closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ditching BT Broadband/TV for Sky

Ditching BT Broadband/TV for Sky

Hi Everyone,

Looking to ditch BT Broadband/TV/Phone for Sky after the recent price rise and also there ridiculous policy of charging £5 for sports channels for those out of contract, unless they take out a new contract. I think that is very poor.

Anyway, what are the best deals around at the moment from your experience?

Also, can anyone remember the good member here who made some really great packages available for the TZ folk?

Thanks.

Craftsman
    Sky are OK and as a new customer you should be able to get a decent deal depending on what you want. I would call them rather than buy online and negotiate a price you are comfortable with. As per any provider you will have to renegotiate your contract every year. They are very good at sneakily increasing your charges so keep a close eye on your monthly bill which you can do online.

I did mine recently and actually went to the extent of cancelling altogether. Within a week I was getting phone calls and mail shots with much better offers compared to what they were offering me previously. I did consider Virgin but just can't get on with their Tivo boxes. I much prefer the Sky Interface.

Master
    I'm looking at the same thing. The out of contract sport pack is actually £11.75 and HD is an additional £4.
    I've rung BT and they have said they will knock £3 pm off my broadband contract. I'm waiting for a call back from another team as I said that wasn't good enough. I've looked at Sky but would rather not go through the hassle of changing

I dropped BT at home and will do the same at work when the contract is up - they're complete shite....still having problems with them now.

I had fibre at home and it was approaching £40 (inc line) - I've gone to Sky copper and it's £23.............and I can't tell the difference.

I don't think they're any real difference in customer service (they're both crap) but at nearly half the cost, I'm happy.

Quidco

The cash back sites offer amazing deals for taking out a new package
    A quick glance is showing £155 if you're having fibre

Never had BT but have had Sky for a while. As an existing customer, all the deals they did you to get you on board are mystically unavailable anymore - they save them for new customers. Their customer loyalty is shit.
    I've just binned off their broadband and phone and have Virgin fibre installed. It pisses all over the Sky option x 10

I'll be getting rid of my BT broadband ASAP as my mobile Internet is faster

Craftsman
    just blasted and knocked the bt sport off however my ininity2 may take a bit more persuading...if i was re contracting...i would go back to Zen

I've just got letter from BT announcing that I need to pay £5 for UEFA champions league and Europa league (and subsidise linekers lifestyle as the BBC enormous salary isn't enough for him......)
    Apparently the myriad of delights include the FA cup and premier league football and European rugby...

How amazing .... I don't know why they wanted to remind me of this as I absolutely detest football though I know some people love it I can't bear it...I also have zero interest in euro rugby .... It does include Moto GP which is the only reason I took BT in the first place as it's the only sport I watch apart from F1 ...

I could just get BT sport lite which gives me BT 1, inconveniently Moto GP is normally on BT2

I have heard of people getting some money off when they've complained so be interested if anyone has like Craig above what did you say to them?

This is another one of those times you need to,sit down with a pen and paper and ring BT, Skt and Virgin and see what they offer then look at the cheapest best deal and ring you preferred supplier to tel the. What they need to better.

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    This is another one of those times you need to,sit down with a pen and paper and ring BT, Skt and Virgin and see what they offer then look at the cheapest best deal and ring you preferred supplier to tel the. What they need to better.
    Probably will, my problem is none of the others offer Moto GP so it's going to be a bluff on leaving them......equally bizarre as it sounds though....,BT is the only provider we can get in my area on our exchange...rural Devon life #firstworldproblem
    However Clarence in Mumbai doesn't know that when I call so some hoodwinking is in order

Craftsman
    They are all the same. I'm on Virgin, they put the prices up at the start of the year and they've just tried to put them up by another 3 quid. I bet they try again before the end of the year. Apparently this rise is something to do with football matches I have no interest in but can't opt out of. They're currently giving me a £12.50 discount per month because their broadband is so poor.

People complain when gas bills go up but these clowns are worse in my opinion. At least you can opt out of paid TV with freeview.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Looking to ditch BT Broadband/TV/Phone for Sky after the recent price rise and also there ridiculous policy of charging £5 for sports channels for those out of contract, unless they take out a new contract. I think that is very poor.

Anyway, what are the best deals around at the moment from your experience?

Also, can anyone remember the good member here who made some really great packages available for the TZ folk?

Thanks.
    Cman

http://forum.tz-uk.com/member.php?2127-cman

As of this weekend I am doing exactly the same, ditching BT for Sky, all down to price as customer service fairly similarly average from what I can gather.

Blog Entries
    I kicked BT into touch almost two years ago now and my only regret is that I did not switch to Sky earlier!
    Last edited by KavKav; 30th July 2015 at 22:17.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I was getting ripped off by BT and got little interest when looking to go to fibre or any better deals.
    Decided to go to Sky and getting a far better deal on fibre and phone.
    Phoned BT just to see what they would say after they were notified by Sky and would you believe they suddenly were able to offer something competitive!

Banned
    I have both and due to the sport they each provide, until one side or the other has everything I won't be changing.

Have you looked into NOW TV I detest sky and sports ( mainly ) with a passion, For our purpose now TV seems absolutely fine, Even Down to running it from my IPhone as a personal hotspot when away from home, Worth a gander maybe?