closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple meets Geneva design concept

Master

Apple meets Geneva design concept

Someone's had a bit of fun imagining what would happen if Apple linked up with the big watch brands and made a round watch with a rotating control bezel, instead of a rectangular one. Enjoy it before the cease and desist notices start raining in from all sides!

It'll never happen for obvious reasons, but you could definitely amuse yourself swiping between a sub and a PP perpetual calendar!

http://www.yankodesign.com/2015/07/3...urce=pulsenews
    Last edited by Itsguy; 31st July 2015 at 09:14.

Master
    Never going to happen for obvious reasons but awesome if it did lol

I would buy one for sure if this was the actual watch.

Shame it won't as instead of an old style Quartz battle a collaboration with a big brand (I can see TAG being up for this actually - especially with Biver at the helm) this would get the Apple ites and general population buying the pieces and would at least keep buying their products or progress to some loyalty with more traditional pieces ... So each side a winner in the long run...

I don't think a smart watch needs to mimic a traditional watch. The two concepts are at odds with each other.

I wouldn't mind the Apple Watch mimicking a round watch at all - as long as the Apple Watch itself was actually useful, practical and appropriately priced. But all that designer has done is put it in a petty generic round case and swap the faces. The rotating "ring control" style bezel isn't even particularly innovative.

Legit or not, there will soon be "smart" watches with rolex faces. Probably lots of them...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Legit or not, there will soon be "smart" watches with rolex faces. Probably lots of them...
    You're right, they will certainly be hacked with these kinds of dials. Presumably you could create the effect already by loading a few watch dial pics into the photo album.

Of course, you could never hope to catch the real fascination of a watch face on a screen, the play of light over sunbursts and batons sparkling. Though perhaps you could use the motion sensors to animate the display and give them a bit of life.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I don't think a smart watch needs to mimic a traditional watch. The two concepts are at odds with each other.
    Couldn't agree more. I stick to the "Modular" dial on my Apple Watch. But I thought this was very cool (for those of us of a certain age) — the Omega Seamaster Pro from GoldenEye 007 on Nintendo 64 running on an Android smartwatch:

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I stick to the "Modular" dial on my Apple Watch. But I thought this was very cool (for those of us of a certain age) — the Omega Seamaster Pro from GoldenEye 007 on Nintendo 64 running on an Android smartwatch:

Brilliant. That brings back memories. I played that game to death!

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Someone's had a bit of fun imagining what would happen if Apple linked up with the big watch brands and made a round watch with a rotating control bezel, instead of a rectangular one. Enjoy it before the cease and desist notices start raining in from all sides!

It'll never happen for obvious reasons, but you could definitely amuse yourself swiping between a sub and a PP perpetual calendar!

http://www.yankodesign.com/2015/07/3...urce=pulsenews
    I can smell a lawyers' picnic coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post

Love that, watch is crap but I love the face. The blue bars always went too quick lol