closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone around Manchester or Leeds up for a watch gathering?

Craftsman

Anyone around Manchester or Leeds up for a watch gathering?

I think the title says it all. Just returned to the UK and am a watch fanatic. Only have an AP and ALS but would love to see some other watches.

I'd be up for one before the footy season starts (preferably). Missed the last one, I saw the thread too late cos someone posted it in the G&D.

Master
    Yep Manchester preferred

Ant

There would normally be one around November time, but I see no reason why not to fit one in between. Hols might be a problem for some, but with two to come this year we should be able to please everyone.
    Welcome OP - did you have a venue in mind? We have a "usual" venue but nothing is written in stone - in fact we have a suggestion that would be a bit adventurous and could draw a few in from W. Yorks despite being accessible from M/C centre via pubic transport.
    Last edited by unclealec; 11th July 2015 at 07:48.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    There would normally be one around November time, but I see no reason why not to fit one in between. Hols might be a problem for some, but with two to come this year we should be able to please everyone.
    Welcome OP - did you have a venue in mind? We have a "usual" venue but nothing is written in stone - in fact we have a suggestion that would be a bit adventurous and could draw a few in from S. Yorks despite being accessible from M/C centre via pubic transport.
    No venue in mind at all. Just thought it might be nice to have a few beers and talk about and look at watches. Furthermore, I am eager to find out a bit more about good places to look for watches in the general area.

Journeyman
    Greetings from Leeds. I don't have anything fancy worth ogling, but I'd be interested in a bit of watch chat.

Master
    City Centre again? I'll definitely be up for it if I can find a free weekend.

FWIW I'm always about in Bolton if any of the members fancy a pint. Met loads of the Northern contingent now and apart from a couple of oddballs** it's usually a great laugh.

**Stay away from that 'Alec' character. One of these 'real ale' nutters, he'll lead you into temptation.

Welcome OP - did you have a venue in mind? We have a "usual" venue but nothing is written in stone - in fact we have a suggestion that would be a bit adventurous and could draw a few in from S. Yorks despite being accessible from M/C centre via pubic transport.
    South Yorkshire you say ,me starts getting giddy

Is it considered sartorially correct to wear a crash helmet and to carry a sledgehammer?

I'd be up for it. Was away last time there was one in Manchester.

Could do Leeds or Manchester.

Quote Originally Posted by tempfort View Post
    Is it considered sartorially correct to wear a crash helmet and to carry a sledgehammer?
    Why not, everyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    South Yorkshire you say ,me starts getting giddy
    I do apologise. I got the wrong railway line. I should have said W. York's. I have edited the post.

OK guys - shall we put something together?
    City centre Manchester or somewhere accessible from Mc & W. York's by train?
    Which weekend in August?
    Sat or Sun?

Craftsman
    I should be able to make whenever.

Master
    If diary permits I would be up for this.

Grand Master
    I`d be up for another get together in Manchester. Trains for Leeds are v. frequent so it's an easy trip from god's own County.

Paul

Apologies chaps; I am having brake rebuild problems prior to my hols, and won't be able to turn my attention to this until early August. If anyone wants to organise something please so do.

OK guys - sometimes events overtake planning.

Flashmob TZMCGTG Tues evening 18th August, 8ish, with a GUEST APPEARANCE from a distinguished and prominent TZUK regular poster not previously seen at MCGTGs. M/c centre.

If interested, PM me for details; I will reply early August as I am still engaged in a fight to the death with the Riley brakes.

Flashmob TZMCGTG Tues evening 18th August, 8ish, with a GUEST APPEARANCE from a distinguished and prominent TZUK regular poster not previously seen at MCGTGs. M/c centre.
    That sounds interesting; I'm looking forward to meeting him or her.

Banned
    Chance for a beer, why not.

A development I'm afraid - I have returned from hols with a poorly wife - pneumonia we think. Awaiting test results. All leave is cancelled pending resolution. Could interested parties please arrange between themselves. Very sorry but I am sure you will understand where my priorities lie just now.

Master
    Very sorry to hear that Alec - I wish her a speedy recovery matey, and sincerely hope you managed to beat those Riley brakes!

I'm free the weekend of 29th/30th I think, but no spare weekends until then sadly. Hope the g2g still goes ahead, I'll make the Christmas one if nowt else, last one was a blast!

That's a shame. I'll be in Manchester that week on a course so will still aim to be at the venue at the allotted time so if anybody fancies a swift half...

Hope she recovers soon Alec - best wishes, Scott
    It's just a matter of time...

Thanks all. Good wishes duly passed on. Waiting game for now, but a noticeable improvement after medication.

A quick bump. I intend to be there shortly before 8. I shan't be wearing my hat.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.