

They are much more than just green.

I think the green works amazing and the way it changes with the light is even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Nice Watch Danny, we went for a meal last Thursday with friends and my mate was wearing his new Hulk, first time I've seen one in the flesh and a nice looking Sub! ... enjoy!
    Agreed, think it's defiantly a watch that needs to be seen in the flesh to really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Nice one.
    I got my 1st Rolex at 21 also, 4 years later I have 4 so beware, it's addictive.

Would still love to try the LV actually.
    Yep I've realised that as I've already stammered considering my next purchase, I'm thinking Daytona!
    Thanks for the comment dude.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm happy as Larry with it, the green is something I love and think it tops every other sub in my opinion.

I am quite young I suppose but I've worked hard and saved to treat myself, being successful us important to me which is why I work hard as I have expensive taste in watches!

Will be able to get a nice wrist shot in 4 weeks when they remove this bloody cast!

Struggled and managed to get the shot!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Craftsman
    Congrats mate, it looks awesome. My first Rolex was an LV, so good choice!

Alas, I wasnt much older than you (although I am now) but in relative terms it didnt feel as expensive as they do now so you have done well.

Journeyman
    Well done, lovely watch, and as oter have said it on here wear it hard and don't worry about the dings.