closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage Tudor Bug

Journeyman

Vintage Tudor Bug

Hi guys

Vintage Rolex got me into watches years ago, but recently Tudor has overtaken as my passion. So far have picked up a beautiful snowflake and a slightly beaten 7928 (love beaten tool watches), hoping next pick up will be 7928 with chapter ring if anyone has one for sale ;).

But think there is something very cool about a Tudor, very understated and very cool.

Master
    Those are lovely. I've always fancied a Snowflake but I think I prefer the 7928 more now.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    Those are lovely. I've always fancied a Snowflake but I think I prefer the 7928 more now.
    Thanks- love them both, same heritage but totally different. Do fancy that 7928 chapter dial though

I especially like your 7928, the old school "Rotor Self-Winding" text is very cool.

The vintage Tudor subs are fantastic watches. Sadly, they have gotten rather expensive the last couple of years and certain ones can be hard to find. I've been looking for a clean, no-date blue snowflake for ages and haven't run across one yet.

Craftsman
    That's two very beautiful specimens you have there! I have quite a thing for Tudor, and actually think I prefer them over Rolex. The bezel and patina on the 7928 is just amazing, and my 79090 seems a bit sad now.

Both are great! However I think I like the snowflake even more!

Craftsman
    That Snowflake is lovely - cracking pair of watches.

very nice good honest unrestored history

Craftsman

Vintage Tudor Bug

I think a blue '76 snowflake is my birth year Grail! If only I'd realized 10 years ago when I bought a '76 speed master "Grail" when relatively new to watches!
    Last edited by Gordon76; 20th July 2015 at 20:41.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by famyklebust View Post
    That's two very beautiful specimens you have there! I have quite a thing for Tudor, and actually think I prefer them over Rolex. The bezel and patina on the 7928 is just amazing, and my 79090 seems a bit sad now.
    I agree totally, I know Rolex is the original and 'big brother' with in house movement etc... but there is something so cool about Tudor that to me is surpasses Rolex (although there re plenty of vintage Rolex am still dying to get my hands on)

Stunning snowflake. What a watch!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    Stunning snowflake. What a watch!
    Thanks mate

That's a briljant pair indeed. Your Snowflake is amazing!

Vintage Tudor subs are very nice. And you're right in chasing a 7928 with chapter ring, I really love mine:

Lovely. Now just need to add a Monte Carlo!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy C. View Post
    That's a briljant pair indeed. Your Snowflake is amazing!

Vintage Tudor subs are very nice. And you're right in chasing a 7928 with chapter ring, I really love mine:

God I love those watches, think there is a big enough difference between chapter ring and no chapter ring to justify one.

I'm really starting to want a worn 7928, the way the bezel has faded out to a bluey grey & the warm colour the lume has gone really works!
    Eddy everything about yours is just right, esp being on the riveted bracelet, just looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilddyan View Post
    God I love those watches, think there is a big enough difference between chapter ring and no chapter ring to justify one.
    Ah, you’re looking for reasons to buy a second 7928... How about this one: get yourself a 7928 from 1963 or before with pointed crown guards:

Mine is from 1963 by the way

Or, if you want something really special, get yourself a gilt 7928 (not mine onfortunately):

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I'm really starting to want a worn 7928, the way the bezel has faded out to a bluey grey & the warm colour the lume has gone really works!
    Eddy everything about yours is just right, esp being on the riveted bracelet, just looks great!
    Thanks!!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy C. View Post
    Ah, you’re looking for reasons to buy a second 7928... How about this one: get yourself a 7928 from 1963 or before with pointed crown guards:

Mine is from 1963 by the way

Or, if you want something really special, get yourself a gilt 7928 (not mine onfortunately):
    Yeah been thinking about a PCG, have a new JLC Deep sea Alarm Euro Version that I never wear- was thinking about swapping for one.