closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Asking Sinn for a modification, any experience?

Master

Asking Sinn for a modification, any experience?

I seem to recall one or two comments over the years that Sinn may be willing to make modifications to a standard watch when ordering directly from themselves.

Now I could well be completely wrong about this, but has any one any experience of talking to Sinn about a modification?

Many thanks

Sean
    Last edited by ZIM; 9th July 2015 at 08:39. Reason: Grammar

Not directly, but when I was in the process of ordering my U1T I'm sure the AD mentioned I could order with eg UX hands - they actually had a leftie UX GSG9 in stock without all the GSG9 dial writing, so I think it's possible

Personally I do not have experience, but recent comments have lead me to believe that an AD can get it done for a run of watches, but that an individual may not be able to.
    And if it uses custom parts - no chance.
    The example given is the Page and Cooper UX with GSG9 crown position, but a normal UX dial (cleaner, less script). But this is a mod that uses all standard bits, and they told me they got a batch of 10 of them done when I spoke to them at SalonQP.

D

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Personally I do not have experience, but recent comments have lead me to believe that an AD can get it done for a run of watches, but that an individual may not be able to.
    And if it uses custom parts - no chance.
    The example given is the Page and Cooper UX with GSG9 crown position, but a normal UX dial (cleaner, less script). But this is a mod that uses all standard bits, and they told me they got a batch of 10 of them done when I spoke to them at SalonQP.

D
    Yes, it was Page and Cooper - they seem to have a good relationship with Sinn, and I don't think it would be impossible to order eg a different coloured second hand (as long as it was a standard production part) to be fitted to a watch you were ordering - I'm sure P&C would advise (I have no affiliation with them, just a satisfied customer!)

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    I seem to recall one or two comments over the years that Sinn may be willing to make modifications to a standard watch when ordering directly from themselves.

Now I could well be completely wrong about this, but has any one any experience of talking to Sinn about a modification?

Many thanks

Sean
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf3CUQc30XY

Perhaps a video you'd be interested in.

Master
    Thanks for your comments chaps.

The video looks interesting AllyWheels I will watch it this evening, thanks for pointing me in its direction.

Sean

Craftsman
    I have read elsewhere that Sinn will put other Sinn parts (mostly hands) onto a new watch as part of a "custom build" and it was pretty low cost too. But, you'll have to ask them yourself!

Master
    Yup, that's the plan.

Go on then, tell us what you're going to ask for.......

Master
    It’s a bit of a long shot, hence my question to see what others may have been able to achieve. I really like the Sinn 104 and would get one in flash but for the day box. Having tried watches in the past, including other Sinns, with a day box I know they are not for me.

So…………………..

It’s a bit of a long shot, hence my question to see what others may have been able to achieve. I really like the Sinn 104 and would get one in flash but for the day box. Having tried watches in the past, including other Sinns, with a day box I know they are not for me.

So…………………..
    Buy mine and i will include a roll of black tape to cover the day/date!

Journeyman
    What does everyone have against a day wheel? It's the one thing you set once, and only once!

I ask because someone else complained about the day wheel on Damaskos in another forum.

Master
    I am not sure what other people have against it, but for me it is unnecessary and spoils the layout of the face.

The Sinn 104 is, for me, an almost perfect watch spoiled by the day box.

Thanks for the offer Minkle, I may come back to you on that if Sinn say nein.

Thanks for the offer Minkle, I may come back to you on that if Sinn say nein.
    I'm sure we are all interested in hearing what they say, good luck.

Master
    I will update when I get a reply. In the mean time good lunch with your sales post it's a great watch, even with the day box.

Sean

Do you mean like this? EDIT: This?

I'd guess your answer will depend on if it requires any retooling of an automated process in the dial manufacture. If the cut outs are done by hand then it should be possible.
    One could imagine the day wheel etc being left as is but the dial cutout simply reduced.

EDIT: I agree a day indicator is unnecessary, and this model looks more balanced without it. With the Damasko cross hair dials, it works better.

I'm also interested to hear their response on this.
    Last edited by AllyWheels; 10th July 2015 at 18:46. Reason: Incorrect Model Shown - See ZIM's reply below

Master
    Yes that is exactly what I am thinking of although the 104 version I had in mind was the one that Minkle currently has up on SC. However I would be delighted with the version you have produced in illustration if Sinn could make it.

Thanks

Sean

EDIT: That's the one. Many thanks for putting that up AllyWheels, it is exactly how I would like to see the watch. Now lets see what Sinn have to say.
    Last edited by ZIM; 11th July 2015 at 09:02.