closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just back from STS my SM200 pre Bond

Just back from STS my SM200 pre Bond

Thanks to STS especially Simon my SM200 has been returned to her full glory.

She's been fitted with a NOS bezel I had to sort this from the States. Luckily STS graciously fitted it for me.

The watch was in a right old sorry state before sending it to STS and I've just nipped to Tom Dick to pick it up (like the true gent he is he picked it up for me).
    I wasn't expecting it to look this good!

I had it done for my holiday watch as most of my watches are dressy or military and aren't up to the extreme tests of dive bombing, tropical sun tan lotion and extreme cocktails and I thought this would fit the bill.

It looks so good I dare not wear it lol.

Just a few pictures taken on my Samsung s6 .

Thanks for looking at this over shadowed unsung beauty of a watch that sadly has to be titled Pre Bond.

Wow - I love that - what is the actual year?

Grand Master
    Nice one, I have a slightly earlier bimetal version and it gets a lot of use.

This is one of the later type, with sword hands and slightly thicker bezel. It'll date from somewhere around 1990-93. I think the earlier Merceds hands (like mine) stopped around 1990, but I`m not certain.

Paul

I had one of these for 17 years and it was my only watch. I had it restored by Omega and couldn't bring myself to wear it again. Easily the best watch I ever had.

luckily I still have all the papers it was purchased from H.L Brown &sons of Sheffield on the 25th of June 1992 so not bad for a 23 year old.

Very nice . Is a great little watch. Have always liked those.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Very nice . Is a great little watch. Have always liked those.
    it's mad I'm used to wearing military style watches around the 34-36mm mark so this seams huge lol.

It's certainly as big as my old Submariner 5513.

It wears very close to the wrist though as the case back is slightly concave, this makes it very comfortable to wear.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Baden H View Post
    luckily I still have all the papers it was purchased from H.L Brown &sons of Sheffield on the 25th of June 1992 so not bad for a 23 year old.
    ...and is this the first time it's been serviced? Great if it is, no need for an STS visit from me for a while

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Baden H View Post
    Looks like I got the age correct...............maybe I need to get out more

As for the servicing aspect, it's a different ball-game with quartz watches. They'll run for many years before they need cleaning and re-oiling....provided no muck gets in during battery changes. I don`t believe it does any harm to run 'em till they stop, unlike mechanicals which will always wear if not lubricated.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 26th July 2015 at 19:37.

Looks amazing . I don't actually like the case shape or integrated bracelet on these but that looks really really tasty
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

That's a beautiful watch in fantastic condition. Enjoy wearing it.

Looks great!

Had a chronometer version of this model, regretting selling it looking at this!!

Master
    That's one smart looking watch. Be shame to damage it on holiday. I'll look after it for you... ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Looks like I got the age correct...............maybe I need to get out more

As for the servicing aspect, it's a different ball-game with quartz watches. They'll run for many years before they need cleaning and re-oiling....provided no muck gets in during battery changes. I don`t believe it does any harm to run 'em till they stop, unlike mechanicals which will always wear if not lubricated.

Paul
    I presumed it were an automatic.

Great to see longevity of any watch on the same wrist regardless.

Master
    It looks great and I'd be lying if I said this thread didn't get me looking at Chrono24 - green with envy

However, I fear that if the OP's watch came back to me looking like that I'd more than likely be in the same boat as bonzo697...

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    I had one of these for 17 years and it was my only watch. I had it restored by Omega and couldn't bring myself to wear it again. Easily the best watch I ever had.

Craftsman
    Lovely

SWMBO has the mid size version of this as her daily wearer. It has been really put to the test and still looks good!

Looks great, i have one still in fabulous condition, although the bracelet needs adjusting cause i have fairly big wrists now.

These watches don't get much love but I quite like my fullsize two-tone version (with the HAQ 1441 movement) :

here are more members of the family :

A nice topic here to know all about these watches : http://forums.watchuseek.com/f45/fai...es-316149.html